• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

World Editor Slow-ness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Alright, I wonder if this is just the way it is, or whether it is somehow my fault.

Basically, it takes FOREVER to load whenever I go to rename or create a new unit, or a lotm of different things, all in the Object Manager. Every other part of the WE operates at blinding speed except for the damned Onject Editor.

Is there anything I can do?

And before you ask, I have 2 Gigs of top-notch Dual-Channel DDR2 RAM running at 800MHZ stock, as well as an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor, that puts out 2.4 GHZ. I'm running XP Home, so somehow I don't think my PC is the problem here.

Level 11
Yes theres a way to fix that, the 'tree' display in the lower left of World Editor is what takes so long to update. You can turn that off quite easily. Hold on while I try to remember how. (lol)
Damn.. I remember it was easy, I just don't remember how I did it.

Level 11
Its a trade off. I never used the tree window, so it was just fine for me. I don't see why anyone would use that when the palettes work just as well. But hey do whatever you see fit.

Level 6
I also have the same problem, i wouldn't really call it a big problem though, i'm always doing more than one thing at once so i don't really get frustrated waiting all the time, and i also prefer to use the tree, i can find units/abilities/etc. much faster with the tree.

Level 12
Question

I disabled the "brush list", but nothing really changed

What is the palette? (where is it located in a general direction on WE)

What is the tree window? (wondering if it was only that little window that displays the unit)

I though somethin was gonna happen with the interface, and everything was gonna get screwy :eek:

Level 11
Heres a picture with the tree view selected. (In Red)

Attachments

• Treeview.jpg
    Treeview.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 117
Level 12
Wow

THAT Is the reason for the insane slow-ness!?!?!!?!?

Holy crap :eekani:

I never used that thing anyway, was harder to use than the palette

Damn, hah I'm so glad I turned that off :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.