• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Project] Pokemon Lagacy

Do you like this project?!

• It's awesome!

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Great! but needs more ideas!

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Juster another pokemon map!...

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I hate this project, myself, and the world!...

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Just multiply the old rooms use CnP because 1 rooms in 5 beds sounds gay.
Btw, fatest reply :) What do you do? Wait a few seconds then refresh?

I get an e-mail when someone replies =D.. well anyways as i told you there is no space for 5 rooms :/.. and i had to do 10 rooms because there are 10 players .. i already have 2 rooms with 5 beds.. so anyways the starting room isn't so important because you just go there once =D

Level 4
I've always loved Pokemon ever since I was a child and was hoping they could release a real-time based one instead of a turn-based one, and you sir, did it.

I saw the trailer and I must say, GREAT JOB! Keep it up.

Though I do have some questions...

• What if you catch a pokemon and you already have 6 in your rooster. Will you follow the original pokemon where you could only have a maximum of 6 pokemon on your rooster? Is there a place where the newly catched pokemon be transported to?

• Is the "Elemental Differences" system here? Where a pokemon has weakness and resistance to certain elements? Coz I don't know much about the WC3 World Editor and was wondering if these things are codable.

• What if a pokemon has many evolutions (Eevee for example), how will he normally evolve? Do you have the Fire/Water/Thunder Stones implemented? There is also the Day/Night differences between Espeon & Umbra, and the Terrain Differences of Leafeon & Glaceon. I think Eevee would be a great addition but I also think that his evolutions makes things very complicated.

• How do you gain gold? By killing wild pokemon, I presume. But by how much?

Anyway. Again, GREAT JOB!

Level 12
I've always loved Pokemon ever since I was a child and was hoping they could release a real-time based one instead of a turn-based one, and you sir, did it.

I saw the trailer and I must say, GREAT JOB! Keep it up.

Though I do have some questions...

• What if you catch a pokemon and you already have 6 in your rooster. Will you follow the original pokemon where you could only have a maximum of 6 pokemon on your rooster? Is there a place where the newly catched pokemon be transported to?

• Is the "Elemental Differences" system here? Where a pokemon has weakness and resistance to certain elements? Coz I don't know much about the WC3 World Editor and was wondering if these things are codable.

• What if a pokemon has many evolutions (Eevee for example), how will he normally evolve? Do you have the Fire/Water/Thunder Stones implemented? There is also the Day/Night differences between Espeon & Umbra, and the Terrain Differences of Leafeon & Glaceon. I think Eevee would be a great addition but I also think that his evolutions makes things very complicated.

• How do you gain gold? By killing wild pokemon, I presume. But by how much?

Anyway. Again, GREAT JOB!

Wow great post I have to say =)... so first of all let me answer your questions..

1.Yeah that's a problem well you can only carry 6 pokemons, if you want to cath a 7th pokemon, the game tells you that you cannot due to your full inventory, and sadly the pokemon won't be transported to your PC, maybe in further versions (But it's do able, I throught about it myself too).

2.Yes there are all types of Generation I, as well as weaknesses and resistences to any types.

3.Yes Eevee will normally evolve in corrispondence to a stone, day & night or terrain differences.

4.You gain gold by killing pokemon like you said, by winning a Gym Challange, and you gain more gold by killing player owned pokemon than hostile owned.

Level 3
Amazing, I must say I'm really waiting for this game, great job! Hope it will get finished soon, but still have some questions.

Few Questions:

*1.Ability Power: Do abilities will get improved by pokemon going stronger? [I'm not talking about getting level 2 or 3 of skill, I'm talking about spell dealing damage based on pokemon statistic or type(STAB Bonus)]

*2.Pokemon Holding Items: Will you make 1 slot for monster's, so they can carry berries, or some buffing stats/skills item, and if so, maybe give wild pokemon chance to spawn with berry or other rare items.

Example:
Pikachu have 75% chance to spawn with nothink, 20% chance to spawn with berry,5% chance to spawn with Light Ball.(You need Light Ball in game, so people don't need to evolve Pikachu in Raichu and still have powerful pokemon :p)

*3.Most Important:I heard that your not going implement save/load system, but think about it again, I know that this can create imbalances, like low level players playing with high levels, but for sure it will increase game survivability, and this type of problems can be easier fixed then what can happen on the other hand.

Let's calculate:
This will be probably big game. So it will take players 4-8 hours to finish(Or it will in the future updates), just like another game "World of Warcraft:Reanimated" - this game take very long to finish and its open world like pokemons.

Automatically its not game for casuals players and it's taking you whole free time to play, why?

--->Its not well known, aka not enough people to play with--->Have to wait long time for players--->Long gameplay, that you can't save--->People get bored after few times, aka not enough people to play with--->Have to wait long time for players--->...

Other problem is that there are many, that just like to abuse or are not communicative at all, making your game fail, also because there's always somebody leaving at start, after 10 min, 30 min,60 min, 120 min(public game) of this game type. That's just the rule. And usually you don't even have time for one 3-4 hours game, not speaking about 6 hours.

After many failed games people just give up, so like "WoW:Reanimated" It will turn to be low played very good game, or just game that you play with few of your friends once-two a month.

[Other Game Info:There's also other pokemon game(Not sure about name, it was like "Pokemon Diamond" or something) that have timer 30,60,120 min to end of game and big battle, without save, its exactly same type of game as i mention before.. Good, not played often game, I play it every 1-2 month, see it rarely on battle.net.]

I don't want to say your's game will be bad, I'm really waiting for it, its actually my first post since few months, just want to warn you before you create it. This are only my personal thoughts and what i learned during my 6 year experience with Warcraft. Whatever you will chose, I'm sure it will be great game, good luck!

P.S Also, if your beta tester list is not full yet, it would be my pleasure if I could participate in it! :wink:

Last edited:
Level 12
Amazing, I must say I'm really waiting for this game, great job! Hope it will get finished soon, but still have some questions.

Few Questions:

*1.Ability Power: Do abilities will get improved by pokemon going stronger? [I'm not talking about getting level 2 or 3 of skill, I'm talking about spell dealing damage based on pokemon statistic or type(STAB Bonus)]

*2.Pokemon Holding Items: Will you make 1 slot for monster's, so they can carry berries, or some buffing stats/skills item, and if so, maybe give wild pokemon chance to spawn with berry or other rare items.

Example:
Pikachu have 75% chance to spawn with nothink, 20% chance to spawn with berry,5% chance to spawn with Light Ball.(You need Light Ball in game, so people don't need to evolve Pikachu in Raichu and still have powerful pokemon :p)

*3.Most Important:I heard that your not going implement save/load system, but think about it again, I know that this can create imbalances, like low level players playing with high levels, but for sure it will increase game survivability, and this type of problems can be easier fixed then what can happen on the other hand.

Let's calculate:
This will be probably big game. So it will take players 4-8 hours to finish(Or it will in the future updates), just like another game "World of Warcraft:Reanimated" - this game take very long to finish and its open world like pokemons.

Automatically its not game for casuals players and it's taking you whole free time to play, why?

--->Its not well known, aka not enough people to play with--->Have to wait long time for players--->Long gameplay, that you can't save--->People get bored after few times, aka not enough people to play with--->Have to wait long time for players--->...

Other problem is that there are many, that just like to abuse or are not communicative at all, making your game fail, also because there's always somebody leaving at start, after 10 min, 30 min,60 min, 120 min(public game) of this game type. That's just the rule. And usually you don't even have time for one 3-4 hours game, not speaking about 6 hours.

After many failed games people just give up, so like "WoW:Reanimated" It will turn to be low played very good game, or just game that you play with few of your friends once-two a month.

[Other Game Info:There's also other pokemon game(Not sure about name, it was like "Pokemon Diamond" or something) that have timer 30,60,120 min to end of game and big battle, without save, its exactly same type of game as i mention before.. Good, not played often game, I play it every 1-2 month, see it rarely on battle.net.]

I don't want to say your's game will be bad, I'm really waiting for it, its actually my first post since few months, just want to warn you before you create it. This are only my personal thoughts and what i learned during my 6 year experience with Warcraft. Whatever you will chose, I'm sure it will be great game, good luck!

P.S Also, if your beta tester list is not full yet, it would be my pleasure if I could participate in it! :wink:

Wow, alright i'm now again in charge of the game since i had a lot to do with school etc. Alright im gonna answer your questions, first yes the spells get stronger by pokemons getting stronger with their stats (INT, STR, AGI). You can find powerups too in the game (Proteins, Calzium etc.).

Second, pokemons won't be holdings items, just stones maybe or berries, but the trainer has 3 types of bags (Pokemon bag, Item bag, Medal bag)

As for the save/load i will try to do it without it, because i made the system so that your pokemon gets level faster than normal, like the more you go up the easier you get level ups, also it won't get boring because there are over 100 pokemons to choose from and 90 abillities to change, so each game will be a challange for every player to get the best combination of pokemons =)

Level 6
One question:
Will Gen 5 Pokemons be here? If not, until what generation?

Yeah, i was planning to ask that, cuz you might end up with toooooooo many pokemon(Currently has about 500+ pokemon @@) so i suggest using only Gen 1. Come on, who hates pikachu??

Well, i do.....My geodude pwn him...:ogre_hurrhurr::ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 6
  • Evolution
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 16
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mountain King
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Paladin using The old unit's life and mana
      • Hero - Set (Last replaced unit) Hero-level to 16, Hide level-up graphics
A tedious but simple system that would work although would have to have something in case the person decided to cancel the evolution and an array in there to handle multiple evolutions at once but you get the idea

Level 12
  • Evolution
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 16
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Mountain King
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (Triggering unit) with a Paladin using The old unit's life and mana
      • Hero - Set (Last replaced unit) Hero-level to 16, Hide level-up graphics
A tedious but simple system that would work although would have to have something in case the person decided to cancel the evolution and an array in there to handle multiple evolutions at once but you get the idea

It's not as simple as that =D... my system worked perfectly but the forget/lan skills, had a problem so i let them remake by another triggerer but the evolution system doesn't save thos eskills when evolving, and anyways when evolving you need to save the stats, skills etc. not just the level.

Level 12
Breaking news!

Alright guys, I or better said a triggerer solved the problem and the system now works perfectly, saves str,skills, and adds,forgets abillities, without leaks, it's a flawless trigger. now i will just have to set everything like when a pokemon learns an abillity and make some abilltities as well as do the final system and it's the end system, when the tournament starts that decides the winner:thumbs_up:.And i decided for the beta version to do less spells than promised (10 spells for each types was promised but i will just do 6 for each now) wich I will add later on to release the map as fast as possbile, alright anyone got any more questions?!:thumbs_up:

Level 1
I would like to ask one question...two actually:

Are there skins for all the pokemons or are there just certain pokemons that have skins?

Does every pokemon have their own unique spells or will every pokemon of the same type/attribute have the same spells? Such as Squirtle: Has bubble beam. All other water pokemons: Also bubble beam. Like that? Would be awesome if every pokemon (almost) has their own, unique, abilities.

Thank you for making this map^^

Shame that you aren't able to finish bleach tribute :p If I could learn how to create my own maps etc maybe I could assist you...haha. Though I doubt that's possible.

Level 12
I would like to ask one question...two actually:

Are there skins for all the pokemons or are there just certain pokemons that have skins?

Does every pokemon have their own unique spells or will every pokemon of the same type/attribute have the same spells? Such as Squirtle: Has bubble beam. All other water pokemons: Also bubble beam. Like that? Would be awesome if every pokemon (almost) has their own, unique, abilities.

Thank you for making this map^^

Shame that you aren't able to finish bleach tribute :p If I could learn how to create my own maps etc maybe I could assist you...haha. Though I doubt that's possible.

Alright I think I said this before but, I will tell you, each pokemon can learn his own skills, like when he levels up he will be asked if he wants to learn/forget a skill, also there are TM's wich you can buy and use on your pokemon, this map has a unique skill/evolution system, it's not like Pokemon World or any other map wich has fixed skills. :thumbs_up:. About Unique spells I think maybe just legendaries have rare abillities but you can still forget them =)

Level 1
Ah yes...one more question: If I'd like to apply as a beta tester...is there anything I should have knowledge of? Should I point out things that could be good to add etc?

As far as I know being a beta tester means that you: Try out different species and their spells to check the balance. Try to find as many bugs as possible and investigate as to why the bug happens. I am to give ideas, support and criticize if needed (i think).

Is there anything wrong so far? So...while I am not knowledgeable in how a map works or how to even make one...I figured I might as well take a shot at being a beta tester^^

I know...I am not active at the forums but I plan to get more active as from now on.

Level 12
Pretty nice work there!

Thanks, was hard to get everything done and fixed without leaks/bugs.

Ah yes...one more question: If I'd like to apply as a beta tester...is there anything I should have knowledge of? Should I point out things that could be good to add etc?

As far as I know being a beta tester means that you: Try out different species and their spells to check the balance. Try to find as many bugs as possible and investigate as to why the bug happens. I am to give ideas, support and criticize if needed (i think).

Is there anything wrong so far? So...while I am not knowledgeable in how a map works or how to even make one...I figured I might as well take a shot at being a beta tester^^

I know...I am not active at the forums but I plan to get more active as from now on.

Yes, beta testers have the duty to find as many bugs/mistakes as possible you can even give your opinion to improve something, but it won't be done because you said so, I will then think of your opinion and see if i can do that, everyone can be a beta tester but I will announce the date later on, right now the things i have to finish to release the beta are:

Visible System (to see parts of the map when you walk into them/ or just see the whole map (except some parts))

Creep Spawn System (Spawn Pokemons)

and finish the skill board, wich will take some days, because I have to set every trigger and it's easy but it takes a lot of time. I have currently skills for 28-32 pokemons, wich is 1/3 of the pokemons available.
(all spells are already done except 2-3)

EDIT: Finished the skill system, now each pokemon has his own skill line.

EDIT2: Finished TM's 15 total.

Last edited:
Level 1
Thanks, was hard to get everything done and fixed without leaks/bugs.

Yes, beta testers have the duty to find as many bugs/mistakes as possible you can even give your opinion to improve something, but it won't be done because you said so, I will then think of your opinion and see if i can do that, everyone can be a beta tester but I will announce the date later on, right now the things i have to finish to release the beta are:

Visible System (to see parts of the map when you walk into them/ or just see the whole map (except some parts))

Creep Spawn System (Spawn Pokemons)

and finish the skill board, wich will take some days, because I have to set every trigger and it's easy but it takes a lot of time. I have currently skills for 28-32 pokemons, wich is 1/3 of the pokemons available.
(all spells are already done except 2-3)

EDIT: Finished the skill system, now each pokemon has his own skill line.

EDIT2: Finished TM's 15 total.

So, while it seems your map is available for download, I can't start it :O Did I do something wrong in the process or is it just unavailable for the public?

Level 12
So, while it seems your map is available for download, I can't start it :O Did I do something wrong in the process or is it just unavailable for the public?

The map isn't released yet, will be released just next week i think, you say you got the map already?!

EDIT: Whoop! Fixed the Tm's, they work now, and thanks to -kobas- I got the spawn system ready too, release will be in some of these weeks.

Last edited:
Level 1
estou acompanhando seu dsenvolvimento desde o inicio desejo q vc termine bem e confiante aguardo mtmtmtmt anciosamente seu mapa pois sou um grande pokefã pode se dizer até maniaco mais contanto o que parece é que seu mapa esta vindo para mudar o conceito de mapas mal feitos de pokemon e repito anciosamente aguardo o lançamento de seu mapa ....

Level 1
I am following its development from the beginning, and I want you to finish well and with confidence and look forward, I look very very very very forward to your map because I'm a big pokefan can say that I am a pokemon maniac , 1st impression is that your map is coming to change the concept that maps pokemon are poorly made​​, and look forward to repeating that the launch of the map ....

Level 12
I am following its development from the beginning, and I want you to finish well and with confidence and look forward, I look very very very very forward to your map because I'm a big pokefan can say that I am a pokemon maniac , 1st impression is that your map is coming to change the concept that maps pokemon are poorly made​​, and look forward to repeating that the launch of the map ....

I appriciate your comment but still, you shouldn't double post, just edit it, or some admins will be angry at you for doing so =), but yes i will finish this map and i just need to fix some small issues and set some things and then everything is done, i don't need to make big things now =). thing im gonna release soon.

Level 20
this project looks good, subscribed;)

suggestions:
why not add a turn based battle system? that's what i liked from pokemon the most;D
and the "engage battle" system that when you enter grass you have a chance to find a pokemon and battle it, aswell as the system that a trainer is somewhere wondering and if you walk near him and you are in front of him an exclamation mark(!) appears above him and he starts running towards you and challenges you into battle.

Those ideas are from Pokemon Emerald version which i use to play on Gameboy Advance and it was the one that had Groudon. Rayquaza and Kyogre.
0.jpg

pokemon-emerald_215487.jpg

Pokemon_-_Groudon.jpg

ahh the good old times:)

Level 12
this project looks good, subscribed;)

suggestions:
why not add a turn based battle system? that's what i liked from pokemon the most;D
and the "engage battle" system that when you enter grass you have a chance to find a pokemon and battle it, aswell as the system that a trainer is somewhere wondering and if you walk near him and you are in front of him an exclamation mark(!) appears above him and he starts running towards you and challenges you into battle.

Those ideas are from Pokemon Emerald version which i use to play on Gameboy Advance and it was the one that had Groudon. Rayquaza and Kyogre.
0.jpg

pokemon-emerald_215487.jpg

Pokemon_-_Groudon.jpg

ahh the good old times:)

Yea we already had this discussion, and it won't have a turn based system because it would be rather lame, this game conectrated on skill, how to use and when to use the abillities, also i thought about the challange trainer thing too maybe i will add that in incoming versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.