• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #18[Playable] - Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Area 45

Lore

Map

WiPs

A foreign base found on the mid-east desert of Vesfrica. It is owned by EvoTech (Egilian Revolutionary Technologies), an Egilian technology administration who supports the nation by its highly classed state of the art technologies. Its power is supplied by the small dam, generating hydroelectricity for the base.

There have been rumors of a gigantic bioweapon hidden below the facility, natives weren't clear on what they saw, but they did confirm that the EvoTech Chief Executive Officer Ezekiel visited the area before the civil war began. After the revolutionary war in Egilian, the base was abandoned due to Loyalist Forces bombarding EvoTech bases in Vesfrica. Until the Alphtiberium Disaster, the Egilian Loyalist Forces couldn't reach the desert anymore, and so it was forgotten, the maps and details of its locations were all burned by EvoTech officials who were now executed. It seems they didn't want anyone to know what the gigantic bioweapon really was.

Luckily I did, after some "deal" though. Alas, I found the road leading towards it, what lies below that base awaits me, the gigantic bioweapon, what really is it? ...

~ Edge

- Page 17, Secrets of Area 45

sxbeoUc.jpg

AwVZoG9.jpg

92srQSw.jpg

1ZUETAg.jpg

oLNVqP9.jpg

InnzBOC.jpg

Continue~~ (Can't fit in the other post)
================

-----------------
Note: The Road and Base don't have links because they are not found in the Skin Section anymore, I found this in my Hive's resource stash stuff, and it was already made public. I have no idea why it's not in the resource section though.
Note: If I forgot someone, let me know.
Note: This is my submission, I'm not sure if its final, tell me if there is something wrong.

Attachments

• TC#18 - Area 45 - By Edge45.w3x
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Yes you can, I did it for you.

Also, I may or may not be fiddling with something for this one.

It's cool sir
And... also. i surrender already cause my map lost maybe it deleted my little sister.... :vw_sad::vw_sad:

Well GOOD LUCK to the participated contestant...

EDIT: i found my old copy map and i need to fix it and be like in WIPs XD
because to much stress here maybe i take some rest to this map

P.S. sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
Level 14
@Keiji

I'm always impressed when someone can make a terrain look good with the normal WC3 tiles. It's not always so easy when there are so many high quality ones out there.
Nice job.

Level 36
Thanks guys, it's only a rough start, and progress is slow, so don't get your hopes up
too much. I might not make the deadline. But here's a small update:

Attachments

• Timelost 1.png
    Timelost 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 206
  • Timelost 2.png
    Timelost 2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
  • Timelost 5.png
    Timelost 5.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Level 36
I didn't originally intend to either, and as I've stated more than once: I'm not sure I will
finish it in time. But now that my exams have come closer and closer, terraining helps
calm my nerves. So I decided to try my hand at a desert terrain :)

Attachments

• Timelost 6.png
    Timelost 6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 212
Level 36
So.

Earlier today Ralle helped me figure out how to patch wc3, which is something I haven't
done since forever, because I am a caveman on a computer. And, for whatever reason,
when the game got patched, my map was lost. I've tried everything I can to recover
it, but nothings working. This means I won't enter this contest after all, sorry folks.

I'm not saying it's Ralle's fault, but if you want to blame anyone...

Level 24
So.

Earlier today Ralle helped me figure out how to patch wc3, which is something I haven't
done since forever, because I am a caveman on a computer. And, for whatever reason,
when the game got patched, my map was lost. I've tried everything I can to recover
it, but nothings working. This means I won't enter this contest after all, sorry folks.

I'm not saying it's Ralle's fault, but if you want to blame anyone...

Oh, your entry was so cool, if only you weren't a caveman. Sorry to hear then, I would have really like to check that map.

Level 4
This will be my WIP, I use desert theme from one of my favorite game, Monster Hunter, is it allowed to use a theme from game?

So there will be a area system, playing on one area so the players and creeps can meet. If the players and creeps are separate, they cannot meet until they in one area. Creeps cannot move into another area, but the players can.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i'm sure i can finish it before the deadline... still newbie on WE > <

Attachments

• WIP_01_a.jpg
    WIP_01_a.jpg
    606.1 KB · Views: 998
  • WIP_01_b.jpg
    WIP_01_b.jpg
    624.9 KB · Views: 1,110
  • WIP_01_c.jpg
    WIP_01_c.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 1,025
  • WIP_01_d.jpg
    WIP_01_d.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 1,009
I'm finishing up the contest entry. Didn't have much time since the last time I dropped by but I managed to do some quality work today! Here is my WIP.

Since the file was too large, I uploaded the map on a different hosting site, hope that doesn't present a problem.

http://www.filedropper.com/contest

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    558.4 KB · Views: 416
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 415
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 436
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    711.5 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:
Level 23
This will be my final entry, looks very simple but this what i called a desert...
WIP 01 = http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2828291-post166.html

There is few new area and secret shop, also add a cave where spiders live.
SS =
attachment.php

attachment.php

I think you misunderstood the point of the contest. :/

anyway, is there anyone willing to compile a list of all the entries? i'm too lazy to browse all these pages. :p
I see a lot of nice terrains though, especially Keiji's. Too bad it was lost.

Level 15
alright, here's my final entry :)

Ij83e72.jpg

7NEh1fs.jpg

A once beautiful stop in the middle of the forest, the town of Yukiville quickly turned into a barren desert after the nuclear war. After many years of radiation the only thing that grows are tough vines and evil weeds. Life has been fully erradicated. The most lucky died to the explosions, but some survived for long years of suffering.

All that is left of Yukiville are ruins and a dead forest overgrown with deadly plants and vines.

Attachments

• Wasteland v2.w3x
    3.2 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Level 28
Final entry

Thank you guys! :D It was actually a pain in the ass to make the whole building tilted... the objects behaved unpredictably on irregular terrain and I had to retouch things hundreds of times lol

@Lightskin: nice, one more modern-themed entry! I was going that direction too, but I changed my mind later. Good luck!

Final entry

Stone Titan

Main

Screenshots

Features

Credits

attachment.php

Centuries ago, a colossal entity worshipped by the temple's monks was
finally summoned.
Senseless and savage the titan attacked them and in defense they turned
it into stone with magic.
The temple complex is now partially sinked in sand and abandoned.
Still, an eerie magic can be felt in the air - perhaps the reason for the
recent pink flowers that can be found around the area.

DOWNLOAD
(I had to upload somewhere else as pastebin was refusing my file hehe)

Final 0.jpg

Please view the map inside Warcraft 3
so you can fully experience it as you can see below
(terrain won't be displayed 100% correctly if you see the map only in the editor).

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Final1.png Final2.png Final3.png Final5.png Final6.png Final7.png Final9.png Final8.png

*Pathing - Lack of pathing would ruin the enterable buildings experience so I had to make a pathing for the map;

*Enterable buildings - The roof disappears as you enter and reappears after you leave:

attachment.php

*Smart lighting - When entering a dark building the screen will get darker and the bloom effect is over. When returning to the outdoors again you'll be offuscated by by light for a moment as your character's eyes get used to the light again;

*8 key locations - I made this map with the intention of designing a capture the point kind of level. May be useful for someone and maybe I'll even use it in a project, who knows (after cleaning the obscene amount of unused models :p). The locations are marked by ritual circles, as seen below:

attachment.php

*Remember to use the dunes - Tall dunes of sand piled up against walls by the wind should be used by the player to access higher ground or areas behind walls:

attachment.php

Fina4.png

This map contains regular UTM4 assets plus
public assets found over the Hiveworkshop
as it follows:

(I didn't actually use all this stuff, some were
just collected and then immediately forgotten)

==========TEXTURES===========

tobyfat
Babylon Dusk:
CityStructures.blp
HumanCampaignCastle.blp
Custom tiles found under Ashenvale and Lordaeron tilesets

===========MODELS=========

-=Emergenzy=-
CampaignArchWay
CampaignArchWayHalf

Tobyfat
DalaranSky