• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music Contest #5 - Futuristic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
Haha I love Toejam & Earl! Funkotron and Planet Funk are in the same solar system, you know :b Played a bunch of them multiplayer over Hamachi with a friend because the music was so great! You could say Porky's is influenced by that in addition to just about everything with a groove. The whole history was typed up by Nick, the bassist, and our friend Henry Chessnut drunkenly one evening, so I'm not really sure why Sauron other than it's amusing to imagine him also just arbitrarily hating funk music?

Travis indeed; the green guy is dressed in a Gumby costume. The guitarist on the top of the screen's last name is Gunby and his guitar was custom made by his uncle with a Gumby on it. So we call him Gumby and have a costume for him! The guy in the Gumby costume is another percussionist.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
if I come up with something good I might get my current band to record something.
They made a rule: no teamwork. Now, I don't think it would be a problem if you would compose and they would only play the instruments. Maybe, in the future, there will be contests with bands/teamwork if they won't make an exception for this one. I'll have to consult with the moderator and contest proposer.

Level 19
They made a rule: no teamwork. Now, I don't think it would be a problem if you would compose and they would only play the instruments. Maybe, in the future, there will be contests with bands/teamwork if they won't make an exception for this one. I'll have to consult with the moderator and contest proposer.

Ah I didn't see that rule, but it makes sense to me. If you get a chance to ask about playing with my group that would be cool but I think the likelihood is low I would actually do that.

If I have any rights about the rule of this, I'd say this: I wouldn't mind that much but if the other members are musically well educated and you guys bring out something great that would be unfair for the other participants, clearly. It would be good to see something good came out tho. The catch would be, as a band, it's harder to cooperate compared to a DAW made song, but you seem to be playing with this band for some time and I don't think you guys will have any problems with that too. :D I'm a bit uncertain about this for now actually. Just for the sake of justice, or I'd be more than glad to hear what you guys would compose.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
New inspirational material. Don't get sick now:
(retrofuturism)
(retrofuturism)
(~retrofuturism)
(retrofuturism)
(retrofuturism)
(retrofuturism)
(retrofuturism)
(~retrofuturism)

Last edited:
Level 28
So guys, here is my humble WIP! For the next part I have no idea how to use the softwares to make electronic music hahaha.

I was asked to post links towards artist's page that makes beautiful sci-fi.

huadong Ian's style reminded me of yours.

Attachments

• WIP1image.jpg
    WIP1image.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 92
  • Artificial Eloquence WIP1.mp3
    331 KB · Views: 65
Level 4
Here's my first WIP. For now, the title is "Galaxy Trip". Not sure if I'm gonna stick with it. Is a screenshot fine? :D Or should it be a sound sample?

Attachments

• DED1-WIP-FuturisticMusic.png
    DED1-WIP-FuturisticMusic.png
    199.8 KB · Views: 86
Level 4
Oh, I see. Well, here is a first audio sample:

Attachments

• DED1-Futuristic-GalaxyTrip-WIP.mp3
    892.4 KB · Views: 87
Level 16
Here's my entry guys. Finally my PC got fixed, and now I can do anything as usual. It has a little bit of change.

EDIT: The piano's melody is controlled well. It gives a good sensation of relaxation while the bass decorates the song. The pad helps it too. I hope you understand what i said.

Attachments

• AditTechno - The Future.rar
    6.9 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
People, would those of you who haven't shown a screenshot of the musical sheet post one, please? Let's be fair to everyone. Also it would be great if you could prove the voice samples you use are either made by you or are part of the software your working with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question, deepstrasz. Whether this music that I've attached is futuristic??
You've decided to change the whole song? That should not have been the case.
Well, the new one is OK too even though it still has a earthly piano :D. However, the second part of the song is kind of just house. Your first song was/is more atmospheric.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also musicians don't forget this useless rule:
All entries must be accompanied by an explanation of how the song fits into the theme.
Think of it as your argument(s)/defense. Better do this on your final product's post.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Please don't put this music as my final entry.
OK. But you gotta do it before the deadline else I will be forced to take that as the final entry.
-------------------------------------------
Also, people please don't forget these rules:
Your submission must be posted before the deadline. Your post must include the music in an accepted file Format (MP3, OGG, or MIDI) and an accompanying explanation of the song (i.e. explain how it fits into the theme).
All entries must be accompanied by an explanation of how the song fits into the theme.

Hello to everyone!
Name of my music: Immoderacy (This is the same previous music that I attached. Just it's name has been changed)
At last, My computer has been fixed and I've created my final entry. I combined my harmonizing and singing for this music. It is now with a high quality. I've attached both of MP3 and WAV formats of my song. (It's quality is higher in it's WAV format). I hope you like my music!

Edit: This music must be atleast 3:15 minutes! If this song that I've attached is not 3:15, download the right song here: Help Link

Good luck to every one in this contest

Attachments

• PYSongWAV.rar
    22.2 MB · Views: 65
  • Immoderacy.mp3
    4.4 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Level 18
The song must be described in what way is it futuristic, so:
I wanted it to feel like we're on some sort of a lightspeed space flight, sharing good fun times with friends, something like that, I think the chords managed to express them, kinda, I picture the color mostly orange and kinda blueish purple from hearing the track.

I used a looot of saw waves, pulses and a turd ton of detunes layered with white noises to give the futuristic feel. (especially the detuned saws)

I remastered the track.

Attachments

• OozyGoo - Journeys [Remastered].rar
    57.9 MB · Views: 134

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level 19
It's .wav and uncalled for but if he desires so :D

I thought so, WAV format is unnecessarily big, he should try mp3 imo.

Are you living in a spaceship? Oh my. You must be from the future!

And yeah :p I might be an alien too :eek:

My sound file wip is here as well. Sorry for double posting but i couldnbt find how to upload a file via edit mode. Anyways here it is;

Post merged by Heinvers.

Attachments

• Interstellat Surrealism.mp3
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'll work on it a lot more cuz its got lots of missing points, itll be awesome though, I can feel it ^^
Work on it, please. I want it to be awesome. I will not say how I truly feel about it now :p

Check that people to see who still has to provide an entry and an image of their musical sheet (software, w/e).

Level 18
I thought so, WAV format is unnecessarily big, he should try mp3 imo.

And yeah :p I might be an alien too :eek:
I think I should but meh, but WAV files are uncompressed ( thus no loss in quality ).
mastering ( or simply post processing ) simply sounds crisp in WAV compared to MP3.

OozyGoo - Journeys [Remastered] - final entry

Attachments

• OozyGoo - Journeys [Remastered].mp3
    6 MB · Views: 78
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Work on it, please. I want it to be awesome. I will not say how I truly feel about it now :p

Check that people to see who still has to provide an entry and an image of their musical sheet (software, w/e).

Please do tell me what you think :D

And as far as I can see I've got no problem with my WIP or proof ?o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.