• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #2 - Desert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
OK, I'll do my judging on the following entries:
- deepblade; WiP
- Derkath (link to music file broken/outdated; does anybody have it? I sent a PM to him, too; WiP same story)
- Devine; WiP Screenshot
- Jaret; WiP Screenshot
- JetFangInferno: Description and music; WiP
- lexalex; WiP
- Rao Dao Zao; WiP
- Watchman; WiP
- ZippeR; WiP

I hope I did not miss anybody with a final entry, otherwise please correct me. I do not have the audio file from Derkath (link broken/outdated; answered to PM but did not post again, at least I did not find it)(I'll edit this post as soon as I got the file).

@deepblade: Hey, I found the "Search this Thread"-Button! I knew it had to be somewhere... :grin: :wink:

Last edited:
Level 7
Ok, so here's my screeny of my piece (I know... bad program):
attachment.php

So, hope this is proof enough.

Attachments

• ada.jpg
    ada.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 280
Level 10
Sorry about the dead link. Here's the new one (but you'll have to type in a code and wait a minute): http://www.badongo.com/audio/24201432
Well, it works now, thanks for uploading it again. If you had only compressed it with let's say 256kbps, it would have worked as a direct upload and link here without any noticeable difference, I think. You could make it much easier accessable this way... the link you gave e.g. only works each second time for me. If you want me to, I'll host the file on my own server, but I did not want to do this without your permission. Anyways, if I were you, I'd just re-encode it to 256kbps and upload it here and all problems were gone.
Sorry, these are just my thoughts about this... this does not make your piece less good in any way. :wink:

(Unofficial) List of all entries

Level 12
Yeah because making a Poll Thread, 8 Music Vids and gathering all the submission to upload one big one while having LAODS of other shit to do as an Administrator (not to mention real life) takes 1 day...

So wait for it.

Level 10
Until the poll is online, you may like to use my list to listen to the entries. It should be complete besides Derkath's entry now:
- deepblade; WiP
- Derkath (link to music file broken/outdated; does anybody have it? I sent a PM to him, too; WiP same story)
- Devine; WiP Screenshot
- Jaret; WiP Screenshot
- JetFangInferno: Description and music; WiP
- lexalex; WiP
- Rao Dao Zao; WiP
- Watchman; WiP
- ZippeR; WiP

I hope I did not miss anybody with a final entry, otherwise please correct me. I do not have the audio file from Derkath (link broken/outdated; answered to PM but did not post again, at least I did not find it)(I'll edit this post as soon as I got the file).

@JetFangInferno: Thanks for compressing it again! Btw, also 320kbps is compressed; every mp3 is compressed with a physical quality loss, but with 192kbps and above the difference to a lossless file is just very difficult to hear. So thanks again for making the direct link possible.

Level 10
Yeah because making a Poll Thread, 8 Music Vids and gathering all the submission to upload one big one while having LAODS of other shit to do as an Administrator (not to mention real life) takes 1 day...

So wait for it.

It's already been 3 days. Heck, if Py is so busy, why doesn't he just ask someone else to do it and spare us the waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.