• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requiem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Ah yea, I get it. Fade filters, interface changes, color changes, font changes and Born²Modificate's model pack make it look so different from Warcaft 3. Also that woman model is taken from other game as it's so high quality.

I wonder is it even wise to have such a high quality models for Warcraft 3?

Level 37
that's what he wants so I think its wise... and he doesn't really need to limit the quality to have a lower file size as its an SPRPG...

Well, file size can be whatever, but what about lag? If you combine hundreds of high quality models together and some advanced coding it can make the game lag. And if the map is like 255x255, wow.

Anyway, good luck with the project and don't give up.

Level 4
My computer have 5 years.

So:

- All models are low poly.
- A size of my textures used in map, are from 120 kb to 880 kb max. No more.
- Single fade filter take form 4 to 6 MB (!), because i use custom size of images like 1400x1200 in tga format. In blp. format, 1024x1024 pic looks very bad, like "blured".
- Map size is 196x196.
- Map loading take Wc3 only 15 seconds, like in the editor.
- The game has no lag.
Time of saving the game, it just a one flash of the screen.
- There were some fatal errors, but when I fixed valid models, everything is ok.
- The only thing I can complain about is the map saving time in the editor - about a minute, which is a bit cumbersome. So often I make and test systems on 32x32 maps and when I consider that they are fully operational, copy them to oryginal map.

Heh... woman model. Previous model was made by me with transfered WoW animations.
About new model: Clothing and body parts comes from the Fang from FF, which I downloaded from the Goblin Academy. I attached a different hair, earned gloves, removed the unnecessary details. I changed a lot in this model.
All textures are my work. So I can't say that the model is from different game. ;P Sorry.

I have an idea how to hide objects that are in another part of the map and are not visible at the place where is the player's Camera.

I changed size of the largest textures in map and weight dropped from 200 mb to 176 mb.

Btw. What do you think about dialog voices?

- A size of my textures used in map, are from 120 kb to 880 kb max. No more.
An average model (eg. Footman) should have a 50-80kb 256x256 texture. Some of the High-Res doodad textures you use could be compressed to 80% quality (saves a lot of space, but quality is barely reduced) and into smaller sizes.
- Single fade filter take form 4 to 6 MB (!), because i use custom size of images like 1400x1200 in tga format. In blp. format, 1024x1024 pic looks very bad, like "blured".
As long as you keep the quality in the conversion appropriate, .blps should not be blurred at all. If you convert those .tgas to .blps (and retain size and quality), you will get a massive reduction in map size.
Btw. What do you think about dialog voices?
Awesome.

Level 4
First gameplay screenshots.

gameplay.jpg gamplay2.jpg gampelay3.jpg gameplay4.jpg

Level 10
EPIC all I can say. Good luck on this great project! ;) also. . .

THIS IS LIKE A WHOLE OTHER SIDE OF WARCRAFT THAT HAS NEVER BEEN EXPLORED UNTIL NOW. >.< just can't take the excitement out of me. You actually made warcraft look nothing like warcraft. :D

Level 19
I really, really am starting love your map even before playing it.
Everything seems so... Good.
Keep it up!
I'll support you with what I can do:)

PS: You should really have a joint partnership with Fusion Engineering, they have maps that are just like yours - Awesome.

Level 19
Oh, the lion's head icon on the Crafting Screen, isn't that some national symbol for Singapore?
Heh, just asking, it looks nice still:)

This looks outstanding. It is a shame there are not more story based maps like this.

its because most people when doing RPG maps, do multiplayer RPGs, commonly known as ORPGs... and one of the main points of that is an open-ended gameplay...

and its actually harder to do story based on MP maps than on SP... especially long stories coz that could make the map go out of the map size limit...

Status
Not open for further replies.