1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Kam, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I never got a reply.

2. Michael Peppers

Michael Peppers

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I don't know what's with me and checking this thread in the summer, but I wanted to post some stuff about The Withering Kind that probably needs to be addressed.

Out of curiosity, today I opened the MPQ Kam provided in this thread and looked at the code (it's all stored in "blizzard.j" fyi). What I noticed is that said code is pretty much impossible to read due to it being vJass converted into standard JASS, so let me just say how curious players/modders should approach the mod:
    • If you just want to play it, you can stick to the map included but I'd advise you to use the SEMPQ so you can play it on any map and also look at the main menu modifications I did. It's hosted on my dropbox so it's not gonna go away anytime soon. (You may want to add it to the main post, Kam :p)
    • If you want to take out the graphical resources, the MPQ is fine but I'd suggest opening the map in-game to actually look at the credits and copy them in your project. Always credit the creators!!! (the credits are in the quest menu in case you were wondering)
    • If you want to take a look at the code for reference or play around with it, the vanilla editor should suffice as far as opening the map goes, but running the map in-editor or trying to compile it will fail, that's because it's all coded in vJass. To actually modify the map you need Vexorian's JassHelper. If you need to do that for practicing/learning the language (don't steal or re-release my code, please) your best option is to install the Jass NewGen Pack.
      EDIT: I... uh.. uhm, well, just remembered the map is protected so nevermind that last bit. This post is officially useless now.
    Well, that's about it. Happy modding everybody!!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017
  3. N'zoth

N'zoth

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Any probability of obtaining permission from that moddb project that contains armored centaur? (Might need an in depth search) and another one callee 'Warcraft' Nirvana?', perhaps it is a grunt work and bit of luck to include those two treasures for 17th and 18th.

4. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure what centaur project you mean, link?

Nirvana is a no go, I've asked the author previously.

5. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I think Nirvana is still on dev right? I doubt they will release it soon.

6. N'zoth

N'zoth

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nirvana, I saw their resource mpq which is not purely original because some were from other members works such as Frankster's Blood Elf Tank, and many others. I hope they loosen up the release permission they may give for the mpq contents are 'halfly or less' not by them. Only naga had their effort of a complete rework and idea. Perhaps they will be soon generously share it, I expect.

As for the centaur inclusion mod, it lies in moddb I am not able to search, cannot remember the name exactly, I think it is Warcraft IV / Warcraft Reborn / Armies of Azeroth , that name rolls up with those names like that. You may try to pitch a look into moddb, it still lies there more probably.a

7. N'zoth

N'zoth

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Probably. I played their mod recently. Had four races to play with and it look complete.

8. Michael Peppers

Michael Peppers

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If it's still in development it doesn't belong in this thread. IMO this is more of a place to find resources in case someone needs a coherent set of units for a project (ie: Great Troll War -> Trolls) without having to hunt down the models or requesting graphical assets. Mods still in development will never hand down their custom-made resources as they'll lose some of their bling, so to speak.
    Besides, if some of their resources are actually publicly available there's no need to ask for their permission on those ones, you could simply compile a list with links to them and you'd get the same end result. :wink:

9. stein123

stein123

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  10. Frostfaust

Frostfaust

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. Michael Peppers

Michael Peppers

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Locust: Locust - Wc3C.net
    Death Knight: Hero DeathKnight - Wc3C.net

I'm sure you can find more of them if you poke around, but the whole pack would be nice, those skellies in particular look very serviceable :D

Status update about my MPQ:

v1.27b (and v1.28 probably): everything works fine (SEMPQ doesn't work in Linux/Wine but that's expected)

v1.30.2: at least 2 icons work in-editor but crash the game, Tracking and TimeStop.
    For those of you who actually wanna play the thing make a "war3mod.mpq" folder in "Warcraft III", extract the MPQ in there, remove "UI\Framedef\Glue\MainMenu.fdf" and "UI\Framedef\Glue\ScoreScreen.fdf", replace the icons above, open blizzard.j and find and fix this... and it works (menu hotkeys are busted tho)!

Curious about the code? The code in the map is barely readable, but the whole code in blizzard.j is readable, and that's basically: v1.26c code with like 3 modified triggers, the libraries I used and my triggers, in JASSified vJass. If your custom mpq mod isn't working it's a cool place to check how that works.

EDIT: More details on fixing it

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  12. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    MICHAEL

Awexome to hear from you again. I guess you really can't kill the Undead?

13. Michael Peppers

Michael Peppers

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  14. BloodVengeance

BloodVengeance

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wanted to try Wc2 2nd generation but does not work, maybe because is not compatible with last patch? I have to install an old version for play it?

15. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The ritual is spoken

So I found the skeletons on an old junker laptop of mine along with the two Wraith based models (Ritcus). I also spoke with Whitehorn a few months back to see if anything else was lying around, and there wasn't, but these were available on his website at the time which is why I've got 'em. If anyone's interested in archiving them for the thread, give me a shout on Twitter or the like given I've evolved into profession lurker at the moment, but those two are the only ones I've got

I know the scorpion goblin mech was released, as was the orc necromancer (I dug the junker up looking for that very necromancer even) alongside others, but I can't find them on what I managed to recover, and my main Warcraft harddrive at the time broke years ago along with my ridiculous history of models

16. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will add them if you upload them somewhere.

17. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What about Project Revolution? @Kam

18. Mecheon

Mecheon

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Just whipped up a Pastebin for you, managed to fish out the goblin scorpionmech and the DK as well surprisingly

whitehorn misc recovered files | HIVE

19. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    What the ever-loving heck

20. FateGilgamesh

FateGilgamesh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Error