• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Post Your Current Desktop

Level 34
Damnit people, use the attach function. Using hidden tags sucks. Also your desktops are too cluttered.

May have posted this before. /meh
Gonna look for a new background; had this one for a while now.

Attachments

• desk.png
    desk.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 95
Level 22
I prefer the hidden tags, since viewing attachments take at least 30 seconds to load the picture for me. I have a slow connection.

Level 2
It may be a little boring. It may also be messy =P.

That D3 desktop somewhere above me is awesome btw. I'll probably look into that.

Attachments

• desktop3.png
    desktop3.png
    579.3 KB · Views: 185
Level 35

That D3 desktop somewhere above me is awesome btw. I'll probably look into that.

Holy shit, I would go insane if I had to look at that for more than 2 minutes, and you use it apparently every day? :eekani: Please consider rocketdock, filing systems or invisible desktop area (whatever the programs name is), would make a world of different - also just to increase the speed a which you could find the program or file you need.

Level 16

Holy shit, I would go insane if I had to look at that for more than 2 minutes, and you use it apparently every day? :eekani: Please consider rocketdock, filing systems or invisible desktop area (whatever the programs name is), would make a world of different - also just to increase the speed a which you could find the program or file you need.

Holy Lol 0.O

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

4q1JsmV.jpg

Harley Quinn is animated (rotates 360 degrees in continuous loop) with DreamScene. But I have to change it, she's too "lubricious", for stalker parents and sister that is. I think she's overdressed, must be feeling quite warm :/

Level 35
Harley Quinn is animated (rotates 360 degrees in continuous loop) with DreamScene. But I have to change it, she's too "lubricious", for stalker parents and sister that is. I think she's overdressed, must be feeling quite warm :/

Why? She is fully dressed and standing still? And she is a game character + in the game itself she would be far worse than this still model shot.

I like the notion of it though, even if it in my eyes is too much juice spent on eyecandy. :grin:

Last edited:
Level 34
Using a Windows 7 'glass' theme called Bello. You can get it here if interested: http://kiko11.deviantart.com/art/Bello-346067953

And here's my latest. Bit more cluttered than I'd like (which is to say, not at all), but that's what happens in the busy season.
Whatup brad-man?! Is that your own picture? You guys got snow yet? Sadly we will probably have an ugly wet winter.

I like the windows theme. Got any other theme recommendations? I'm outa questions. For now.

Level 36
Whatup brad-man?! Is that your own picture? You guys got snow yet? Sadly we will probably have an ugly wet winter.

I like the windows theme. Got any other theme recommendations? I'm outa questions. For now.

Sup Gilles! Sadly not my own. But someday soon ;) We've got snow! It started yesterday in the middle of the night and ended this morning with a solid 8 - 10 CM, I'd say. I think it's all gonna melt by the weekend, but it's got me in the winter spirit anyway. Our last few have been too mild, so I'm hoping for a brutal one this year.

I do have some other recs! Shine 2.0 http://zainadeel.deviantart.com/art/Shine-2-0-for-Windows-7-172671190 and Appows 2010 http://neiio.deviantart.com/art/APPOWS2010-157033415 both interest me.

Also my start orb is another custom job http://kiko11.deviantart.com/art/Blut-325872164.

Roland

R

Roland

Got bored, So I decided to show off mines.
Actually the laptop is not mine tho, It's from my Aunt.

3ib7.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
I have CRT.

122581-albums6790-picture76610.png

Poor boi. Hyuk!

EDIT:
If that is your real one, then yea its damn boring. But I guess you do save power at least.
Yeah, it is my real desktop, my wallpaper is a 1x1 px black jpeg image. I'm not doing it to save power though, I just like it that way.

Level 35

True that, I made the assumption he didn't have a newer display given the problems with running the site, hence lowest graphic settings - but a generalization is incorrect. Also thanks for the link, as even though I knew it only applied to some monitors, I weren't aware that white could actually be superior in some cases - though the end argument seems to support the blackle notion.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Wow, that is nice :) What kind of equipment you use to get that kind of resolution?

I don't care about my screen size (22"), but how smooth it runs and how well I can work on it. Found out that bigger screens than 22" are harder to work with, especially when doing programming. Same for smaller screens. Also it's perfect for movies and resolution.

I wouldn't buy a screen that is stopping me from being productive.

Level 14
I wouldn't buy a screen that is stopping me from being productive.

Being able to fit two full sized windows in the same display is hardly limiting my productiveness :ogre_hurrhurr:

http://puu.sh/61haE.jpg

More pixels: more space to work with, I can't see the issue.

Wow, that is nice :) What kind of equipment you use to get that kind of resolution?

I actually just sold my graphics card, so this is coming from the integrated GPU.
Intel HD 4000 can do 2560x1440 resolution via DisplayPort. The monitor is Dell U2713HM.

And here's the wallpaper if anyone wants it:
http://i.imgur.com/6CZHi4h.jpg

Level 14
Yeah, Dell and other well known WQHD monitors are pretty expensive, but then there are Korean manufacturers that make monitors from panels that didn't pass the brand name quality control (search ebay for "QNIX QX2710"). They cost like 1/3 of the price, but are more likely to have defects and have essentially no warranty.

Well, there are people like Anachron and I think me as well, which prefer smaller screens... for me it's because I find it hard to look at really large screens so it is counterproductive for me...

Being able to fit two full sized windows in the same display is hardly limiting my productiveness

http://puu.sh/61haE.jpg

More pixels: more space to work with, I can't see the issue.

Btw, that now pertains to resolution... I like High res screens, just not larger screens... :)

plus High res + smaller screen = HIGHER ppi... XD