• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Nox... Seriously, be constructive or just go away, no one wants to hear you whine about how the map is 'not progressing' or how you want to kill Chris4o.

I need some clarification on your "constructive" rant.
Where you come up with the idea that I am whining is beyond me, because I dont even have time to play computer games whatsoever.
Also, you may want to spend some time researching terms such as a metaphor which could help you understand my post you mentioned.

Level 12
Whats the point of your post?
You know damn well how the development of this map is "progressing".

Contrary to your belief, it does appear here you are the one ranting, complaining about it not being worked on. It is NOT constructive, however, because you're just complaining about it, not actually attempting to do shit to help. We understand it's a metaphor, but that doesn't really affect our beliefs.

troll-web1.jpg

Level 12
Ahh, fair enough. xD

So, a question to the devs. Is your progress going to be hampered by StarCraft II, or will the project continue as planned?

Level 8
Pretty sure it was posted on how progress was moving along at the moment, but if not, let me help you out.

Purge is currently helping out on the bigger Vjass systems that are needed to produce the beta, which will allow beta testers to go around and look for bugs while enjoying the maps completeness.

Progress is moving along but with bigger systems there are more bugs, which need debugging etc...

So to answer the above on the progress, yes, yes it is moving along.

Also, it is Kris not Cris. To quote a complete idiot.

"People like noxwinslol make me want to wish that I could grab people through my monitor so I could prevent them from polluting the internet further with their utter retardation."

Play DotA! If you did you would know that raging at someone will not make them want to be a team player. Be nice!

Level 4
Pretty sure it was posted on how progress was moving along at the moment, but if not, let me help you out.

Purge is currently helping out on the bigger Vjass systems that are needed to produce the beta, which will allow beta testers to go around and look for bugs while enjoying the maps completeness.

Progress is moving along but with bigger systems there are more bugs, which need debugging etc...

Also, it is Kris not Cris. To quote a complete idiot.

"People like noxwinslol make me want to wish that I could grab people through my monitor so I could prevent them from polluting the internet further with their utter retardation."

Play DotA! If you did you would know that raging at someone will not make them want to be a team player. Be nice!

Hey, im not raging, im just Freestyle posting :p
Im afraid I dont have time to play games :(

Level 8
Pretty sure he has every right to be here =). It's called window shopping, he doesn't have to have the item he is looking at. He is just looking at it, and other things in the store.

still looking forward for this... I've been waiting for this for a long time now so it would be a waste to stop waiting, especially when it looks so promising. btw, I've never played WoW so I really have no hands-on experience with it, so my wanting to play this map is not related to WoW, I just love playing RPG's.

We will make warcraft live on. even if blizzard will stop supporting it some time, as long as there are players and modders like us then it will live on.

Level 7
IMO, I think Craka_J is just sick of working on this and has no motovation to continue this right now. I think he will finish this, just might take him a while to get back in the mood to work on it. :cry:

This will problably be dead for a few weeks or even months and then will get picked up and worked on again.:grin:

- all that is just my personall opinion and is based on no facts what so ever.

Level 8
Err... what's the point of that post, pulling assumptions from nothing...?

Craka said that nearly nothing will stop him (somewhere in this forum) because the project has gone so far.

Level 7
That was just my opinion on why this mod has slowed down. I mean, come on there has not been an official update or any new screen shots for a while now and people keep asking if this is dead. It wasn't meant to be taking as a fact or anything.

Originally Posted by Don-Para-
Craka said that nearly nothing will stop him (somewhere in this forum) because the project has gone so far.

Originally Posted by Raj91
I think he will finish this...

Level 8
Craka posted 5 days ago (though somewhat offtopic), showing that he's very well alive.
There really isn't any proof or rationale to show that this project has slown down, after all do we really need screen shots and official updates every week or so?

To quote Yabooer from a couple weeks ago,

There isn't really anything to screenshot, and that's pretty much what is going on.

Level 7
Ok, first of all, even though Yabooer is usually right, Craka_J is making this mod not him, and a couple weeks ago craka said \/ this \/.

Craka_J said:
Before the mod is abandoned, a somewhat playable version of the mod will be released. Whenever THAT is, I have no clue.

He then said this to smoopa a few days ago.

its dead xD, just kidding

Lol it's okay, it is. :grin:

So, even though what you said is correct, you have to admit it is slowed down.

Level 8
I am only usually right because I talk to Craka, and I've been following this for a while. What I said is true though, I'll quote myself from the previous post I just threw up.

On topic, it is still being worked on, main systems are being finished up, and then a playable demo will be out as soon as the systems required for the game are finished.

When a demo is released isn't on Craka but on the coders.

Not to say you should pressure the coders, but blaming Craka for the falling progress is just wrong. Craka, is trying his best, and the coders are as well. Just these complex systems being built from scratch take a bit. Debugging the systems, checking to see if they work, fixing leaks, testing it out some more etc...

Just give it time =)

Level 8
Calm yourself, he is spacing out his work. He was bored making terrain for one spot so he started working on AB, and WSG.

Just wait.

Level 4
jsut asking XD, couse all my yime in wow i spend my time in 1 place:
Warsong Gulch!!! somehow, i deleted my wow, so its so boring all the time, there is noone
to 0wn anyone :/ soory if you though i was screaming XD

Level 8
Who said I was apart of the team? Also I think that has already been covered and done. I think Craka knows the way he is going to do that when the time comes to it.

Level 8
He has been busy, the only talk we did really was about to play a game or two together, and then I was chatting about how I'm going to try and put together a team for Ardent Heroes (Looking for a Vjasser)

Status
Not open for further replies.