• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Newgen World Editor: VERY SLOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
It seems as time passes, my NGE just gets slower and slower. When I go to place units, custom or not, it lags horrendously. Is their any ways to make it a little more smoother?
The only background programs I have running are: AIM, Skype, and Firefox.
I have 4GB of RAM, and a 2.2GHz duel core processor running on Windows Vista.

Help please, I'm trying to work on my map, and I just... can't.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
What is your graphic card... Processor is only half a game as you still need a graphic card to render the graphics.

JNGP works fine on my computer. Windows 7 ultimate, 6 GB DDR3, I7 processor, Nvidia Geforce 275 GTX. Moving units around still can reduce frame rate but that is because of a poor collision system when moving units.

I think it might just be the map. It's pretty damn big.
256x224

maybe your pc just have some problems, viruses maybe?

I have a map with the same size and it doesn't lag for me (laptop, intel 1.76 dual core, 1GB ram, intel GMA 950, windows XP (as you can see the specs are really not that good and I dont dare use vista on this) and my laptop is pretty old).

Level 3
Very odd, I use Newgen on a Intel pentium 4 3.0ghz ATI 3850 and 2gigs of ram.
Never had any problems with it.

Try reinstalling it and maby some virus scans.

Level 8
If you have game view running, turn it off (v) it makes it lag horrendously. Also, if you have your camera almost horizontal that lags too, on 256 x 244 :p

Your computer might be due to be defragmented, or need you to fix up the drivers or whatever. Mine was being really gay but i defragged, scanned my drivers etc and it was all fixed up. To do it go onto My computer > right click on C:\, go properties, tools, and all of the programs you need for that are in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.