• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Triggers crash the editor (Leopard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I recently upgraded to "Leopard" (Mac OS 10.5.2), but it seems that some incompatibility exists between my new OS and the World Editor. The problem is: Every time I attempt to create a new trigger, the application suddenly and mysteriously crashes. Does anyone here have Leopard that can confirm the issue? Does anyone know of a fix?

Oh, and I'm running a MacBook Pro, with 2 GB RAM and a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, if it matters.

Level 2
I suppose I should have mentioned that I tried that, already. No luck!
Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Level 14
Hmm...Well I have no expirience in Mac, but if nobody can help you, might I suggest you try with another CD of warcraft III(perhaps your copy of the CD is scratched a bit). I had the same problem with one single small thing. I bought another copy of the game and voila, everything works. Of course no point in wasting money on a new copy just yet. Wait a few days, if there is no reply, borrow your friends copy or something and if I'm right buy a new one.

Level 2
All right, thanks for your help. I hope I can resolve this problem, as without triggers, I can't do much.

Level 2
Why was this moved to "Solved Problems"?
This problem still has not been solved.

I tried installing from a friend's CD (luckily, I have a few friends who own it) with no luck, again. I'm pretty sure it's the OS, now, as I had no issues before I upgraded from Tiger (10.4). I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with Rosetta (which enables programs not built for the Intel processor to work).
Well, it seems I can't do anything about this, but I'd appreciate if someone has a potential solution.

Level 12
Why was this moved to "Solved Problems"?
This problem still has not been solved.

I tried installing from a friend's CD (luckily, I have a few friends who own it) with no luck, again. I'm pretty sure it's the OS, now, as I had no issues before I upgraded from Tiger (10.4). I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with Rosetta (which enables programs not built for the Intel processor to work).
Well, it seems I can't do anything about this, but I'd appreciate if someone has a potential solution.

Already tried with JassNewGen editor and WEU?
Try using a third party emulator, I don't know if this exists for Mac... I only uses Linux and Windows xD

Level 2
I'd try that- if a Mac version (of pretty much anything related to WC3 modding) existed. *sighs* The WC3 modding scene here on the Mac side of things is pretty much nonexistent, so our tools are few and far between.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway.

Level 2
Same Problem

Hi,
I also use Mac Leopard and have the same problem- every time I try and create or edit a trigger, the whole editor crashes. I've tried everything it suggested here, but still it happens.
Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.