1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by LickMyEyeBall, Jan 25, 2018.

1. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well to me, it was not surprising. And no, we don't know how it will end.

Pretty sure, the main race will always win in his book. Like, Human book => Humanity wins.
    In Orc Book, well pretty sure Domination will wins.

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    True, true.
    While the Redfist is rather.... "passionate" (fanatical, zealous, name your poison really) about
    their war against the Orcs in the name of humanity, they consider themselves more the avengers
    of the dead than as protectors of the living. They re controlled by their own hatred.
    As Grella said "I can sense that your heart is filled with pain and regret, Human, leading your
    mind to rage and hatred." and "It is a shame that your heart has been corrupted by your own emotions".
    I am not excusing their behaviour, they are fanatical butchers of ANYONE who either is an Orc
    or alligned to the Orcs in any way (or in the case of some unhappy villagers, those who are
    trading with the Orcs' allies, they really like to burn everything down), but they became what
    they are now not just because they felt like it.
    Yep.
    I am not going to argue with that logic, but people like @Championfighter25 may disagree on the
    "Humanity wins" part for the Second Human Book. :D
    He even used to have two sons who are dead by now! So THAT is NOT an issue. :p

3. Tuwnew

Tuwnew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, perhaps not "Humanity", but our main characters.

4. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Humans won in their book, but their victory was not 100% due to the Undeads' intervention. So I am guessing that the Dominion's victory will also not be absolute.

5. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    If they can use the canon to get all the land the humans lost from the demons, that will be an enormous victory regardless. And they probably will, at least temporarily.

6. KuraTheKura20033002

KuraTheKura20033002

Resources:
    Resources:
    Redfist fraction is kinda like Scarlet Crusade doesn't it?

7. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not really. The Scarlet Crusade's actions were a mixture of warped good intentions, demonic corruption and religious fervor (except one or two douches). The Redfist are guided simply by hatred and thirst for revenge.

8. lekxman22

lekxman22

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love Redfist faction but not their intention :)

9. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They are using Scarlet Crusade models and also are rather fanatical so the factions were bound to be compared, but as @LISBOAH stated, that's pretty much where the similarities end. And the color red + fanatism is nothing new, really.
    Redfist got no demonic influence involved and is not religious. They are united by their leader Duke Volarian Redfist and by their hatred against all Orcs.
    I would say that this and many other things will become easier to see once I finally get to work on the Faction Sheets.

10. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The FINAL DEMO of the Second Orc Book is going to be released later today!
    Stay tuned! ;)

11. OblivionDeadra

OblivionDeadra

Resources:
    Resources:
  12. Hardric62

Hardric62

Resources:
    Resources:
    What he said. I was ready to bet SOB would be finished before the end of April on Jayborino's Discord... Guess I was off by one month (Yeah, I know 'only' Final Demo, but still...).

I d take to be so productive, Shar, but I know I'd need at least one dose or two of that.

13. Verb8im

Verb8im

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm curious to know who Commander Varan, I think his name was, is. Like, why wasn't it just Birram or Theoden?

Also, is there any way to choose between Sasrogarn and Amari, or is Amari always going to be Warchief?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  14. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Birram was on his way back to Gardon after not having been able to convince Zarin to join Gardon and Theoden is not really part of Gardon's Inner circle (Thanok was not there because he was making preparations and yelling at soldiers). Varan can be considered Merlon's replacement.
    If you want to know more about him, he appears in the short stories Cold War, Espionage, and Heirs of Zyainor (The Archer & Grave Wardens) in Tales of Arkain. All of these take place long after the Second Books though, but Cold War and Grave Wardens have a short paragraph about his background too.

Having a choice there was a consideration once but let's face it, Sasrogarn does not deserve that. ;)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  15. lekxman22

lekxman22

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would Love to know who leads Black Fists :)

16. KuraTheKura20033002

KuraTheKura20033002

Resources:
    Resources:
    how much later do you mean?

17. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    Midnight CET :p

18. KuraTheKura20033002

KuraTheKura20033002