• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Project] Pokemon Lagacy

Do you like this project?!

• It's awesome!

Votes: 36 48.6%
  • Great! but needs more ideas!

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Juster another pokemon map!...

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • I hate this project, myself, and the world!...

Votes: 6 8.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
This looks like a really cool project! I look forward to it

-off topic-
Blindman: I am listening to 'Never Forget You' by Lupe Fiasco, and your signature's heads are moving to the beat perfectly, haha

Level 12
Level 12
UPDATE:

Market (near the stadium):

101233d1303584614-project-pokemon-lagacy-market-1.jpg

101234d1303584630-project-pokemon-lagacy-market-2.jpg

Electric Power Central:

101235d1303584642-project-pokemon-lagacy-electricengine.jpg

Attachments

• Market 1.JPG
    Market 1.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 2,734
  • Market 2.JPG
    Market 2.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 174
  • ElectricEngine.JPG
    ElectricEngine.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 2,691
Level 11
dont remove the markets, I would usggest just add villagers.
And also, Zapdos is 5 feet tall, from head to tail. So, eh, I'd say that place is big enough for Zapdos

Level 5
Is the building connected to those factory things the power plant or are those factory things the power plant? if its the building they're connected to then its tall enough, if its them then they shud be taller(doesnt make sense for a powerplant to be smaller than a house).

Level 12
Is the building connected to those factory things the power plant or are those factory things the power plant? if its the building they're connected to then its tall enough, if its them then they shud be taller(doesnt make sense for a powerplant to be smaller than a house).

Well it's just a game =D, you take everything so seriously, and for the market: it's just the buildings for now units come later, and about zapdos i think he fits in there, i will make it bigger just in case but the power plant ( or whatevr you want to call it =D) is just a dodoad when you enter you will be teleported to another place thats much bigger !... and those two factories + the grey building is part of the power plant, there is a secret to the grey building I will tell you just once because its you =D, when you enter the powerplant a man will tell you that the lights were turned off by someone so it's all dark in there and it's hard to find the way but if you enter the grey building and switch off a trigger the lights will be turned up !! =)

Level 12
Yeah for secrets!
For places maybe add exclusive places like event ones and you can only get there by having an item, which you dont need to download, but just accomplish something. Like beat the elite 4.

Yea I already had something in mind with palkia and dialga!

between here is the picture to show you how big it is !

101254d1303644455-project-pokemon-lagacy-zapdos.jpg

Attachments

• Zapdos.JPG
    Zapdos.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Level 19
Dont see much difference. Maybe for dialga and palkia, you need to accomplish something, maybe defeat elite 4 a number of times or maybe defeat elite four without using any potions (revives can be.) Then when you go somewhere, maybe a ruin maniac runs and drops 2 keys and when he drops one, (depends on maybe a factor like maybe an item obtained when picking something from someone.) its gets destroyed. Then he gets furious and blames you. He challanges you to a battle after. His pokemons are maybe around lvl50 - 70. When you beat him, he just rushes off. Then you pick up the key. After that, in one city, maybe the one with a museum, when you talk to someone, they fix it. Then after that when you go to a cave which is closed by a key, you can enter it now. When you are about to battle dialga or palkia, you battle the ruin maniac again.

Maybe for this event, maybe make the cave with dialga, palkia and giratina. Their apperances depends on your starter.
Maybe like this:
Water - Palkia
Fire - Giratina
Grass - Dialga

Level 12
Dont see much difference. Maybe for dialga and palkia, you need to accomplish something, maybe defeat elite 4 a number of times or maybe defeat elite four without using any potions (revives can be.) Then when you go somewhere, maybe a ruin maniac runs and drops 2 keys and when he drops one, (depends on maybe a factor like maybe an item obtained when picking something from someone.) its gets destroyed. Then he gets furious and blames you. He challanges you to a battle after. His pokemons are maybe around lvl50 - 70. When you beat him, he just rushes off. Then you pick up the key. After that, in one city, maybe the one with a museum, when you talk to someone, they fix it. Then after that when you go to a cave which is closed by a key, you can enter it now. When you are about to battle dialga or palkia, you battle the ruin maniac again.

Maybe for this event, maybe make the cave with dialga, palkia and giratina. Their apperances depends on your starter.
Maybe like this:
Water - Palkia
Fire - Giratina
Grass - Dialga

Forget the pics, the old one was replaced by the new pic so both were new -.-.. well WOW first of all you got a big immagination =D, i will use some of this but it's hard to do this with the triggers you know, maybe in other version, the first thing for now is releasing the map updates come after..

Level 12
Well thank you. I tend to imagine a lot but never make those stuff so they're just stored.
For the dialga and palkia, maybe just do the starter method.

Yea you say it so easily =D, but you have to change every trigger if i would make it this way, my idea of how to catch a legendary is like with items

FOR EXAMPLE:

How to catch Mew:

There are three rare items:

Mew's Toy: Doll:
Gives 30% chance to lock him out.

Mew's Toy: Ball:
Gives 50% chance to lock him out.

Mew's Toy: Diamond:
Gives 80% chance to lock him out.

Now if you find one of this items (You can find them in Trash Containers, In the ground (use shovel) ecc.) You go to the Power Plant and behind it there must be some containers, one of them is open, put the item in the circle, and see what happens !!

FINALLY: As you can see it's hard to catch a legendary even with the exact items there is still a chance that it won't work, but the good thing is legendaries are same to catch as normal pokemons i mean the catch system, but they are realy strong so it could be very difficult!

Level 19
Well flee at first sight is ugly but there are various techniques there. Like have a golbat or a pokemon with mean look thats really fast of have a trapinch with arena trap or if youre lazy use a master ball. But to see that pokemon, simply use a max repel, make sure that youre in an area with weak pokemon, then run around and also make sure that the first pokemon in your team is below the level of the legend. I easily caught tornadurus in black using this way.

Level 5
Yes but implimenting such a thing ingame wud be living hell for whoevers doing triggers, therfore making it so pokemon runs at first sight wud be torture for whoever is hunting the pokemon.

Level 12
Yep, its hard for triggers.
@Nightbrowler, what kind of battle system are you using? Warcraft style or turn based?

Wc3 of course, I will release a Trailer so you can see how it is!..

Interesting. Are you getting custom models for all of your Pokemon??

Well 95% of them have models.

About the flee thing, i think it's harder to get the items/chances that the legendary comes out then actually catching it ^^

Level 11
Woww!!!! That preview video made the game seem so cool! I cant wait for it to be available for play!!
I noticed one thing....: Squirtle has fire armor >.< haha
But the gameplay, spell mechanics, etc, seen very very cool! I loved it so much'

+rep for sure!

EDIT: Oh, and, are the abilities such as Water Gun and Bubble super effective against pokemon with armor such as Rock?

Level 12
Woww!!!! That preview video made the game seem so cool! I cant wait for it to be available for play!!
I noticed one thing....: Squirtle has fire armor >.< haha
But the gameplay, spell mechanics, etc, seen very very cool! I loved it so much'

+rep for sure!

EDIT: Oh, and, are the abilities such as Water Gun and Bubble super effective against pokemon with armor such as Rock?

See the description ont he vid^^.. it tells people that i yet need to work on the armors so don't care about them also i changed the sfx blood that appears when a bubble hit..

Level 11
Oooh, gotcha, sorry!
By the way, are you going to feature all of the different types? So youll have water, fire, steel, rock, flying, dark, fighting, etc etc?

Level 12
For now just the basics i assume?

Sadly for now there won't be type differences well there will be but the damage will be the same for everyone, just each type has more powerfull or better spells, it's a bit strange to hear this i know but it takes a lot of time to do modify all spells to types, i will do it later, after the release but i will definitly do it.:thumbs_up:

Level 11
You should do it before the main release. Without the types implemented, people will not like it. It will be an immediate turn-off. In addition, unfinished versions (those without the types) will plague and populate B-Net.
I know it is a lot of work, I am working on a project myself. Maybe have a good trigger join with you? That way they can work on that while you work on other aspects (or even take a break! a break is healthy)

Level 19
The types of the gym leaders should be a must. Or maybe just change the armor type of that type of pokemon to something and the attack type of the type its weak against to the type of atack which deals extra damage.
EDIT:
Checked the trailer. The portrait of Prof. Rokwan was nothing and his arms were always raised i think that needs to be fixed.

Last edited:
Level 12
The types of the gym leaders should be a must. Or maybe just change the armor type of that type of pokemon to something and the attack type of the type its weak against to the type of atack which deals extra damage.
EDIT:
Checked the trailer. The portrait of Prof. Rokwan was nothing and his arms were always raised i think that needs to be fixed.

Yea he has no animations yet...

Level 11
Yeah. A good thing may be to change the icons/damages of the several different armor types.
The default armors are: Unarmored, Light, Medium, Heavy, Hero, Divine, and Fortified. That is 7 right there. And the attack types are: Normal, Piercing, Magic, Spells, Chaos, Siege, and Hero. That is another 7.
So, you could change the icons, damage percentages, etc, of those (i believe they are found in the Gameplay Constants).
I know that is not all of them, but you could save yourself a lot of time and do some of the basic types, such as:
Grass, Fire, Water, Flying, Rock, Electric, and..Psychic? It would atleast cover nearly any number of gyms. Yet, all in all, it could save you a lot of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.