• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #6 - Themed Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Imo the music set is more unique.
icondx.png
->
icond.png

Level 38
@ bananaHUNT: all of your icons seem to have an extreemly diferent style, they don't really match. I'd recommend making the lines on the potion more subtle, and add some sort of background/flame glow to the shield. The orange color of the shield also seems to florecent, you should tone it down a bit to make it fit the shield better.

@ HappyCockroach: You should play around with how you are cropping your images some more. I get the feeling those icons could be much stronger if the subjects were framed diferently. I would recomend going more close-up to the objects, pushing edges of them outside the boarders. Right now the tiki amulet is a little tangent with the icon border, I would recomend inlarging it so a portion of it goes off the picture fram. The details in the sheild could benifit from being enlarged as well :)

@ UnholyDobry: Those icons definitely match :)
The hammer looks a little messy, the perspective seems slightly off. I would recommend shading the background/adding shadows from the icon subjects as well.

And here is what I've got so far :D
(The last one's supposed to be a shoulder-guard :/ )
BTNPhoenixHelmet.jpg BTNPhoenixChest copy.jpg BTNPhoenixShoulder copy.jpg

Edit-
@ Dentothor: The orb should probably fill up more of the frame.

@ Pyramidhe@d: That's freaking creepy.

Level 11
Thanks for the advice chrome, your icons are great, altho shoulder pad would look better without those horns in my opinion.

anyway i did what you said and here are new icons.

Attachments

• Hammer.jpg
    Hammer.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 249
  • Wrench.jpg
    Wrench.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 313
  • Cog.jpg
    Cog.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 312
  • bolts.jpg
    bolts.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 324
hmm.. about ur Sword dentothor.. i must say i rly like the colors... but the Blade has like no shading and no details..

yes, this is why i was so disappointed with it. NOT my best work AT ALL. well, i'll start up another as soon as i get some free time from critiquing the icon section.

plus, i didn't like the style. it didn't match the orb that much and didn't match the Narcainians all that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.