• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Which Windows the best for world editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi i have huge lags in my editor i Turned off brush list .so i have 4 comps with Windows 8 7 XP and vista its really dilemma which one to use to edit map.i only tested editing on comp with vista and XP.i noticed that editor is faster on comp with XP.comp with \xp has 4gb RAM memory ,comp with vista has 2gb.i dónt think that editing on comp with Windows 8 is good idea because its tablet (laptop it can become both) with Windows.i dónt have time to check Windows 7 now so i would like to know ur opinion before i test

Level 4
The best best hardware should perform best. So choose whatever PC that is geared best.

Vista with 2GB RAM is obviously an incredibly bad idea.

Pretty sure your PC has to page swaps regularly due to RAM running full, thus giving your lags every few seconds.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Most of the time actually.

The GUI editor and object editor is mega slow.
That's half of the reason I only use vjass these days, it does not lag.

edit: here is a GIF example. takes 4-5 seconds to load a model in a empty map.
And then it takes 20 seconds to load a special effect in GUI. (if not more, I lost count)
e2563c1b4fe1997d008e480e8ba7c457.gif

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Windows XP, no doubt.
Wc3 was made for XP.

Level 4
Really weird - have a similar set up and experience no problems.

@Eclipse
Won't outweigh possibly crap hardware, he should look at that first.

Status
Not open for further replies.