• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Project] Pokemon Lagacy

Do you like this project?!

• It's awesome!

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Great! but needs more ideas!

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Juster another pokemon map!...

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I hate this project, myself, and the world!...

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yeah. A good thing may be to change the icons/damages of the several different armor types.
The default armors are: Unarmored, Light, Medium, Heavy, Hero, Divine, and Fortified. That is 7 right there. And the attack types are: Normal, Piercing, Magic, Spells, Chaos, Siege, and Hero. That is another 7.
So, you could change the icons, damage percentages, etc, of those (i believe they are found in the Gameplay Constants).
I know that is not all of them, but you could save yourself a lot of time and do some of the basic types, such as:
Grass, Fire, Water, Flying, Rock, Electric, and..Psychic? It would atleast cover nearly any number of gyms. Yet, all in all, it could save you a lot of time.

I already did but it's kind of messy, doing this, you can look in the trailer at the armor of wartortle, even if i didn't adjust it to water, but he has fire armor..

Level 11
I am not sure how it is messy. It would be quite easy (in my opinion)
Would you like me try and figure it out for you? If I start doing it and it turns out easy, I'll make a quick tutorial or somethin for ya

Level 11
Okay, I will work on it real quick. I will demonstrate using all of the armor types in wc3 :)

EDIT: The instructions are below. There are no pictures because my computer would not take desktop screenshots >.< i don't know why. Anyways, I hope this is clear enough

1. Open your map
2. Go to the tabs at the bar on the top and go to 'Advanced'
3. Click on 'Gameplay Consants'
4. Check the box that says 'custom values'. Ths allows you to change the gameplay constants as you see fit
5. Scroll down to 'Combat' to view the armor attack types.
5a.By clicking on one of them, you will be able to see the % of damage a specific type does towards an enemy unit with the specified armor. For example, if you look at normal, you will notice is says .05 next to Divine, or 1.5 next to Medium. This means that normal attacks do 5% to units with divine armor and 150% damage to enemies with Medium armor. This is where you will work on your type advantages/disadvantages
6. Change the value to whatever value you want. For example, if you want electric attacks to be represented by Piercing, and water armor to be represented by heavy, then just change the value of Heavy armor for Piercing. If you want 2x effective, do 2.0. If you want 1.5x effective, do 1.5, etc etc.

That is it! I do not know how to change the armor icons or how to change the names of the armors. It seems you know how to do that though, after watching that youtube video. If you have questions, just ask me! If you want to add more armor types to compensate for all of the different Pokemon types, then contact an experienced triggerer :)

Last edited:
Level 7
Okay, I will work on it real quick. I will demonstrate using all of the armor types in wc3 :)

EDIT: The instructions are below. There are no pictures because my computer would not take desktop screenshots >.< i don't know why. Anyways, I hope this is clear enough

1. Open your map
2. Go to the tabs at the bar on the top and go to 'Advanced'
3. Click on 'Gameplay Consants'
4. Check the box that says 'custom values'. Ths allows you to change the gameplay constants as you see fit
5. Scroll down to 'Combat' to view the armor attack types.
5a.By clicking on one of them, you will be able to see the % of damage a specific type does towards an enemy unit with the specified armor. For example, if you look at normal, you will notice is says .05 next to Divine, or 1.5 next to Medium. This means that normal attacks do 5% to units with divine armor and 150% damage to enemies with Medium armor. This is where you will work on your type advantages/disadvantages
6. Change the value to whatever value you want. For example, if you want electric attacks to be represented by Piercing, and water armor to be represented by heavy, then just change the value of Heavy armor for Piercing. If you want 2x effective, do 2.0. If you want 1.5x effective, do 1.5, etc etc.

That is it! I do not know how to change the armor icons or how to change the names of the armors. It seems you know how to do that though, after watching that youtube video. If you have questions, just ask me! If you want to add more armor types to compensate for all of the different Pokemon types, then contact an experienced triggerer :)

Changing Icon and Names are Same As you say! just Search for it!

Level 11
Yeah, yours is better. Use Blindman's tutorial!
I have a question though. Do you know how he could add additional armor and attack types??

And the 'Attack Type Text' section at the bottom is messed up (the text)

Level 11
Hmmm. Hopefully there is some way to do it. I bet it can be done via triggers in New Gen WE or something.
Mr. Head of this Project will have to contact an experienced triggerer :)

dude, +rep for making that! haha

Well, Attack types and armor types are limited to 7. It's a very limited system. But there's a way. Manually adjust each spell to contain a type in it's variables. Use point values of units to create the type of the pokemon. 1=Normal 2=Fire ... 23= Dark / Flying - or however complicated you want it to be. Create a library of damage multipliers in relation to each other. It's a complicated and pedantic process, but you'll get a good system out of it.

Level 19
Maybe you could make custom attacks. Edit the point value of the unit. Designate specific integers for each type. Ex. 1- Grass, 2 - Grass/Poison. Then create a trigger which makes there be bonus attack damage. You need to get the attack damage of the unit for this.
Ugh, I repeated it again lol.

Last edited:
Level 12
Maybe you could make custom attacks. Edit the point value of the unit. Designate specific integers for each type. Ex. 1- Grass, 2 - Grass/Poison. Then create a trigger which makes there be bonus attack damage. You need to get the attack damage of the unit for this.
Ugh, I repeated it again lol.

Well i don't know how to do this, neither i realy understand what you mean if you could make a tutorial or show me ?!

EDIT: Alright i got 2 things to say 1 good thing and 1 bad thing, the good thing is i found a way to do all types of the I Generation, and i am working on them ill be finished in 1 day the whole system, the bad thing is only spell damage counts not normal attacks.

Last edited:
Level 5
Eh well in the end thats the only real way to fite in pokemon no? Only thing that would be wierd for is fighting type but i suppose ppl will make due.

Level 5
Um make it a certain level+somthing special required, like gengar who i think requires trade, have haunter require some ghost related item+level watever to evolve.

Level 9
The trade in pokemon was created so people would use the damn link cables.Dont implement it here,use lvl 36.
What did you use to make the video?

What I think he meant by point value:

You know about point value right?it can be modified in the object editor.
He says that maybe it can be used to give a realistic effect of types attacking.
So when a unit attacks its point value is found out and depending on that the damage is calculated.

for example
1-Fire
2-Ground

A Ground/fire pokemon would have point value 120(Cuz there are 16 types,so 12 would be taken.)

can you explain how attacks will be learnt in this one?and will there be attack and special attack?

Last edited:
Level 12
The trade in pokemon was created so people would use the damn link cables.Dont implement it here,use lvl 36.
What did you use to make the video?

What I think he meant by point value:

You know about point value right?it can be modified in the object editor.
He says that maybe it can be used to give a realistic effect of types attacking.
So when a unit attacks its point value is found out and depending on that the damage is calculated.

for example
1-Fire
2-Ground

A Ground/fire pokemon would have point value 120(Cuz there are 16 types,so 12 would be taken.)

can you explain how attacks will be learnt in this one?and will there be attack and special attack?

Well moves will be learned with level, and can be deleted for other moves, there will be special attacks aswell..

Level 12
so any updates on this map? how mutch left is there until the beta map?

UPDATES
Alright after i took a "break" to concentrate on my studies, I am trying to finish this as fast as possible but there is so much stuff to do not make but just simply do, like editting all spell that spawned pokemon will own, also creating triggers for "quest", but I think step by step we should be finished withing some time... I will keep adding my progress so you guys can see it for yourself, so please be patient..

-Added new spells:
Sunny Day
Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Aqua Jet(readded)

-New Terrain
Musuem
Team Rocket Base
Our Starting Room!
Mew's Laboratory

-New Pokemon's
Hitmonchan