• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New User Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Nonsense.

Agreed. Play the facebook game, that's how one gets the most reputation. Reputation is not earned. I bet one could remove a few hundred rep from me because I have gotten that from friends for reasons not really deservant of rep.

Not to mention that playing the naive good guy everywhere makes you a automagic rep magnet. Just write "Good job I really like it!!!" on all resources and you will shower in rep in no time.

Level 24
Agreed. Play the facebook game, that's how one gets the most reputation. Reputation is not earned. I bet one could remove a few hundred rep from me because I have gotten that from friends for reasons not really deservant of rep.

Not to mention that playing the naive good guy everywhere makes you a automagic rep magnet. Just write "Good job I really like it!!!" on all resources and you will shower in rep in no time.

If you think it's so abysmal you could always decide not to show people your reputation level. ;)

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
No, you were saying that reputation is earned and not given and I disagree. I also disagree with your edit, I've seen enough people here who care a lot about their rep. There are also many who think rep is stupid and should be removed. I dare say the numbers are quite equal, I just think that not all who care about reputation want to say it.
Personally, I don't care about rep too much, I see it as a tool to tell people that you think their post/thread/work whatever was good and when it's used this way - the way it's actually meant to be used - it fulfils its purpose. and is useful.
Look, you can have whatever opinion you want to have about this matter, just like I got mine. However, I have to point out that there's much reputation being given around for nothing. That's why reputation loses its actual meaning and doesn't tell anything about the user or what he provived for the community.

Anyway, this matter is absolutely off topic.

Level 20
No, you were saying that reputation is earned and not given and I disagree. I also disagree with your edit, I've seen enough people here who care a lot about their rep. There are also many who think rep is stupid and should be removed. I dare say the numbers are quite equal, I just think that not all who care about reputation want to say it.
Personally, I don't care about rep too much, I see it as a tool to tell people that you think their post/thread/work whatever was good and when it's used this way - the way it's actually meant to be used - it fulfils its purpose. and is useful.
Look, you can have whatever opinion you want to have about this matter, just like I got mine. However, I have to point out that there's much reputation being given around for nothing. That's why reputation loses its actual meaning and doesn't tell anything about the user or what he provived for the community.

Anyway, this matter is absolutely off topic.
Yeah i have eraned some rep for nothing...Mostly from you boss mon

All jokes asside.I agree on what you said.

Level 24
I've never understood giving out rep for a smile. I suppose that makes me one of those grumpy old bastards that never feel grateful about anything? :D

If it makes you feel any better, you're my grumpy old bastard. ;)

Level 28
Personally, I give mostly rep for a map/icon/model/skin/...ect, Not just the way I see it, but how The author made it, But usualy I never gived rep for a thread/post, not because I don't like it, but... I don't know??!

Level 28
I'm too far... too far away, I look like a teenager hiver if you look into my post count :ogre_rage:... Also those little ball (reputation) remaind me of that Ipad game : Block Breaker

Edit : I look like Nezgrel with rank : Eye by Eye, Blood by Blood, Loktar ogar.... huh... I used to like the Horde! A long memory... oh yeah!

Last edited:
Level 24
Ah that explains it. Damn awesome, although the Grunt that have followed me for years, will be missed. Such loyalty.

Wish I had the same icon I have on chat though :wsmile: Just because it is awesome.

You have to admit our tauren icons are pretty sweet. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.