1. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by LickMyEyeBall, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Only the light melee bearman was removed. The caster and gladiator was kept.

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Dragon Lancers were cut for the same reason they were cut in the First Orc Book: They are too powerful.
    When originally created back then they were never supposed to become a player unit and I still
    don't want to change the unit. It will get its time to shine, but not in the Second Books.
    The world is not ready for them yet. ;)

Regarding Bearmen, as @Championfighter25 said, only the weak melee variant was removed.
    A few cuts had to be made (some are behind the scenes stuff that you did not even know would
    have been an option) and I had decided to remove some unneccessary units like the Bearman and instead
    have the Gladiator trained directly.
    Elders are still a thing too ofc.

3. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, on that we can agree, the unit was definitely too good. Given its food cost it overpowered both troll headhunters and axethrowers.

Cant resist to ask why were ogres stripped of the same treatment? I mean Overlord is pretty much a larger Mauler. Not that I dislike the presence of those two, just curious.
    Also thanks for adjusting the food costs.

4. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And many melee units too.

Nothing wrong with asking. :)
    There is quite the power difference between Bearman/Gladiator and Mauler/Overlord.
    Bearmen pretty much were a new "medium/normal" melee unit - and you already got a few of
    those like Grunts, Marauders and Brawlers - quite the selection.
    At the same time, the race of Bearmen is completely optional so it felt logical to make cuts here
    rather than the others, plus ogres being a more numerous race.
    There may be concerns regarding the Command Aura of Overlords but I would still say that it adds
    more usefulness to the unit. They can serve as powerful leader/buff-kind units, like Kodo Beasts,
    Greywolves, Lieutenants or Overseers. Unlike the other units of its kind, however, the Overlord
    also is pretty powerful on its own as well.

5. lekxman22

lekxman22

Resources:
    Resources:
    Shar i know i am out of question but when will we get more tales of arkhain

6. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am happy that you people enjoy the Tales of Arkain, I enjoy them myself as well as they are a simple way to add some lore to Arkain.
    Due to the focus on the Second Orc Book and its production, they currently have a rather low priority.
    I have some ideas, however, and may write a bit during the next few weeks, but no promises. I would not release a short story that I do not like, else we would have at least 50% more but lower quality short stories than we have right now. ;)

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alright, I finnaly had the time to play these new chapters

Screw that wizard Zelech. All those threats and he flees when he loses, while his men are slaughtered. All bark and no bite, like they say. the Gnolls wer right for distrusting him. Oh yeah, like they would trust in the guys that just attacked the gnolls without provocation and kidnap their king!

While I now sympathize more with Duke Volarian, he is still a douche. His hatred for the orcs might be justified, but he has gone out of proportions and become even worse than them. The orcs might pillage, but their goal is not outright genocide of other races. Plus, it is not justification to have been a horrible father to Aedale and her siblings. I hope his death is even worse than on the Second Human Book!

And screw Zarin too. Blame Queen Renova for the entire situation of your brother's death!

So basically Rangul's first mission led to a chain of events that led to the creation of an army of genocidal humans, Aedale's horrible childhood which led to her corruption, the near extinction of the orc race and now his death.

I knew Brian wasn't actually Brian! I knew that he was simply the Shadowed One in a mortal's body. Is the affection he holds towards Gardon truly his or is it remnants of his host?

So Duke is the main villain for the Second Orc Book?

8. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    By the looks of it, yes. Though he'll be killed soon, either by Aedale or Amari, Sasrogarn and Grofzag. After he's taken care of, the dominion will face a much bigger threat.

9. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    He should feel lucky that his death might be merciful.

If he was facing me, death would be a mercy.

10. Klaus-47

Klaus-47

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fire golems in the first five minutes of map is rude.

Fire golems in the first five minutes of a map without prior warning is very rude.

Fire golems in the first five minutes of a map when you just got five new units that you might be preoccupied with examining the stats and attributes of the aforementioned units? Now that feels like bad design.

11. lloyd2422

lloyd2422

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wonder if we will have a orc vs orc chapter when the winner gets to be the warchief (the player gets to pick which side to play on like gardon vs van durce) , since there was a poll asking us who is most fitting to be the leader of the orcs. Maybe in that map, some remnants of darkmind clan or the karskin (since that was a choice in the earlier map). What do you think?

12. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Considering how much Sasrogarn and Amari dislike each other, yes, we should get an orc vs orc chapter where they fight for who will be leader of the dominion.

13. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    I just played the Eleventh Chapter

Shar, what is your problem with Sasrogarn? Because you are clearly making him more unlikeable with every new chapter! Now we find out that he has been taking credit of others' accomplishments! Say whatever you want with van Durce or Duke Redfist but they at least reached their positions for being skilled in what they do!
    Why Grofzag puts up with him I don't know.

How hypocritical heartwarming for Zora. Reminds me of Miranda in 'The Dark Knight Rises'. 'I hated my father but since you killed him, you have to pay!" :D

Is Taray and the Guardians of Lightning mentioned in either the Second Human Book or on Tales of Arkain? I don't recall.

So I fear that there might be a civil war next chapter. Unless Grofzag finnaly gets fed up with Sasrogarn and leaves him, making him practically powerless.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  14. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You are saying that as if it is a bad thing. ;)
    Van Durce is an arrogant bastard, but an effective one. Redfist is ah.... Well, he is Redfist, he knows how to get shit done.
    Not yet!
    Yet. ;)
    Could you blame Grofzag if he did that?

15. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sas, no matter how incompetent, I feel bad for. Well, at least he won't have to worry about anything pretty soon. All the kingdom takeovers and invasion repelling will be done by someone else.
    The reveal to Amari and Grofzag came a bit earlier than I expected. 2 heroes and their reinforcements are always welcome, but I thought it would happen in interlude 4. Guess another surprise may be awaiting us then.

Well, I mean he is betraying a frien... ''his close friend Sasrogarn - the friendship being the one thing whispered to be the only mistake he has ever made''
    Nevermind. That turned it from a yes to a no.

16. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Feel bad for him?

van Durce and Duke Redist are more worthy of your pity than him. van Durce had some admirable traits and he felt regret for what he had done and Redfist had a dark past that explains his current personality, even if he clearly went overboad.

They were wise and clever enough to go and warn them right after the incident. Having a part of your forces unaware of the current situation is something that should be avoided. Plus, Sasrogarn could have taken advantage to claim control over the Dominion.

17. Rhapsodie

Rhapsodie

Resources:
    Resources:
    In conclusion to chapter eleven, besides Grofzag ( who will most likely betray Sasrogarn ) i don t see anyone else to support Sas.
    I first thought about Oneye,him being very loyal towards Rangul ,like a moral duty to fight for his son aswell but that theory ended now.
    Zairmak is questionable, and probably Pechan if Sasrogarn tries to bribe him somehow (don t think Pechan cares to much as long as he gets money )

18. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    So four(five) chapters, one interlude and one epilogue remaining.

Wow. It took 1 year (well, outside of your big hiatus) to finish SHB, and it took what, 2-3 months here.

Anyways, where did Zora go?

19. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    She fled most likely.

It doesn't matter. Her fleets are gone and now that the Dominion forces are on the mainland any advantage she might still had means nothing.

20. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just played the Chapter Twelve.

Boy it was hard. Luckily Amari and company came with the Gnolls and Harpies. And then those Bonelords decide to attack us.

I spared Logan and his men. I have no reasons to hate Logan. He may be the most logical and likeable human till now in this campaign. Lol, Sasrogarn likes talking but apparently he couldn't even beat Logan in a one-on-one fight, what a loser!

What are the requirements for the Secret Mission Shar?