• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 10
I will admit that what would be going on with the Second undead Book is the most interesting thing to me, for the new mechanics, 'factions' lore tied to it...

But I'm not married to the position, if working on True Story can help you make progress without going through levels of stress and frustrations which would likely ruin the enjoyment for you, while harming the maps' quality because, welp, it never helps quality when the task becomes a chore, then True Story all the way.

Level 12
I voted for the True story too

I will honest, i dont like the arkain's undead and their first book its the worst to me, the only things I liked was the faceless mistery resolved and the naval battle.

A upgrade first books its better for the brackground.

Level 20
Well...Not gonna lie one of the main factors that hooked me into LoA it was its rich story in comparison to the other projects of the time and of now,but then again...I'd like to play the book as well...Thing is...I always saw the stories as complementary of the books,they go together really well ...So i think the books do deserve to have their second trilogy completed.

Looking at the poll seems like there is an equal support for both so i'd say each one of them its on high demand.

Not to mention the new race mechanic seems interesting as well...I'd like to see how its gonna be implemented and how we can utilize it.

Then again Shar holds the final word.

Level 3
In any case you decide NOT release the Second Undead Book, maybe you can tell us the story...

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

You shoudnt emphasize race mechanics tbh, Shar. They were a nice addition to SHB, but in my opinion they should remain just that.

Level 5
I voted for SUB I rly love them and i am rdy to wait even if it takes a year or two
I am not agasint True Story but smh i am not feeling that happy as i would be with SUB sry Shar if it makes it harder for ya.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Ladies and gentlemen, it seems our troubled production isn't quite so troubled anymore. Shar has managed to stop chapter one of the SUB from crashing and the solution to such... has us both looking at old maps with exasperation. We "think" we've figured out why chapter three of the second human book crashed so much over the years and it just makes me want to flip a table and Shar to re-open the hell gates.

We'll get back to you tomorrow with additional results but it looks like we've got it.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I have decided that I would, finally, share some pictures of Chapter One after having kept
you all waiting for so long. ;)
One is cinematic, one is gameplay, courtesy of @Kasrkin.
full

full

Ornasion knows how to pose. =P

Last edited:
Level 10
I have decided that I would, finally, share some pictures of Chapter One after having kept

And both of them look quite interesting.

Interesting that the fun starts with Ornassion so soon. And I like the troops he has around him, looks quite the assortment of undead factions: Specters/Revenants, Possessed Humans, Undead Demons, the skeletal things based off Tauren Spirit Walkers, that black-armored warrior looking like it uses a Blood Guard as basis... I wanna dig into that toybox!

Level 20
Shout out to the single "Human" unit on that bunch...He must be feeling lonely...Being the smallest and the only Human on retinue.

Level 29
full

full

Ornasion knows how to pose. =P

The last picture is like:

Ornassion: "Me and the boys preparing to kick some demon ass."

Level 10
Gonna start discussing what units are visible and what can be guessed on the new screenshots posted today:

The Skeleton Felguards look like a 3 food, 950 HPs. Solid meatshields for a frontline, and look nice.
Dark Elves Units are likely 2 food, leaving these Dark Spellbreakers with 4 food, and maybe a Vampiric Auras. Looking forward about knowing more about the rest of the toolbox.

Looks like more squatters are ruining the Undead's tunnels. And that Dark Elves support isn't as monolithic as the fanatism they displayed in other books could have led to believe. Or at least Driders will need a few swats to comply.

Level 29
for some reason i feel like rahandir will actually betray aridon... at this point i wouldn't be surprised. or even cora

I don't believe Rahandir will betray Aridon, unless Aridon tries to get rid of him. He even says in the FHB that Aridon had several opportunities to betray him, but he didn't.

And Cora? Well, that depends on her lust for power. She really is Aedale's sister, huh?

Level 19
Rahandir wont betray Aridon, He can do as he please as long he dont mess with the balance and follow Aridon's orders. Maybe he is an independent undead but i think that is as loyal as Krom.

Also about cora, how can a living being survive in the dead mountain?

Level 4
...so if my brain is thinking logically...what i'm thinking is going to happen is this. aedale/lisara (in the dredlord form) vs cora in a new form that we are yet to see aka undead form...and we might even have a surprise visit form orie in that case. (yes i butchered most of the names) but yea i'd be willing to see this fight go down

Level 20
also mushrooms from underground tunnels.

Cora gonna ride them tidal waves really really HIGH.

@KingSlender

Not trying to ruin your vibe or something but...Arkain tends to be a rather unpredictable when involving the fate of core characters then again,If i had to give my guess they all three will go towards their own ways Cora will probably be used by the undeads as a spy,the very same way they use Lord Margazar,Aedale...Hell i dont even know what its gonna happened to her she is one of the characters that has gone through Up and Downs alot you never know what else she might pull off.

As for the third sister the psychic one we dont know that much...To actually speculate what she might do.

Edit:All three of them seem to have potential to achieve greatness but lack the iron will to do so...If i had to take a hunch...They might end up as pawns to their respective masters and that will be it but then again all three of em are Redfist's daughters so you never know.Their half-sister seems to be the wisest one despite being raised by a bunch of Barbarians(Sadly her presence isnt as huge in the second orc book :/ )

Last edited:
Level 5
Shar Splendid Work i am impressed At how it looks
My oppinion on chapter is :
- Its difficulty could be a bit harder
- U can Lower gold in Gold mine its un nessecary
- A bit more HP on ornasion he easily dies first
- Icebreaker or whatever the name they are usless as frontline they die in a sec
Well that was my oppinion on chapter
Anyway it was splendid work as always Shar and Kasa.

Level 20
Am I the only one who finds it funny that Ornassion even in death cant seem to escape from politics?
Also i find it equally funny that Oranssion,which i am assuming like Rahandir posses a free will, and its a demon and demons always aspire to be at the top,its paired up with a Nerubian whose sole purpose its to be nothing more than a slave.

I am loving the fact that we will have politics EVEN on the undead book,i am a sucker for scheming and plotting.

While totally okay with the vanilla kit of the Crypt Lord,after all(lore wise) he is nothing but a slave and isn't supposed to be special in any way I am kinda dissapointed on Oranssion's skill set.(Ofc this might be subject to change so lets hope it does)

Level 29
Am I the only one who finds it funny that Ornassion even in death cant seem to escape from politics?

Poor guy...

Also i find it equally funny that Oranssion,which i am assuming like Rahandir posses a free will, and its a demon and demons always aspire to be at the top,its paired up with a Nerubian whose sole purpose its to be nothing more than a slave.

I don't think Ornassion has complete free will. Even if he holds a bloodthirsty grudge towards the other demons, he may still hold towards Aridon as well. The reason he seems obedient is because his hatred towards his former kin eclipses all the rest.

While totally okay with the vanilla kit of the Crypt Lord,after all(lore wise) he is nothing but a slave and isn't supposed to be special in any way I am kinda dissapointed on Oranssion's skill set.(Ofc this might be subject to change so lets hope it does)

I kind of agree. Ornassion should be brute strength. While a Command Aura seems ok lore-wise since he was a commander of a brute-like legion, and Rain of Fire is acceptable, Death Pact doesn't seem fitting. Ornassion doesn't seem the type that will resort to kill others in order to stay alive, especially after he was betrayed by his own brethren.

Level 20
I don't think Ornassion has complete free will. Even if he holds a bloodthirsty grudge towards the other demons, he may still hold towards Aridon as well. The reason he seems obedient is because his hatred towards his former kin eclipses all the rest.

I kinda bassed this thought on the trailer and what the Cryptlord said to him ofc i might be over reaching!

For one id love Ornassion and Crypt lord get more screentime together they seem like a unlikely duo but i kinda like em working together.

Level 12

Chapter 1 or 2 spoilers
Ornassion: Finally as an undead, i will never deal with politics nonsenses
Aridon: A btw, your first mission will be resolving a political problem in a dark elf cat fight
Ornassion: dammit!

Rain of Fire is acceptable, Death Pact doesn't seem fitting

I disagree, Ornasion dont need rain of fire, because waste the critical hit of his orb. And death pact can save him but in this level you can only sacrifice the beettle or the skeletal minion.

I feel Ornasion too squishy, maybe the slasher do good dps, but the "Destroyer's armor" is immolation cape, where is my armor?

BTW, starfall top tier spell

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
The chapter is a standalone, so you don't have the items and possible tomes you would normally have by three. So they can have a tendency to die fast.

- Icebreaker or whatever the name they are usless as frontline they die in a sec

They're not meant for frontline work, merely support just like the Greywolves or other unit leader variations. Combine their vampiric aura with the obsidian statue heal and your armies will be living for a while.... no joke intended. I'd say only have one or two.

And you have no idea how happy it makes me to see someone else ask for the difficulty to be increased.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
The chapter was really fun:
Pros.
-Sister Pentiss set reminds me of grella, a really strong hero with an decisive aura
-Finally playing as Ornasion was worth it, command aura+flamestrike makes him a monster of AOE, aswell as dark pact for survival
-I didnt expected the crypt Lord to have those skills, at least i hoped he had carrion swarm as well.
-Iceguard are like greywolfs/lituenant, having just 1 for aura is enough
-Having the Bone army reinforce you was unexpected, i thought that the splicer nexus was going to help us, or even ejara nexus with living nerubians so the dark elves can trust Pentiss "Pets".

Cons.
-I hate lashers, they are too weak, even weaker than grunts and they share the same upgrade, i had to end the game with skeletons + nerubian elves/Necromancers
-Tiny corridors, like in Second mission of SOB, i know we are underground but the passages were too small even for that

Basically was a great mission as a first try of an undead faction+Hero, looking for to play as the Bonelords or at least as the bone army.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
And you have no idea how happy it makes me to see someone else ask for the difficulty to be increased.
No comment.
I am loving the fact that we will have politics EVEN on the undead book,i am a sucker for scheming and plotting.
Poor guy...
Arkain politics - delightful, am I rite?!

I kind of agree. Ornassion should be brute strength. While a Command Aura seems ok lore-wise since he was a commander of a brute-like legion, and Rain of Fire is acceptable, Death Pact doesn't seem fitting. Ornassion doesn't seem the type that will resort to kill others in order to stay alive, especially after he was betrayed by his own brethren.
as long as you give me a troop with war aura. then i'm fine
I disagree, Ornasion dont need rain of fire, because waste the critical hit of his orb. And death pact can save him but in this level you can only sacrifice the beettle or the skeletal minion.

I feel Ornasion too squishy, maybe the slasher do good dps, but the "Destroyer's armor" is immolation cape, where is my armor?
-Finally playing as Ornasion was worth it, command aura+flamestrike makes him a monster of AOE, aswell as dark pact for survival
Flame Strike is more effective for Ornasion because it allows him to back to get back into punching
range. Death Pact was deemed fitting because while he was stabbed in the back, he was a powerful
demon in life. Those tend to sacrifice their forces to sustain their own plans - this has been made
quite literal in this case.
Don't consider Death Pact as a betrayal, consider it as a tool (an undead creature) being used to
prolong the life of the more powerful being, allowing it to succeed.
Gameplaywise, it further helps Ornasion to stay alive while in the midst of combat.
Of course, in this particular chapter, the usefulness of that spell is limited because you are using many
units that cannot be sacrificed, but that's not going to be a common issue of course.
His ultimate will drastically increase his power when fighting single entities, but of course that is
not available yet. :)

I do not plan to change his skillset currently, I think it is good the way it is now.
I may adjust the items & non-hero abilities though.
Ornasion's armor is probably going to be tweaked i. e.

-Sister Pentiss set reminds me of grella, a really strong hero with an decisive aura
Gameplaywise they have things common, characterwise... not so much. :peasant-grin:
-I hate lashers, they are too weak, even weaker than grunts and they share the same upgrade, i had to end the game with skeletons + nerubian elves/Necromancers
They are cheaper than grunts though. It is of course never wrong to add some other units into the mix though.

Level 20
@Shar Dundred

Yeah his deathpact makes sens for a Dreadlord but isn't Ornassion portrayed as the odd sheep of the bunch,his flame strike and finger of death spells would fit much more of a backliner while Ornassion is a tank ingame and is portrayed as a demon leader that prefered the Frontlines to the politics not to mention his Orb makes him a auto attacker while his kit its more of a caster.

Then again he was smart enough to seize the controll of his legion whith one move.

As for "its to easy" it needs to be more difficult id advise you make a special copy where the spawn rate of enemy troops matches that of the vermin from SHB and give it to both Kaskrin and the other dude maybe that might sate their appetite for suffering.
It was a tad bit on the easier side once you get the hang of things and know where to focus but i dont feel like it needs to be more difficult.

Last edited: