• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post Your Current Desktop

Level 35
I had seasonal backgrounds for my laptop. Now I use a few different backgrounds for different devices.

The first is my main PC background currently. In celebration of the Hobbit.
Second is my phones background. Used to use it for PC.
Third is my spare PC I keep at my friends house.
Fourth is my laptops background. It's coloring is better on the laptop though.

Nice, I like the simplicity of the Hobbit one and the Serra Angel screen. Makes me wonder how many actually uses the same screen for all their comps (I don't).

I have about 50 collected for winter and 100+ for every other season respectively.

Okay, respect - that was not what I expected, but nice - gives you plenty of space for whatever image you like it sounds like. Though I guess you must keep fairly clean setup and do you also adjust menu colors and such to fit it?

Level 35
I try to keep it transparent to a degree so it fits automatically.
The only thing I change once in a while is the dock to the left side.
But yea, I guess I became more clean concerning my desktop - compared to this one, as of 20th April 2009.

Nice, was expecting something way worse by the way you wrote it. This is medium crowded, but the color is fitting all the way. And I like the color red :wgrin:

Btw: I also like how you censored 3 things on it. :wwink:

Usa!

Attachments

• 1352865125157.jpg
    1352865125157.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 142
Level 35
Actually you also have to disable the hide protected system files option in order to see those initiation files :thumbs_up:

Really??, I so had no idea of that fact :grin: Nah joking aside, making sure hidden files are not hidden is in my eyes only a good thing - only annoyance for me is being able to see the temp word bak file :smile: I edited quite a bit of windows files to get the perfect desktop background I preferred, such as hacking the small arrow that appears on icons to have a form and color of my liking instead.

Level 8
Really??, I so had no idea of that fact :grin:

I expect everyone, I talk to, on the internet to be: male, between 12 and 30 y.o., and a complete moron :grin:

I edited quite a bit of windows files to get the perfect desktop background I preferred, such as hacking the small arrow that appears on icons to have a form and color of my liking instead.

I prefer to use custom hotkeys for my most used folders and programs, I hate all those shortcuts piling up.

Level 35
I prefer to use custom hotkeys for my most used folders and programs, I hate all those shortcuts piling up.

I customized the entire setup - You can see my picture of it in this post here in the thread with this
118628d1350446433-post-your-current-desktop-redbaronscreen.png

The game short-cuts are only there for the games I currently play and removed after. :smile: But yea, I also prefer not to have a crowded desktop.

Level 35
Neat!
I'd never put a creeperface on my desk tho' :D Last time a game mildly scared me were back when I met the Butcher in D1 at age 9.
Then came minecraft, the creepers got me screaming like a little girl... :grin:

Yea - Thats my biggest trouble with minecraft - Those damn scary monsters - Though it could be much worse - I could have this as my desktop background:
creeper_wallpaper__by_insert31990-d31md82.png

Level 5
This is my main computer's desktop. I like having my desktop nice and clean, unfortunately that is not the case for my second computer.

vkqvWp0.jpg

Level 34
This is my main computer's desktop. I like having my desktop nice and clean, unfortunately that is not the case for my second computer.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that has a clean Desktop. Although that trash can is firing up my OCD.

Level 5
I like being reminded if things are actually in my recycle bin since that is my work computer and stuff gets moved all over the place. Otherwise that probably wouldn't be there either.

Level 35
I like being reminded if things are actually in my recycle bin since that is my work computer and stuff gets moved all over the place. Otherwise that probably wouldn't be there either.

Get rocketdock and place the bin there - or hack the icon to make it fit the background hence only show when full :wink: Thats what I would do.

Level 5
I've never liked the idea of docks too much in all honesty. As for hiding it when empty that is a decent point but I am never on my desktop in general on that comp other than when I am organizing files.

Level 35
I've never liked the idea of docks too much in all honesty. As for hiding it when empty that is a decent point but I am never on my desktop in general on that comp other than when I am organizing files.

I like docks, but only when they work to my satisfaction and when I have modified them to fit my desktop theme, without standing out.

Level 8
I love the Win7 dock, and I like to keep all tray icons visible. I also like Yuri, and have no issues with a cluttered desktop:

Attachments

• Laptop_Desktop.png
    Laptop_Desktop.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 218
Level 19
I would agree if it was a picture of an ugly human :grin:
I never have ugly lass's stay at me with their eyes, only out clubbing ;).

It's too awkward to see someone staring at you every time you go to desktop.
I don't mind it, i'm used to woman staying at me with their beautiful eyes ;)

Though my usual desktop wallpaper is a lot more revealing then this one, i had to change it too another one so it's suitable for youths.

:thumbs_up: