• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

{OLD} Wc3:WoW Discussion

What should the Wc3:WoW Team focus on most?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Yeah, unfortunately Yixx won't be able to get back to working on the Character Creation system soon because he hasn't recovered it yet from his HDD and is unsure exactly when it will be recovered. At this time, I am contemplating whether I should get watermelon_1234 or someone else to get this system started and completed so the mod can progress forward again, or if I should just wait for Yixx's work.

Level 8
Dylan, get some faith, all of which has happened to slow down the progress of this mod has been nothing of Craka's doing. Nothing he could have prevented himself.

Level 25
Lol yeah, pretty much. Except we aren't trying to create any black holes to destroy the planet either.

Anyway, I'll be working on Wc3:WoW terrain this weekend, that way the project isn't stuck at an unproductive state and so I can have something good to report for once.

Level 25
None at all. Probably won't work on the terrain until this weekend, and that's if I feel like it. Currently have no motivation to work on this project until some trigger progress is done. The only terrain progress recently was I worked on the Valley of Trials some more, mainly just working on proportions. It's still really compact though, but oh well. Might just leave it alone and focus on other zones to maintain my interest in this mod's development. Not saying I'll ever quit the mod, just not working on it at the moment out of boredom.

Level 7
None at all. Probably won't work on the terrain until this weekend, and that's if I feel like it. Currently have no motivation to work on this project until some trigger progress is done. The only terrain progress recently was I worked on the Valley of Trials some more, mainly just working on proportions. It's still really compact though, but oh well. Might just leave it alone and focus on other zones to maintain my interest in this mod's development. Not saying I'll ever quit the mod, just not working on it at the moment out of boredom.

Aw...well I know what thats like, you can only work on something for so long before it becomes a chore rather than fun. Hopefully when the character creation system is finished, you will be motivated to work on this more. Best of luck!

Level 19
You've done really well for this, I really hope this project would turn out to be great:)
Also, here's a +Rep for motivation!

Level 8
He is working on the other project (Ardent Heroes) until he can get the Character Creation screen from Yixx, if he can not supply it. It must be recreated, which will take a good week or two (From my understanding could be COMPLETELY wrong)

He will be putting more work into AH until progress starts to move for this mod. It isn't that he doesn't want to work on this one, he would just like to work with a team that is actually working to complete it. He is almost obligated to work on AH seeing how progress is moving pretty fast, and he must keep up.

He will not give up this map as I've said too many times now, but he just has no reason to work on a map if there is no team behind him working on it as well.

Level 1
sorry for my English. My question to Craka_J. As I understand it, the game creates a very long time. When will the next version, except the demo? And it is in
soon, or not? Once again I apologize for bad English...

No offense, but by the time this is done, Warcraft 6: The Reign of Tides of Frozen Chaos Beyond The Dark Throne will be released. Don't get me wrong, your project is really awesome, but lets be realistic. You should perhaps move onto an easier project. After all, by the time this is done, you'll be in your 40s saying 'I wasted a decade making a series of maps for a game made in the early 21st century'.
Sorry if I sound like an ass, but I'm just stating some facts, and I encourage you to continue, though be aware of this project's challenges.

Level 8
To be honest, they were VERY close to releasing a demo, it could have been released by now, IF Yixx didn't bail out and his computer get demolished. Now of course all we need is a new coder and we should be fine.

Anyways to your "Work on a different project" look at his sig. He has been working on that while he searches for another team.

Level 20
Problem with your reasoning GhostThruster would be the time ALREADY lost/spent in making it, it's best to at least... finish and release something. Sure no-one can expect him to stay working on it to completion (that is looking like a goal too high), I understand your time point of view, but I know from expierience if you can't look back and say "I got somewhere" with it - you'll feel awful about the time already spent to produce... ?

Maybe just hand in the towel after the next demo, or ofc.. keep working on it - I'm sure some people can and will wait :)

Level 25
I never said I don't want to complete Wc3:WoW. I just said that I am unable to do so, literally. I have no coding knowledge and being that Wc3:WoW is triggered 100% using vJASS code, or so that is the strict plan I am sticking to, therefore the mod can not be truly completed aside from terrain and object editing.

Because I no longer lead a team of developers for Wc3:WoW due to their own reasons for leaving, I must focus much more on Ardent Heroes, a mod of mine which has a team and is actually making great progress even when I am not.

Level 5
Craka_J, When Ardent Heroes is finished, do you think some of the team would be able to help with Wc3 WoW if it doesn't get more active by then?

Level 18
I never said I don't want to complete Wc3:WoW. I just said that I am unable to do so, literally. I have no coding knowledge and being that Wc3:WoW is triggered 100% using vJASS code, or so that is the strict plan I am sticking to, therefore the mod can not be truly completed aside from terrain and object editing.

Because I no longer lead a team of developers for Wc3:WoW due to their own reasons for leaving, I must focus much more on Ardent Heroes, a mod of mine which has a team and is actually making great progress even when I am not.

Than find som damn people who are able to do Jass?

Level 25
It's not as easy as just finding people who are skilled with vJASS. It's also a matter of whether they're actually interested in joining the mod or not and if they actually stay interested afterwards. The usual case is that they are either not interested or they are interested, but they're too busy with their current projects or their personal lives.

Level 8
Stop bugging about progress, it isn't something that happens over night, you need people dedicated to doing work for this to happen.

Bugging him saying "I want progress" will most definitely make him and everyone else jump to working on this mod (Sarcasm off)

If you'd like to see progress made, go learn and master Vjass and PM him. I've been waiting on this mod for 3+ years, patience is a virtue that you obviously haven't obtained.

Level 18
xD rofl no offense but i call that No life siriously waiting 3 years for a Wc3 mod to come out? why not search a prive wow server that only supports classic wow? Siriously imo Craka_j could have spend more time to search for a person who knows Vjass than complaning he doesnt have one. (No offense) and when whas the last time he updated the screenshot section? Anyway thanks to that wasteless post of you, you now make me feel like an A..H.le Now lets move on to a different subject shall we?

O and sorry if you do try a lot to find somone who knows Vjass Craka_J

Level 8
Yabooer is one of the members of the team.
And Craka's not really complaining, he's answering questions and seeing if anyone subscribed to this forum is competent to fill the missing spot.

Edit: try to look up "wasteless"

Last edited:
Level 8
I'm not apart of this team, I'm apart of his other team, Ardent Heroes.

If by no life, you mean semi successful, degrees from GTI, actually passing English class (Something you've yet to achieve, being able to type, and NOT have millions of red squiggles underneath my sentences is also very nice.) and actually owning a place to live. Then yes, yes I do have no life.

I don't enjoy private servers, because I've beaten every instance in it. I am awaiting this mod, because it is so revolutionary. Such a huge mod, being put into this game.

He isn't complaining about having no Vjass expert, you're asking a question on why progress isn't moving every 2-3 days, and he is responding "I need a Vjasser"

Screen shots don't mean progress, he can take 10 screen shots right now, of terrain that has been finished for a while. Though YOU might see them as new, they might be VERY old.

Not to mention, all of your posts so far in the last month or two, have just been about you CONSTANTLY ripping on him for not having enough progress done, or other things.

If you'd like to try to make a map that can top this, go for it. If you're going to complain constantly leave. I'd really love to see those last two things happen. Knowing you are going to start a failed project would be beautiful.

Level 25
I'm actually going to be putting a podcast together soon, maybe tomorrow, which will show off what Wc3:WoW was like before 1.24 forced us to wipe it all. Will probably also show what some areas look like now after the wipe. That way players realize why it hasn't been released yet, but see it isn't totally boring.

In the podcast I hope to cover how the AI works, terraining the mod, and other things related to Wc3:WoW's plans and development.

PS: Usually I'd ask for you two to stop, but... this is actually amusing. :)

Level 1
you could just join a private server that gives u one of those gm magic ruggs, its not a mount but it allows u to fly anywhere except indoors

Level 25
Forgot to mention here that I posted yet another news post:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-iii-world-of-warcraft/news/preparing-alpha-beta

Things are going well so far, but since the news post PurgeandFire111 discovered that it is very difficult to make the custom camera system which we desire to have in Wc3:WoW work well with a DGUI bags inventory system. It's kind of complicated to explain - I even forgot what the issue was exactly - but it was difficult enough for us to finally decide to not include a DGUI bags inventory system in Wc3:WoW at all since it would cause lag, it'll take forever to implement just right so it works, and overall it would just be nastiness!

Level 8
My goodness your English is atrocious, don't double post, just edit your post.

Anyways, anything that was in the Burning Noobsade will not be in this game. No Wrath of the Eazy Mode will be in the game either. Meaning no other races besides the original.

Level 12
Good. The original game, without the bloody expansions, was definitely the best. Most original games are. But SC2, man, it's lookin' to be better than the original. Except for Koreans.

Level 4
People like chris4o make me want to wish that I could grab people through my monitor so I could prevent them from polluting the internet further with their utter retardation.

Level 12
Nox, if I could post that quote all over the internet, I would. OWAIT
Welcome to the interwebs, please enjoy your spam

Status
Not open for further replies.