1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Paintovers and C&C! Submit your WIPs here!

Discussion in 'Art and Graphic Designs' started by TheKurt009, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Help sir--
    I still feel like this wulf I made isn't in its perfect form. :< (well, it isn't, indeed :xxd: )
    First time painting wolf. Halp-
    wolf.png

2. TheKurt009

TheKurt009

Resources:
    Resources:
    heya! i dig the knight!
    what i did was i enlarged the head a little and fixed the eyes since when flipping the canvas the eyes don't feel right. It's a good habit on occasionally flipping the canvas to see your mistakes since your eyes tend to adjust. I also harmonized the colors by blending the light more on the armor with an overlay layer.
    i cropped the composition and put her on the left side following the rule of thirds. i also balanced the lighting by lessening the amount of light on the left side.
    when choosing colors, please don't choose the edge of the color by picking hard blue but instead on the middle.

this video tells about color harmony and picking of colors :) i dig the art by the way! :D
    HAYATE.jpg

i referenced an image i found on google :)
    please don't depend entirely on textures as they don't provide depth to the elements. instead, take time on studying forms, values and shapes by studying light :)
    i also removed the bright neon blue bar as it was too distracting and ruining the piece :)

white wolf.jpg

3. Rheiko

Rheiko

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks! Looks like I still got a long way to go. ~

4. TheKurt009

TheKurt009

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem!! :D you're welcome!

5. Wildfire

Wildfire

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Another C&C for this please~
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  6. TheKurt009

TheKurt009

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hellowildfire! thanks for uploading!
    glad you finished it! :D i love the metal texture :) i did a quick overpaint and some adjustments to it. Your rendering is pretty nice now! and now i think the priority should be the focus for anatomy and perspectives.
    1st thing i noticed was he seemed off balanced, no sense of weight which is i think is still also important for poses.
    - the arm was a little bit too long so i shortened it and reposed it.
    -i also reduced the yellow hue in the shield because i felt that it's too saturated.
    -i also fixed the legs because the foreshortening wasn't being displayed correctly :)
    -the face i fixed as well :) what i did first was drawing the face without the helmet then putting the helmet on the top layer over it.

[​IMG]

overall i think the first thing you should work on is anatomy proportions and perspectives, because while your rendering is good, i find that they can't make up some of the things lacking because anatomy proportions and perspectives are one of the core things holding a piece together.
    proportion
    [​IMG]

footmanoverpaint.jpg

7. Hayate

Hayate

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    New Painting
    SamuraiGirl.jpg

Thank you :D

8. Lordlycan

Lordlycan

Resources:
    Resources:
    a slow wip i don't work on every week but it's coming together nicely, and i'm aware i have to recheck all the lightsources

Attached Files:

9. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    Me summon senpai @TheKurt009 !!!

Gimme red lines plz because I always draw like this and it feels so wrong but i cant fix it.

Attached Files:

10. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    first thing first, learn your porportions buddy :) This will fix a lot of your own issues. Second, always concider your light source and the corresponding shadow it's casting. :)

11. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    no thats my style n i’m doing it right

XD lol jk. Thanks Mr. Goblin! on most time i dont realize those after 1 hours making them o.o I’ll rework the light. and i’ll post it here again

edit: I GIVE UP!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019