• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 9
I just finished the latest mission. I hate this mission because it keeps me on edge always and takes long to finish.
I encountered two issues, Bloodstone elites don't target air units even though their description says otherwise, the second thing is the Order of the Lance dialogue first triggered when I killed the leader of the purple orcs then again when I destroyed the base of the Darkmind.
I played it again with cheats to see if it's the same and this time destroyed the Darkmind first then one of the leaders and the same thing happened - though probably because of cheats this time-
Anyway, I love how Zarin and Salana relationship is improving and they consider each other friends instead of allies, and how they reacted after knowing of the coming conflict between Gardon and Genethas. I think this time it's more elaborate how the orcs managed to defeat Selior and the demons crushed everyone.
Can't wait for the next chapter!

Level 20
Just played Green Wave.
Damn ! This map was already solid but it became even better.
The runepriests are a nice addition but the bloodstone elites are just divine !
By the way, will the dwarven warriors (the ones with defend) come back for another clan or is the axeman the new melee unit for all dwarves ?
The faction knowledge asks interesting questions. Will we get to learn more about the rat-things that bother the dwarves ? (Considering by what the previous mission told us, they may be set up by the undead)
The order of the iron lance is a nice addition (seems like the elven civil war will not get easier... unless they can be persuaded to help) and the foreshadowing of the red guard is interesting (I always assumed it existed before the war).
I love that everytime Zarin speaks, it seems like a grand formal speech (I suppose it suits a dwarven king pretty well)

The issue has already been reported but destroying the Drakmind base only causes the order of the iron lance dialogue to trigger again and doesn't complete the quest.

The noose tightens around the imperials. Can't wait for the next chapter !

Last edited:
Level 19
Review of Chapter Two Act Four.

-This new chapter really improves the old one, especially the relation between Salana and Zarin.
-You MUST use the runepriest to halt their attacks, most of the time you are fighting 2-3 factions at once (normally deathbreeze+goldaxe or Darkmind+Deathbreeze)
-Holy shit those reinforcents from king Ragnar, the bloodstone elite are monsters but they just attack ground.
-The order of the Iron Lance didn´t even have a "bigger" unit with name, they are mostly useless but sometimes they defended my base from Skullblade clan. I suppose this order is like the runepriest to the dwarven faction.
-Don´t know about the ironthunder clan but the bloodhand clan was 0-0. Is it a bug?
-This ally maybe the best one in all of the arkain maps (maybe second place to redfist in secret chapter). Salana single-handed defeated the bloodhand clan on his own with a convenient starfall and stall Rath for long enough to destroy his base. I think i couldn´t have defeated the orcs without the elves.
-I think this maybe when the secondary quest start to matter, perhaps killing Dogran, Lokar and Sasrogarn make them unavailable for helping during the final assault to the human fortifications (maybe they are injured or something). But destroying them makes this mission and the final human mission easier (since there are less enemies and Zarin is bigger). So you have to choose if you wanna make the human missions easier or the orcs ones (i would choose any help during the final orc mission rather than in the human).
-No name on that rifleman?
-Salana´s point makes sense, they have to defeat Genethas and then help cleavehand, if Genethas defeats Gardon he will attack Cleavehand from behind.
-How can the flying machines take information from the orcs, gave them to their leaders and then being captured by the wyverns so they can´t warn cleavehand?

Nice Chapter Shar! it really improves from the old version.

Level 29
My review of Chapter Two of act Four
-I am still waiting for Zarin to find out that his brother is "alive"
-It is good to see Salana mentioning Saphira. In the First Human Book she is never mentioned at all
-The Storm Hammer upgrade should have the Z hotkey rather than X
-The Grandmaster Elath dialogue appeared twice: when I destroyed the Bloodhand base and when I destroyed the Darkmind base
-Even though I destroyed the Darkmind Clan base, the Quest is never completed
-Despite what their description says, the Bloodstone Elite cannot attack air units
-Too bad this Elven-Dwarven alliance won't last long
-It is weird that Zarin likes Salana for wanting to change her people for the best, and yet in the "Troubles of the High King" story, he appears to be described as being quite stuck in the old ways concerning some matters
-Well, everything is going exactly as Kersidar planned. An Imperial civil war is about to start, Cleavehand's defenses are about to be overwhelmed and apparently only the Dwarves and Elves (and Undead) seem to be aware of the new Demonic invasion. Plus, the Imperials still have no idea that the orcs aren't just raiding, they are actually invading.

Level 16
The review:
-Not the mission to prefer due to the four bases and Skullblade aerial attack. Those attacks are just monstrous! It is recommended to quickly destroy Bloodhand first with Elven army as they could assist sooner against accursed Ironthunder and Darkmind.
-Nice dwarven army here. Runepriests really helped due to healing rune and barkskin: five of them are enough to buff up your army to stall even two orc armies attacking unitedly. It's recommended to train many Gryphon Riders as most of the Orcs are heavy armored and their anti-air defenses couldn't hurt them properly. Beware of Wyvern riders... they can easily destroy or at least rupture swarms of gryphons. Bloodhand Elites are splendid though they being unable to attack air is what bugged me.
-Order of Iron Lance... I wonder if they will come in handy in Elven Civil War by supporting Ironfist though them also joining Red Guard is possible. Like Lera, however, they could also defect. Elath being representative for Ironfist elves would be a nice choice. There is also a chance of this order of being faced by Keera's undead host in the eastern elven forest war, acting as a vanguard for Teran and supporting Golden Guard; subsequently, they would be obliterated. As for this mission, they facing Skullblade reinforcements would make sense rather than committing suicide assault against Deathbreeze base.
-Love to see Zarin and Salana bond. They would make perfect duo in SB wars though what fate befalling on Salana, sadly, would destroy this bond. Dwarves being not the most dominant force in continent would be resurgence of vermins by maybe Aridon's machinations. Elves and Dwarves joint forces would mean strongest living army of Arkain alongside Imperial Army.
-The battle at border is going to be a fire. Can't wait to play. Maybe a month later, we would be able to play the last chapter. Good luck. :ogre_haosis:

Level 22
Thoughts on the newest chapter:

• Overall, Green Wave was pretty enjoyable this time. It can still take some time to beat, but it doesn't feel as frustrating as before.
  • I chose a slower method by waiting for the elven AI to attack first and then coordinating my attacks with theirs.
  • Mordin, 2 rune priests and the rest being a roughly even split between riflemen/bloodstone elites and Bearriders could pretty much deal with most stuff.
  • Bloodstone elites can't target air units. Destroying the darkmind base doesn't complete the optional quest too.
  • My final choice was not destroying the Darkmind base. I think this might make the orc attack on the imperial frontline slightly easier by giving you or the AI more forces or something like that.
Still recommend at least destroying their fortress to get the bladebane armour though.
- Oh boy, the imperial front is pretty much doomed. The demons will pretty much break through with or without the orc attack under the circumstances Cleavehand's forces are in.

Last edited:
Level 19
Dwarves being not the most dominant force in continent would be resurgence of vermins by maybe Aridon's machinations.
I think the reason were Zyainor. The dwarves are dragon hunters, especially black dragon hunters, until just 40 years ago? Also mira stated that dwarven kind can live a lot of time, but if they couldn´t escape their tunnels because of Zyainor, why would they bother in increasing his Kind, also they share the tunnels with the Vermin.

Now that they are free to fight with the kingdoms they can increase their land, but the war arrived so once they reach an age of peace they could breed tons of dwarves. Sadly the next age of peace is with the new Zyainor so...

Level 20
Still recommend at least destroying their fortress to get the bladebane armour though.
- Oh boy, the imperial front is pretty much doomed. The demons will pretty much break through with or without the orc attack under the circumstances Cleavehand's forces are in.
I mean its ironic that both the human line and the orc attack force find themselves sandwiched, One has the orcs in front and the traitors behind, while the other has what's left of the Human defense line and the undead who will massacre them after they are done with Ornassion.

Humans got the longer end of the stick though...They are trying to defend an overstretched line that has been assaulted numerous time by the demons and has lost (arguably) half of its available manpower to man and hold the line. The fact that they lost the iron-fist, grey-guard, bull regiment, the void-war veterans, Daric and its mercenaries, Lering who holds a precious regiment of pikemen does not bode well for them at all.

@Shar Dundred You did not fix the cheese on this map... For anyone having trouble you can assault the red orc base down south destroy it with relative ease, migrate there with your new base you will never ever be harassed by the other orc clans, they will all attack the elves who will manage to repel them (90% of the time, the other 10% its the unlucky case when salana will go out to attack and her base will be attacked by 2+ clans)

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26

Add the generic orc heroes back in Shar, I know it's been seven fucking years but this I swear to you I can beat them this time. I CAN FUCKING DO IT. LET THE PAIN OF THREE BLADEMASTERS ALL BLADESTORMING YOUR DWARVES AT ONCE BE KNOWN ONCE AGAIN. At least in hard maybe.

Attachments

• jar o dirt.png
    jar o dirt.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
Level 16
Just watching Jay's Death's Approach and suddenly had smth in mind: Since Undead can simply raise and Humans can angelify Demonlords, what about Orcs purifying them with elements (Shamans and Witch Doctors would help lorewise) thus making them akin to orcs (a.k.a green-skinned) OR either making them bondservant to Orc heroes when defeated (presence of Skullblade and Rangul's willingness to adopt other race (Vanessa) would be a good point)

Level 9
I just remembered something. I think it's Zarin who said that the Orc leaders retreated, does that mean that we didn't kill any of them and just drove them back?

Level 29
I just remembered something. I think it's Zarin who said that the Orc leaders retreated, does that mean that we didn't kill any of them and just drove them back?
If we managed to kill an enemy character for good every time we defeated them in a mission, then the characters would be dropping like flies.

My guess is that, by defeating them in this mission, the orcs will have less troops to attack Cleavehand's defenses.

Level 9
Just watching Jay's Death's Approach and suddenly had smth in mind: Since Undead can simply raise and Humans can angelify Demonlords, what about Orcs purifying them with elements (Shamans and Witch Doctors would help lorewise) thus making them akin to orcs (a.k.a green-skinned) OR either making them bondservant to Orc heroes when defeated (presence of Skullblade and Rangul's willingness to adopt other race (Vanessa) would be a good point)
Orcs have necromancers of their own, Neophytes I believe their name is. They can raise Orc skeletons from corpses

If we managed to kill an enemy character for good every time we defeated them in a mission, then the characters would be dropping like flies.

My guess is that, by defeating them in this mission, the orcs will have less troops to attack Cleavehand's defenses.
Good point, I thought that because the quest said to "kill" them if I'm not mistaken.

Level 20
Orcs have necromancers of their own, Neophytes I believe their name is. They can raise Orc skeletons from corpses
I think at best their necromancy is considered Crude by the standards of what humans and undead can do I doubt orcs possess strong enough necromancers to control reanimated Demon leaders.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
@Shar Dundred You did not fix the cheese on this map... For anyone having trouble you can assault the red orc base down south destroy it with relative ease, migrate there with your new base you will never ever be harassed by the other orc clans, they will all attack the elves who will manage to repel them (90% of the time, the other 10% its the unlucky case when salana will go out to attack and her base will be attacked by 2+ clans)
That's no "cheese". Why else would Saphira attack the Bloodhand base? She is not taking that one herself.
While I considered to make her do that in some way, I added the Order of the Iron Lance on an island instead
to give that safe spot.
If you want to move your entire base there, that is your own decision. Cheap tactics maybe, but not cheese. :^)
Add the generic orc heroes back in Shar, I know it's been seven fucking years but this I swear to you I can beat them this time. I CAN FUCKING DO IT. LET THE PAIN OF THREE BLADEMASTERS ALL BLADESTORMING YOUR DWARVES AT ONCE BE KNOWN ONCE AGAIN. At least in hard maybe.
No. Instead I am taking Spell Resistance away from you. :p
I hope you will enjoy the next update!
Orcs have no Demonlords behind trees though! :p

Level 29
I have just replayed the mission.

I just noticed something.
The Dwarven melee unit is called Axeman, but, in the upgrades in the Blacksmith, they are called Warriors.
Sorry for only noticing it now.

While this mission is already difficult and have two Optional Quests, I just had an idea for another. Destroying the Bestiaries of the Skullblade Clan, which could further weaken the orcs once they are to attack Cleavehand. If a player was to choose to favor the Imperials' side over the Orcs, that would be kind of cool.

By the way, I just noticed the irony of Zarin saying that the orcs are nuts if they think that one race alone can stand against the might of an entire continent. Considering that, by the end of the Second Void War, he has isolated the Dwarves from the rest of Arkain and doesn't even seem to bother with the fact that Zyainor is getting more and more powerful and wil eventually take over the entire continent.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
By the way, I just noticed the irony of Zarin saying that the orcs are nuts if they think that one race alone can stand against the might of an entire continent. Considering that, by the end of the Second Void War, he has isolated the Dwarves from the rest of Arkain and doesn't even seem to bother with the fact that Zyainor is getting more and more powerful and wil eventually take over the entire continent.
Well, the Orcs are actually invading, the Dwarves are sticking to their realm.

Level 29
Well, the Orcs are actually invading, the Dwarves are sticking to their realm.

Well, yeah. But taking into consideration that Gardon is not one to neither forget nor forgive, Zarin should have quickly realized that it is inevitable that Zyainor will eventually invade. And rather than seeking allies or trying to make amends, he just sits on his throne.

All the while both Zyainor and the Dominion get stronger. Imagine if the non-agression pact turns into an actual alliance. Gardon wants to punish the Dwarves for siding with the Golden Guard and for being enemies with the Dragons, and the Dominion would certainly seek revenge since the Dwarves supported the Redfist. Even if these two factions don't officially ally, they can still attack the Dwarves from more than one front and later split their lands.

Like he said in this mission, what can a race alone do against the might of a whole continent? Dozens of races will have a grudge towards the Dwarves by the end of the Second Void War. And rather than listening to his daughter's suggestions, he is letting his own race be surrounded by enemies from all sides.

Level 20
@LISBOAH
Will have to disagree here with you, the dwarfs self imposed isolation did not come as a result of them being egoistic or confident, they were forced into it. Their ally the golden guard got defeated, the Elf are nothing but a vassal state of Gardon, Gardon itself tried to mind control them too, what's even worse he brought back the Black Dragons which dwarfs have a long history fighting with, the remaining Kingdoms even though a potential ally to help create a fifth power on Arkain are unreliable, Dorte went and allied with Gardon during the Golden guard-Iron fist showdown then got the shaft. Their only way of surviving is locking them selves up inside their mountain forts, try and fight off the vermin and hope Gardon,Demons,Aridon and The Dominion tear each-other up and leave the dwarfs alone...

Edit: Gardon does not have allies...He only has vassals, an alliance with Gardon isn't ever going to happen.

Level 29
@LISBOAH
Will have to disagree here with you, the dwarfs self imposed isolation did not come as a result of them being egoistic or confident, they were forced into it. Their ally the golden guard got defeated, the Elf are nothing but a vassal state of Gardon, Gardon itself tried to mind control them too, what's even worse he brought back the Black Dragons which dwarfs have a long history fighting with, the remaining Kingdoms even though a potential ally to help create a fifth power on Arkain are unreliable, Dorte went and allied with Gardon during the Golden guard-Iron fist showdown then got the shaft. Their only way of surviving is locking them selves up inside their mountain forts, try and fight off the vermin and hope Gardon,Demons,Aridon and The Dominion tear each-other up and leave the dwarfs alone...

Edit: Gardon does not have allies...He only has vassals, an alliance with Gardon isn't ever going to happen.
While I concede that the Dwarves were right in mistrusting Gardon, they should have taken into account:
-The Golden Guard had no trouble in letting the entire continent be overwhelmed by the Demons. They only rebelled when the "Emperor" ordered them to stay. Even the excuse of "they were just following orders" is not enough since this would be pretty much genocide by negligence at best. And Sir Praxeus saying that the Cannon was to save humanity is pure BS because both van Durce and Marin, its builder, pretty much admitted that it was only a temporary measure to stall the Demons while the Golden Guard and the Elves evacuated
-The Elven Queen was about to send her entire race to the other side of the sea to evade the Demons. Gardon may have brainwashed some elves, including Salana, but thanks to that there are more soldiers available to defend Arkain from the Demons. Plus, the Elves abandoning Arkain could be seen as betrayal to both the Kingdoms and the Dwarves.
-The Black Dragons, I will concede to you.
-The other Kingdoms didn't choose Gardon out of greed or oversight. They chose Gardon over van Durce because the latter was an obnoxious prick that felt no remorse in abandoning the whole continent at the mercy of the Demons' mercy. Not to mention that the Golden Guard supported Retka's rebellion, a rebellion that engulfed two kingdoms and costed the lives of thousands, civilians included, simply to get rid of Gardon. They don't put effort in fighting the demons, but they had no trouble in supporting traitors, rebels and marauders. Back then, Dorten had no idea of Gardon's agenda, and he would be a fool to choose van Durce over Gardon.

My theory is that Zarin wasn't unaware of most of what I just stated either because his sources were few, the Golden Guard made sure that he wouldn't know or maybe because he focused more on the evil Gardon commited rather than the good.

Even if Gardon resorted to brainwashing, he nonetheless still wanted to save the continent, while the Golden Guard only truly started to care after realizing that they were stuck on the ship that was going to sink. Gardon may have been an evil, but he was an evil that could bring results. At the very least, Zarin could have chosen to make the Dwarves neutral during the Golden Guard - Ironfist conflict.

Level 19
My theory is that Zarin wasn't unaware of most of what I just stated either because his sources were few, the Golden Guard made sure that he wouldn't know or maybe because he focused more on the evil Gardon commited rather than the good.
Since in the true story his relationship with the elves have improved, perhaps he had some informant about what happened in the elven forest.
My guess is Mira Trueshot, Salana left alone to talk with Gardon and then Gardon attacked the queen loyalists, so maybe he left to talk to the dwarfs in order to get help. Maybe that´s why Zarin know what happened there, so he could kick Birran out. The other option he had to stop Gardon and take revenge on Salana (even before getting an alliance with the black dragons) was the Golden Guard.

Also Zarin in that moment had to stay with his kind, they were overwhelmed by the Vermin and lost many castles to them.

Even if Gardon resorted to brainwashing, he nonetheless still wanted to save the continent, while the Golden Guard only truly started to care after realizing that they were stuck on the ship that was going to sink. Gardon may have been an evil, but he was an evil that could bring results. At the very least, Zarin could have chosen to make the Dwarves neutral during the Golden Guard - Ironfist conflict.
I´m positive that Zarin didn´t know that the Golden Guard was going to leave with only the elves, so he thought that helping Van Durce was the right call since they were protecting them with the cannon.

Level 29
I´m positive that Zarin didn´t know that the Golden Guard was going to leave with only the elves, so he thought that helping Van Durce was the right call since they were protecting them with the cannon.
I had the exact same thoughts during that chapter.
It was weird seeing Zarin criticizing Gardon and choosing to side with the Golden Guard. I mean, did anyone tell him that his precious elven friends were about to leave the continent, leaving his race and the rest of the kingdoms to fend for themselves? And that his Golden Guard allies supported a rebellion on two kingdoms simply to get rid of one guy, the Emperor's own brother might I add, and were planning to leave the continent?

Level 19
It was weird seeing Zarin criticizing Gardon and choosing to side with the Golden Guard. I mean, did anyone tell him that his precious elven friends were about to leave the continent, leaving his race and the rest of the kingdoms to fend for themselves? And that his Golden Guard allies supported a rebellion on two kingdoms simply to get rid of one guy, the Emperor's own brother might I add, and were planning to leave the continent?
Probably not. Also the dwarfs were the ones stopping the demons while all the Humans and allies were fighting each other.
However i think Zarin wouldn´t have supported Gardon´s cause. He saw what happened to the elves, so the dwarfs would have remained neutral during the conflict to make sure they wouldn´t get brainwashed like the elves.

Level 20
@LISBOAH

Well Mvicio said it pretty much, dwarfs were uninformed of Golden guards intents. I'd still wager that Zarin would be content with the Golden Guard ending (The one were the two lost kingdoms are never fully recovered but the demon invasion is halted) as king of the dwarfs his foremost interest is that of securing his own people. Under Gardon they would be exploited if put bluntly, if I recall one of Shar posts way way way back in time he stated that Dwarfs unlike elves possess large manpower and capable military (as shown by the fact that they could afford to both fight the demons and orcs and participate in the Golden guard Iron fist showdown) I'd say that behind the Empire and the Demons the dwarfs might have been the third most powerful faction (before the books story take place) In Zarin's case he is dammed if he choses to side with Gardon, he'll condemn his race to a future of exploitation, and dammed if he does not side with Gardon as his race will eventually die due to attrition of fighting a multiple front defensive war.

As for his stance towards the remaining Kingdoms, You could argue that he is acting rasher than necessary, the kingdoms got the shaft too after Gardon proclaimed himself emperor of Arkain, he could have been more lenient towards them for sure, 1 ally is better than non especially when his realm is surrounded by Gardon from north and Amari down south.

Zarin case isn't a black and white one. Whichever way you spin it he ends up in the losing side. He chose to die standing on his own two feet rather than on his knees.

Level 20
Than this complicates things on who will participate on the civil war AND it actually makes orcs look even stronger if they manage to beat all that...

Level 19
So. Cleavehand, fergon, kerros, zoia, berengar, grenan the firesummoner and prideblade... + The undead. Where is aveen?

Against most of orcs generals and then the Demons. Holy shit this Will be a massacre.

I Hope we can use Zairmak too, 3 heroes IS not enough against that amount of generals. At least 3 will survive.

Level 29
So. Cleavehand, fergon, kerros, zoia, berengar, grenan the firesummoner and prideblade... + The undead. Where is aveen?
She could have joined Gardon. The Falcon Regiment is meant to be some sort of hunting and scouting force, right? They have little use in a defensive position.
Against most of orcs generals and then the Demons. Holy shit this Will be a massacre.
The ones that will win the most from this are the Undead. Imagine all the corpses they will get from this.

But yeah, I agree. Imagine if corpses didn't fade away from the map. Oh boy...
I Hope we can use Zairmak too, 3 heroes IS not enough against that amount of generals. At least 3 will survive.
We will probably have more than 3. Rangul, Vanessa, Zairmak. We might even control the Darkmind female survivor even..

Last edited:
Level 12
Point withdrawn then...

Though I hope she survives...
She survive, that's what the short story said at least(but who knows what will happen in the second part), I wonder why will happen with general prideblade because the bearman will bite the dust

BTW, The orcs are total psychos! The will face wolf dudes, bear dudes, poor's man dragons, phoenix, bowmasters, bodybuilders, fire mages, paladins, whatever seilor has as an army, and undeads. Even without all the forces that frontline is awful strong, that the orcs win that battle is fault of the imperials themself.

Level 19
The ones that will win the most from this are the Undead. Imagine all the corpses they will get from this.

But yeah, I agree. Imagine if corpses didn't fade away from the map. Oh boy...
They dont dissapear in the Lore. However the Demons know about the undead so they burn the corpses anyway.

We will probably have more than 3. Rangul, Vanessa, Zairmak. We might even control the Darkmind female survivor even..
Rangul rath and Vanessa 100%. Dunno about Zairmak. And the rest wille either be allies or not appear at all (since we dont have any forest trolls some clan will lose most of his forces)

Lokar will probably survive, the destroyer as well. Not sure about Dogran and Gorthog (having Gorthog during the dominion could be troublesome but they need someone to Tame the red dragons too)

Even without all the forces that frontline is awful strong, that the orcs win that battle is fault of the imperials themself
Yes, indeed. Because the traitor.
If blen, harmos both the dwarven and elven units. All the ironfist with their necromancers and tree budies, merlon, lerrig and daric with their merceneries were there. They could have stopped the orcs.
The undead would stopped the Demons anyway.

Level 29
They dont dissapear in the Lore. However the Demons know about the undead so they burn the corpses anyway.
No, I meant in the actual map we play. Imagine if the corpse of every unit killed during the gameplay didn't vanish.
Rangul rath and Vanessa 100%. Dunno about Zairmak. And the rest wille either be allies or not appear at all (since we dont have any forest trolls some clan will lose most of his forces)
That could depend on whether we completed the Optional Quests on the Green Wave mission or not.
Yes, indeed. Because the traitor.
If blen, harmos both the dwarven and elven units. All the ironfist with their necromancers and tree budies, merlon, lerrig and daric with their merceneries were there. They could have stopped the orcs.
If not for Genethas, the orcs would have been crushed and forced to retreat, and would head straight to the demons. In the meantime, the Redfists are burning their islands to the ground.
So, in a way, Genethas may have saved orc kind from extinction.

I bet the Salrians and Redfists would have even more reasons to hate Genethas.
The undead would stopped the Demons anyway.
In the First Books, the undead have been able to defeat the Bloodrinker Legion, but the Souleater was another different matter.
Though it could be theorized that Kersidar only launched the invasion after Ornassion weakened the undead, so it can be possible that the undead might have won if they hadn't dealt with the Bloodrinker Legion before.

Level 3
Can i say that i love the fact that once you get to play him, Lerrig is like one of the strongest heroes? (mofo got super busted War Aura and Chain Heal). Also, I like the interpretation that he hired those mercenaries to learn. Say what you want but Lerrig needs his own storyline :xxd:

Level 29
Can i say that i love the fact that once you get to play him, Lerrig is like one of the strongest heroes? (mofo got super busted War Aura and Chain Heal). Also, I like the interpretation that he hired those mercenaries to learn. Say what you want but Lerrig needs his own storyline :xxd:
I would say that the mercenaries working for him need it more.

During the Second Orc Book, I felt only pity for them. They were all good people, they didn't even harbor noticeable hatred towards the orcs and their allies. They were sent by Lerrig to hunt the orcs down. Like Logan said, they could have focused on the Demons, but rather they were ordered by Lerrig to go after the orcs simply because he wanted revenge for being forced to flee. And then they were forced to partner with the Redfists, one of the most morbid factions in the plot.

Like Gardon says, it is a damn shame that Lerrig survived, while so many good soldiers and commanders died after Genethas' betrayal. Imagine Daric's group under Gardon's command.

Level 19
I bet the Salrians and Redfists would have even more reasons to hate Genethas.
The salrians didnt cared about the orcs until they helped the centaurs in their war.

Though it could be theorized that Kersidar only launched the invasion after Ornassion weakened the undead, so it can be possible that the undead might have won if they hadn't dealt with the Bloodrinker Legion before.
Unless it is changed. Only 2 Nexus defeated the bloodrinker legion + heroes. Maybe they couldnt stop 2 legions with only 2 nexus.

They were all good people, they didn't even harbor noticeable hatred towards the orcs and their allies.
Well. If you are a mercenary you have to fight anything your contract said, if you dont want to fight orcs and fight Demons you could leave.