• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Show Your Current Workspace

Don't laugh! I'm 15, DON'T JUDGE ME!

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    999.4 KB · Views: 265

Roland

R

Roland

Dual screen is back baby!

Well, I'd show you my cable management. But it's quite humiliating. (I only put zip ties to keep it organized tho.) Anyway, here it is!

Monitors are both 1366x768 (Can't calculate it in Inches, Sorry.)

IMG_20170106_101629.jpg IMG_20170106_101659.jpg

Kitty Tax:
IMG_20170105_155224.jpg A stray cat who's fucking nice and Cute and adorable. Yet Stinky. She's from the Auction where I bought my wacom tablet.

Holy crap that looks amazing. I need some specs! What are all the monitors and what's this crazy desktop? Did you build it?
Thanks!

Yeah I did build it myself. Building the actual computer is easy, the cable management on the backside is the hard part, now it's all kinda "tucked" in there. The custom loop can also seem like a daunting task for the uninitiated, but I enjoy doing it as a hobby.

All the important hardware is also overclocked to some extent.

Specs:
  • GALAX GeForce RTX 3080 SG 1-Click OC (Running at +170 Core clock and +700 mem clock. Can't overclock the power limit without flashing the bios)
  • Intel Core i9 10900k (running at 5ghz constantly on an undervolt)
  • G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32gb (16gbx2) 3600mhz (running at 4000mhz)
  • Addlink S70 Pcie/nvme m.2 1tb
  • Corsair rm750x
  • Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
  • Lian Li Strimer RGB cables (24pin + 8pin)
  • Lian Li UNI SL 120 (x7)
  • Lian Li Riser cable (spray painted white to match the color theme)

Monitors:
  • LG Ultragear 27GL850 (1440p 144hz)
  • MSI Optix MAG241C (1080p 144hz)
  • The vertical one is just a bad Dell monitor I got from my work when they placed us on home offices. 60hz TN panel most likely (haven't checked).

Custom water cooling loop stuff:
  • EK-Quantum Vector RE RTX 3080
  • Corsair xc7
  • Bykski 360x28mm radiators (x2) (spray painted white to match the color theme)
  • Bykski Distro plate + DDC pump combo
  • Bykski fittings
  • Barrow tubes

Last edited:
Very, very nice setup! :wthumbsup:

Which monitor do you prefer?
Thanks again :p

I most definitely prefer the LG Ultragear 27GL850 (middle 27" one). It is far better than the two other monitors in terms of picture, resolution, color accuracy and other things. The only thing better with the MSI Optix MAG241C (left 24" one) is the black tones and contrast. It has a 3000:1 contrast while the LG has 1000:1, but that's how it is with VA vs IPS panels.