• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I feel an urge to spam numerous rude words in front of a big AWESOME, but I already got warned once for that so I'll pass.

This map just gets more extremely win with every visit I make to the thread, it removes most of my perceived limitations for the World Editor ( with the exception of that annoying 8MB limit ).

A load of GL for completing this, it's just unbelievable, and will blow the minds of most people.

Level 4
How did you manage to attach the text while the cinematic-mode is activated? Fade-filter?

This is very simple. This text is a transmission. Sorry, for polish names of variables. ;D

• Conversation Player Options
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set tekst_rozmowy = <Empty String>
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to ilosc_odp, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set tekst_wypowiedzi = (((String((Integer A))) + . ) + tekst[(Integer A)])
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Integer A) Equal to numer_wybranej_odp
            • Then - Actions
              • Set tekst_wypowiedzi = ((kolor_poczatek + tekst_wypowiedzi) + kolor_koniec)
            • Else - Actions
          • Set tekst_wypowiedzi = (tekst_wypowiedzi + |n)
          • Set tekst_rozmowy = (tekst_rozmowy + tekst_wypowiedzi)
      • Trigger - Turn on Conversation Player Ask list <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
Arrow keys:

• TALK P
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Up Arrow key
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • numer_wybranej_odp Greater than 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set numer_wybranej_odp = (numer_wybranej_odp - 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set numer_wybranej_odp = ilosc_odp
      • Trigger - Run Conversation Player Options <gen> (ignoring conditions)

• TALK N
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) Presses the Down Arrow key
    • Conditions
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • numer_wybranej_odp Less than ilosc_odp
        • Then - Actions
          • Set numer_wybranej_odp = (numer_wybranej_odp + 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set numer_wybranej_odp = 1
      • Trigger - Run Conversation Player Options <gen> (ignoring conditions)
  • Conversation Player Ask list
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from a Player 1 (Red) Keira named (Proper name of bohater) at temploc: Play No sound and display tekst_rozmowy. Modify duration: Set to 0.00 seconds and Wait

And this is dialog form screen:
  • Ask03a
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • Conversation Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set tekst[1] = Indeed, everything is as I remember
      • Set tekst[2] = However, I have the impression that the course of time has changed this place
      • Set tekst[3] = Still have not seen your old home, Meatin
      • Set tekst[4] = We've changed
      • Set ilosc_odp = 4
      • Set numer_wybranej_odp = 1
      • -------- --------- --------
      • Trigger - Turn off Camera03b <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Camera03a <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Level 17
fang-and-vanille.jpg

this vs this
I do acknowledge you are putting an effort into this, but don't claim stuff to be your creation, it will just undermine your credibility.

otherwise you're doing good, but seriously FFXIII stuff in wc3 ? even if optimized but still..

Heh... woman model. Previous model was made by me with transfered WoW animations.
About new model: Clothing and body parts comes from the Fang from FF, which I downloaded from the Goblin Academy. I attached a different hair, earned gloves, removed the unnecessary details. I changed a lot in this model.
All textures are my work. So I can't say that the model is from different game. ;P Sorry.

@Talavaj: ///facepalmmm

Level 4
so re-skin and removal of a few a geosets is enough to pass the blatant plagiarism on hive ? lol good to know.
///facepalmmm

Gosh....
In game, we can attach additional elements to the cloth(armor) (Look Crafting Manager ---> Other ---> Armor Kit), which changes the ordinary, lightweight clothes into really good protection.

Besides, the model serves me as a basic model, which I create other female characters, changing the texture of the face, hair color and clothing.

In addition, I decided to give more freedom. I want to give option to change your hair color (about 10 - 20 colors in the table), change hairstyles (hair = attachment) and clothes color. Name and characteristic orange color of eyes, unfortunately, are threads of story, so are not editable. I also came to the idea of ​​"Requiem - The Backstory", where you will be able to play man. This version will be identical with the possibility of playing a custom character.
So.... my next step is make Character Creator Manager.

For now, hair as head attachment looks good (look previous screens of character, where hair is attachment)

Heh.....Who cares that the model is similar to some other from different game. I can export model of Lara Croft from Tomb Raider and put it in a map ...
======================================================

- Yes, the terrain need some blur. Update and new screens soon.

Level 16
Gosh....
In game, we can attach additional elements to the cloth(armor) (Look Crafting Manager ---> Other ---> Armor Kit), which changes the ordinary, lightweight clothes into really good protection.

Besides, the model serves me as a basic model, which I create other female characters, changing the texture of the face, hair color and clothing.

In addition, I decided to give more freedom. I want to give option to change your hair color (about 10 - 20 colors in the table), change hairstyles (several types). Name and characteristic orange color of eyes, unfortunately, are threads of story, so are not editable. I also came to the idea of ​​"Requiem - The Backstory", where you will be able to play man. So my next step is make Character Creator Manager.

Heh.....Who cares that the model is similar to some other from different game. I can export model of Lara Croft from Tomb Raider and put it in a map ...
======================================================

- Yes, the terrain need some blur. Update and new screens soon.

Dafuq. Don't you want to make Skyrim itself? This sounds too cool to be real in war3.

Here you go example for lordaeron tileset:
call SetDayNightModels("Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronTerrain\\DNCLordaeronTerrain.mdl" , "Environment\\DNC\\DNCLordaeron\\DNCLordaeronUnit\\DNCLordaeronUnit.mdl")
You can find them in your main function in war3map.j.

So you just change the Lordaeron part to the tileset you're using?
I see.

Level 9
hey, i have some questions,
where did you get the footman?

and

did all that models are from hiveworkshop? cuz, i'm looking after them.

Level 4
I hope it's some cool new system ^^

Not system, but a map.

Looking for good guy, who have well working front editor (can be eudcedit, if you have it on your windows) to reduce size of all symbols to 65%. Front type is ttf. I wasted so much time on looking good front ttf editor . So if someone could do this simple job, I will very gratefull. Please, send me PM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.