• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New User Ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Ranks just remind us of their post count. It's not about activeness, honour and glory.

Level 24
I've been wondering for a while why I had a tauren next to my name all of the sudden, guess I better spam posts. (No not really) But I do think I need to agree with mr Fang on this one, for some people I think this will add a sense of achievement and encourage activity.

Level 24
Actually, DSG is the best guy here in THW, followed by Ralle :D

I don't know if I'd call him the best but he definitely got some valid points. I will say this though, I'd rather see some more portraits in between 1 000 and 10 000 points as clearly there are a lot of portraits that are designed only for DSG.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
a lot of portraits that are designed only for DSG.
Ah, finally people recognize how special I truly am...

They probably should have added them as I reached the limits instead of immediately adding 5 above my post count. That way it would not look like those icons were designed specifically for me (which they in theory were not) and instead that the system was being extended as required.

Many of the icons could be moved down to the 1,500 to 5,000 range since that is more reachable and reasonable for new users.

By the way the post count numbers are incorrectly localized in the image. To quote Wikipedia it should be...
1,234,567.89 | United States, Australia, Canada (English-speaking, unofficial), China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, United Kingdom
But the form currently used by the post...
1.234.567,89 | Turkey, Austria, Brazil, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Indonesia, Italy, Netherlands (currency), Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovenia, Spain (older),[20] Sweden (not recommended)
It is kind of silly for an "English Only" site to be using a non-English form for numbers in images.

Level 24
Ah, finally people recognize how special I truly am...

They probably should have added them as I reached the limits instead of immediately adding 5 above my post count. That way it would not look like those icons were designed specifically for me (which they in theory were not) and instead that the system was being extended as required.

Many of the icons could be moved down to the 1,500 to 5,000 range since that is more reachable and reasonable for new users.

I agree not only because more users would get to acquire the icons but also since the difference in percentage between 2500 and 5000 or 5 000 7 500 are huge in comparison to 27 500 and 30 000.

With that said I could imagine there being 1 portrait at 25 000 and 1 at 30 000 just even it out a bit more.

Level 24
That could be pretty neat

Actually it sound f-ing fabulous I'm all in on that idea. Though as I mentioned earlier put more icons in the 2500 - 10 000 bracket and it isn't necessary to have one icon at 27 500 and one at 30 000.

Roland

R

Roland

I think we should really extend and have more Icon sets exclusive for Dr Super Good :p

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

aw, i can be the old ralle when i hit 15000 post!

what a long way..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
A little something for the future.
2015-12-04%20hive%20rank%20customize.gif

Note: Ignore the star. It was just a test. Perhaps in the future we can allow people to add small widgets to their icon or something. In any case, it will not be used in the forseeable future.

Roland

R

Roland

HOHOHO add some shamans and wolfies on it! WOOO I CAN'T WAIT WEEE

Level 24

Note: Ignore the star. It was just a test. Perhaps in the future we can allow people to add small widgets to their icon or something. In any case, it will not be used in the forseeable future.

Yes, now that is awesome, I can't say you haven't listened to your minions. ^^ Still though, I'd like to see alternative icons in the future, they don't need to be as large in quantity but maybe add 10 undead icons and 10 night elf icons on something along that lines. Also I don't mind that there's an icon for 30 000 posts but please don't have one at 27 500 one at 25 000 and 1 at 22 500 at the same time.

I still just want to say again thanks, this will really helpful for many people. ^^

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40

TAKE MY TAUREN ICON AWAY :(

Nice to see that it is happening.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Who says this will be post counts only?
XenForo has all these options which can make for many different types of "unlocking":
2015-12-04%20Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%2014.43.15.png

But we will start slow. I don't want to add anything which we will later regret.

Oh and ignore "likes" and "trophy points". We will start out by disabling these systems and use reputation.

Level 24
Now that could be a nice way to get alternative icons, through time registered and reputation gained.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Who says this will be post counts only?
XenForo has all these options which can make for many different types of "unlocking":
2015-12-04%20Sk%C3%A6rmbillede%2014.43.15.png

But we will start slow. I don't want to add anything which we will later regret.

Oh and ignore "likes" and "trophy points". We will start out by disabling these systems and use reputation.

Hmmm. Using rep for special icons could be an interesting thing. It might make people care more for not losing their reputation and therefore make them stop posting so much nonsense... Perhaps, theoretically.

Level 24
Hmmm. Using rep for special icons could be an interesting thing. It might make people care more for not losing their reputation and therefore make them stop posting so much nonsense... Perhaps, theoretically.

Yeah, the theoretical world sure is awesome. ^^ It could also put somewhat of a value on reputation so from my point of view it seems great to tie maybe night elf icons to reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.