• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Wow this is amazing!
I hate adventure games but this looks awesome.
incredible what u still can do with the wc3 engine. It will never get old the mapsizes just will become greater.
I wonder what we will see in 2 years or so ...
Because this looks like a game released in 2009. Imagine what we will see in 2 years :D
HD wc3? maybe someone manages to create 3D games with the wc3 engine we dont know

AWESOME WORK !:ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 4
Ehh... I really shouldn't do it. ;)

Little evidence that the project is still alive. Unfortunately, you have to wait longer, then "little", because I still have much to do. ;( Wish me luck.

But now.... From Death World with love:

unled6f.jpg

deathworld.jpg

spiderb.jpg

ambnush.jpg

zombiezk.jpg

battle1.jpg

wssss.jpg

fffil.jpg

Level 4
I have old monitor and the maximum resolution is 1280x1024x32. But I was able to check the map on a much larger monitors and really looks great.

The Camera system allows very high image manipulation. Zooming in, zooming out, rotating. Additionally, I used "Sway the camera." Maybe nothing special, but it's very nice effect.

Btw. I reduced the front's symbols sizes, so my request is no longer avaible.

Level 24
Seriously HOW ARE YOU DOING IT SO GOOD. Your map is witheout question the best map I've ever seen when it comes to terrain and systems!

Level 4
Aw who cares, if you rip enough models and textures from other games and put them into a terrible game engine, it's bound to look good! Amirite?

Hmn...

How many model do you recognize from other games? 3, 4, maybe 5?
All of them i found on Goblin Academy. Most of models are from WoW. Can't I use them?

this thread should be deleted entirely.

Thanks. ;)

Level 4
I think, our Kodiak Bear is a little rude. His off-top should be deleted entirely. :p

===========================================================

Today I'm going to do cinematics. I finished the main menu. Credits are ready, but I still adding new entries.
Main Menu Art by ~lukpazera

ddddddy.jpg

requiemperditionindarkh.jpg

Changes:

* Searching Hotkey is now button [F]
* Dig Abillity needs Shovel or Mine Pickaxe

Last edited:
Level 24
Holy $hit how you can do these things are beyond my understanding!

Anyways hope we'll see a Beta ver soon :)

Level 19
Stop hating, this is THE most beautiful map here, simple as that.

It's people like you that makes the world worse.

Make the world worse?

Ripping models from other games is a blatant offense to the Hive's rules, this map isn't even going to be accepted here because of it. This might be okay at xgm.ru, or some other hog-wash site that doesn't respect the true creators of original artwork, but here, we have standards.

Is the project beautiful? Yes.
But not because the creator took the time to create the textures and models or got them from the database of either Wc3campaigns or The Hive Workshop, but merely stole them from games that are copyrighted, which is not only against the Hive Workshop rules but is illegal entirely.

If you can make a menu system, hotkeys binding, and beautiful world terrain, then surely you can create original models. I mean, the witch from Left 4 Dead? Come on, that's just blatant theft of another person's model.

You people are all going crazy about the look of the game--anyone can make something look good with every model and texture from every game ever made at their disposal.

Please, replace all ripped textures and models with original work, so that this may be approved and you can be taken seriously.

Level 24
Everyone needs to realise that this is the best map ever when it comes to design and systems. However I do not know wheter or not if this is the best map to explore and experiense.

Prove to me that it is!

Level 3
Bla bla bla...

Please, replace all ripped textures and models with original work, so that this may be approved and you can be taken seriously.

First of all the "Bla bla bla" isn't to be offensive just to reduce the amount of text. ;)
But are you seriously saying this fella can't be taken serious because he ripped textures/models from another game? Sure it is wrong of him and he should make his own textures, but I think this fella deserves a lot of respect considering the system.

Level 6
Make the world worse?

Ripping models from other games is a blatant offense to the Hive's rules, this map isn't even going to be accepted here because of it. This might be okay at xgm.ru, or some other hog-wash site that doesn't respect the true creators of original artwork, but here, we have standards.

Is the project beautiful? Yes.
But not because the creator took the time to create the textures and models or got them from the database of either Wc3campaigns or The Hive Workshop, but merely stole them from games that are copyrighted, which is not only against the Hive Workshop rules but is illegal entirely.

If you can make a menu system, hotkeys binding, and beautiful world terrain, then surely you can create original models. I mean, the witch from Left 4 Dead? Come on, that's just blatant theft of another person's model.

You people are all going crazy about the look of the game--anyone can make something look good with every model and texture from every game ever made at their disposal.

Thats fine and all, but u dont have to be so direct and negative. Makes u look like a jerk. The world doesnt need another one of those.

Level 4
@Gausslander:

http://wc3r.forumcircle.com/viewtopic.php?t=11601

So going by your line of thinking is not allowed to import models from WoW, because it's a another game, right?
You can't upload models from other games on Hive. It's true. But into your map you can import everything, as Kobas said.

Yes... If I had the programs and capabilities is clear that I would do models alone. And so, I walk through the thousand pages on other sites and looking for something quality. And yes, I'm working only on War3ModelEditor and Photoshop and Milkshape 3d. ;)

You may think, that I installs games created by experienced game studios. Then turn on the special program and break into the game database and export data. Yes.... but actually I have no idea how to do it. ;(

About map, i think it will never be uploaded in map section. Look the weight. Perhaps the map will also be protected too. But I will upload all systems.

I don't want to complain, another project on Hive is using a model ripped from L4D, but more remaked than mine.
Maybe you should go make there a sensation. I'm not a bad guy here.

Last edited:
Level 4
Last time I was updating the project's graphic deisgn. I added a shadows to most objects such as rocks, pieces of wood or items.

Cinematic mode + Custom Script: call SetDayNightModels("","") + Omnidirectional light model

I will make a list of things that need to be done. Then, if someone is interested in help, can let me know.
I must remind you that I did not write nothing about the plot and characters and I had to do it for a long time, but I noticed that the project is attract the interest without it.
So I think it would be more fun if you learn anything from the game.

I use self-created "artificial shadows," which skillfully deploys the object shadows and ambient effect and which are visible from every angle tilting the camera.
Similarly, to obtain a good result in light of all the materials I add a combination of several fliters such modulate and additive to models's materials.
To explain how it all came from, here is some wips:
Status of work: 70%

Level 14
Last time I was updating the project's graphic deisgn. I added a shadows to most objects such as rocks, pieces of wood or items.

Cinematic mode + Custom Script: call SetDayNightModels("","") + Omnidirectional light model

I will make a list of things that need to be done. Then, if someone is interested in help, can let me know.
I must remind you that I did not write nothing about the plot and characters and I had to do it for a long time, but I noticed that the project is attract the interest without it.
So I think it would be more fun if you learn anything from the game.

I use self-created "artificial shadows," which skillfully deploys the object shadows and ambient effect and which are visible from every angle tilting the camera.
Similarly, to obtain a good result in light of all the materials I add a combination of several fliters such modulate and additive to models's materials.
To explain how it all came from, here is some wips:
Status of work: 70%

Looks really great... like almost all of your screenshots and I like this new shadow thing keep it up! :) +rep

Level 6
Holy shit :goblin_jawdrop:

As I saw those screenshots I was like wtf and thought about the mapsize, which can never be under 8 MB with all this stuff included.
But 177MB just lol... incredible, I really hope this will get done once in a day.
+rep, this is pure sex. :goblin_wtf:

Edit: I just wondered how you bother to save AND test this map more than just one time a day (I guess), this has to take like 10-20 minutes to save and around 5-10 minutes to load, even with a high-end computer... just wow, you are amazing, all those high-res models, Did you all make them yourself? Like 5000+ Polygons each model ... I'm out of superlatives dude.

Level 4
As I mentioned, the most poly has Girl's model, and this is slightly above 1800, so 1800 <5000 +:)

It all looks nice because of the high-quality textures.

The game saving time as loading is just a few seconds, and I do not have the newest computer.

Believe me, I tested it many times and if game slowed down because of the , these models I would say "Fuck this" and would not be doing the project any longer. For now, everything comes beautifully and smoothly.

Yes, I was once a coincidence that after the entry into a certain area, the game slowed down as a hell, and it turned out that only one of the models was bugged.

Just map archive writing in the editor takes about a minute, but who cares a map saving in WE. ;>

The conclusion is this: You are afraid to use high-quality models. ;P

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A lot of decor models are my work. I have problem with animation transfers, so I make often a decor models. About monsters, items and characters models: Some, like Sawn - Off, are from Stalker pack. 2 of them are propably rips from other games, downloaded from Goblin Academy, but now strongly remaked by me. Girl model is half my job, half my friend's job. Some other decor models are form "Turbosquid" downloaded form Free section. Others are a old models, created by Dark Raven Team, so it means, by me too. ;D

Thank you for your comments. ;)

Last edited:
Level 4
Overall, I am a little annoyed that so many people are trying to clone my systems ideas behind me and quietly and politely ask where insert something, or writing me a PM where they ask me, why some little element is not working in conversation system (which means that the rest of the work is working) when i only showed for request a 40% of the code.

Yeep, so if there are so many genious people, I think there is no reason to upload any system's triggers.

But kanadaj is only trying to make system similar like mine, so:

- My fade filters are in tga format and they have very high quality.
Unfortunately for the quality in WC3 you have to pay, because each fade filter weigh about 6^ mb each. ;( You can use custom image size, like 1600x1200 or 1711x1311, but it must be greater than 1024x512.

After all, I developed a new way, where certain buttons and a flat background are just a models so you can use your mouse to chosse or select something.

Status
Not open for further replies.