• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New User Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
OoOoOoOoOoOoO Cool.At first i got really confused but now this post sorted out everything :).Thanks for the new stuff!

Level 20
I was quite confused last night as well when my kept changing.Heinvers told me what's going on though

Yeah .For a moment i thought WTF when the f*** did i become a moderator...I went and took my glasses just i case my eyes were failing me :p.

Level 21
I was already demoted from Warchief to some ugly red guy...

I will have to Critical Strike you while in Wind Walk and then spin mindlessly in a whirlwind Bladestorm hitting nothing. At least I will not be lonely as I can always look at my Mirror Image like a sad guy.
Don't worry,you're almost The Champion of The Horde

I will have to Critical Strike you while in Wind Walk and then spin mindlessly in a whirlwind Bladestorm hitting nothing. At least I will not be lonely as I can always look at my Mirror Image like a sad guy.

ROFLMAO

hopefully hive 2.0 will be deeper starcraft oriented in the future, as for my icon....

will be the wind rider. hmph.

look forwards to hive 2.0

Level 20

LooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL....Well as you said you still got your mirror image :p

Level 11
Would be neat to see a live statistics chart over how many have each rank etc.

Any wip on the donation icons so far?
Goblin icons are still Horde related and greedy mercenaries = gold related. Would fit in nicely with the new theme I think.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Nice user ranks, those ranks remind me of other users' post counts rather than ignoring the post counts of the users in the past. At start, I don't see there is the usefulness of those ranks but now I discover their usefulness. A good change there! :)

Level 48
What if at each tier you got icons from each race and could select which to use? However I think that would conflict with the Orc theme Ralle is so fond of as well as require a lot of work to prepare the icons and system.

It's weird to me how the forums have a Night Elf theme but the icons are specifically Horde themed. I like the Horde too, but having the choice between each of the four races could work out, I think. Just takes a bit of getting used to and hover-over tooltips ("Rank X - Unit").

Also, I think the ideas of unlocking different races or different icons based on rep count and perhaps resource count (maybe taking into account the rating or number of downloads each resource received) might be a good idea too. Not sure if each resource should weigh the same though - maybe Maps should be the heaviest and Icons the least heavy, but that's also sort of unfair for different types of artists I suppose.

Another thing is that maybe mods could have a unique flag or border or some kind of extra indicator to indicate their status, thus allowing them to keep their post-count / custom icons.

Status
Not open for further replies.