• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 5
WEll Shar i am sorry if this may hurt u.
But i am dissapointed in u. I am not Map Creator or anything close to that but i think many of us wanted SUB even if we had to wait another 2 y.
P.S Anyway This is still fine bcs u keept ur promise that u will start it even when u said u wont do SB anymore.
Waiting for True story anyway.

Level 22
The SUB being that short will most likely lessen the impact of a lot of things that could've been considered shocking had they had some more buildup.
While it ends on a sour note at least the true story will have more time to be developed and polished.

Level 19
Well, that´s a pity, i was really looking to play with undead factions and heroes. I suppose many things that we saw on the other books will be left like that(like the golden guard on the dead forest)

I suppose the chapters will be Dead mountain, dark elves allies, and that´s pretty much it. No elven uprising, no purificator, no dealing with forgotten ones or something like that.

However lets take the bright side on this situation. Shar won´t be that stressed and arkain industries keeps working on the books. I hope the True story became what SUB was trying to become, the best arkain book.

PS. Will we get some answers about the chapters that didnt get to released after Jayborino series?

Level 7
i've seen the first playthrough of the sub on jay's channel looks promising i like the fact on how Aridon is sending this small forces from those massive powerfull nexuses to destroy the demons 'easily' the demons actualy look weak compared to what aridon is packing looking forward to the true story of arkain

Level 19
i like the fact on how Aridon is sending this small forces from those massive powerfull nexuses to destroy the demons

A pity that we cant see all of them at once, i would love to see the details on the bottom ones

Level 7
A pity that we cant see all of them at once, i would love to see the details on the bottom ones
same the sub is the most frisky one it fells like the dead got all the details i mean whatever dies is risen to serve aridon exept for brian taking the shadows messing up aridons plans

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
same the sub is the most frisky one it fells like the dead got all the details i mean whatever dies is risen to serve aridon exept for brian taking the shadows messing up aridons plans
The non-living vs the non-living you say?
Hmm, what other kinds of non-living can we expect to meddle with Aridon and Brian's insatiable growth?

Level 7
The non-living vs the non-living you say?
Hmm, what other kinds of non-living can we expect to meddle with Aridon and Brian's insatiable growth?
who knows what's waiting aridon is arkain's 'mom' and he is having a breakdown the 'father' brian is back uncle drak one over the sea its gonna get very intresting soon i dont know why but i think the demon one is still alive too watching

Level 19
Well, after watching the last jayborino Gameplay on mission 4 i'll Talk about the mission itself:

-It seems that if we spare the cave Orcs on mission 2 we'll get an Ally on that mission, probably because they are Aridon's workshippers like the Dark elves, another race to the Ejara Nexus to enslave.

-Talking about the Ejara Nexus, maybe sparing the monstruosity "King" Will have something to do in the final mission, like having another Ally.

-I dont trust the peacemaker and Pentiss plan at all. She said most of the sisterhood stays by her side, that means most of her race.
Why would she need to drug/brainwash quiraness and the other 2 family forces, they could raise them anyway so Aridon Will get the same amount of units, despite using the peacemaker or not.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

To be honest, I feel like for a campaign that has 6 missions in total, SUB dedicates too much to dark elves. Not that I know the whole plotline, but right now it hasnt moved anywhere compared to the rest of the arkain roster.

Also, Jay has stepped up his game big time. Props to him, all that arkain experience hasnt gone to waste.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Ye, I understand such downsides come from the very fact that the campaign has been rewritten multiple times. Its either cropped or dropped, and obviously the former is better for the players. Dont take it as a complaint, just an observation. Hopefully, the true story will fix this state of affairs both for the players and for you.

Level 21
I am posting this without Shar's permission, so I apologize in advance buddy, but I will say a couple things about the campaign being short as I've played it all now. First, I do wish it was longer because mission 5 was really fun and I quite like the tech tree offered, so from a gameplay perspective it's a bummer. Second though, I do feel the Epilogue does right by the narrative. I will give no details and you will all see in a couple weeks. Obviously, this will be subjective per person, but the Epilogue does in fact do a good job as an "ending", as it were, regardless of the campaign being much shorter. All in my personal opinion of course. It won't be much longer and everyone will be on the same page.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
The peacemaker is the easier option compared to the fortress siege and all the black citadel tier and higher damage flying at you and the chaos damage but I think we patched the chaos part out.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Well you heard it folks, the chaos damage shooting at your army in tight corridors is still there.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Good thing there's nothing else beyond chaos attack type.
Sometimes it's good the universe has its limits.
I wanted to introduce divine type damage in a possible spin off campaign but that is probably going to stay permanently in the ideas box.

Kasrkin

Level 26
To be more serious for a minute it would've been about the origins of the modern demons, it's just another thing that had further work into just stopped when blizz came by and said we own this a few years back. Perhaps its bad of me to hold a grudge like this but what happened is what happened. That's also why the demons still have their warcraft names, I had origins and explanations for the caste system by race the legions descended into and their own original names.

Level 21
I used the vision cheat to look and it really looked like wiping the fortress would have been noticeably faster, I dunno. To be fair, I didn't actually try it, but it's at least more interesting and definitely faster than harvesting mushrooms, even if it's harder. Granted, anything is 'harder' than waiting for resource income.

Level 19
The peacemaker is the easier option compared to the fortress siege

Maybe, but that option seems "worse" in terms of armies. With the siege you get 100% undead and dark elves of the sisterhood.

That's also why the demons still have their warcraft names

Make a Demon book and use all those names, would fit perfectly.

At least the buildings dont have some Sort of Hero armor, yet.

Also. Did most of FUB choices even matter? Despite maybe Haran and Aridon's victory.

Last edited:
Level 3
After watching a few gameplays from Jay, and the news that SUB is going to be fully released SOON!! :infl_thumbs_up: (FIRE!!!) I'm looking forward to testing the same, and replaying it.

When the True Story of the line considered canon comes out from Shar's hand, I would like to play it just like THE CANON DICTS, plus I also want to try Shar's item improvement system for SKELETONS!

if in some years shar has time, is encouraged, has Feedback, and maybe he will win from this, it would be good vibes, if he did First demon Book and SDB in addition to the spin offs it would be even better and I think that until then, I do not know the direction of the Arkain´s series that the authors want to take, maybe Uncle Blizzard is to blame for this for the patches in addition to Dota (insert Buu), the truth would hate that they take away from Shar so many years of work, I hope for everything dear that not, and who knows?

even Shar take out his own game, books, comic, manga, where the characters are much better worked in this work, or whatever you want shar of this,It will surely be a job well accomplished in both gameplay and history.

greetings to all of you, see you at the SUB:peasant-smile:. (and take good care of the new disease xc)

Level 21
Aridon to Tregakh for the entirely of 6 campaigns, encompassing years of creative effort on Shar's end, and elucidating the in-universe conflicts: "My brother is masterminding the destruction of everything!"
Tregakh teleports behind Aridon: "no u"

The Second Undead Book simply HAD to end early at that point after such complete and utter destruction

Last edited:
Level 19
Who is right, who is wrong?

None of them now the truth, the only one Who truly knows is the demon god, He'll reincarnated in the future and tell the TRUE STORY of arkain.

i don't really care a lot but i want to know more about the Orcs and Moghtar,

The Orcs came from a distant continent, like the imperials. My bet on moghtar is that they are a part of the cave orcs, that were exiled after the invasion. So they never enter the dead mountain and pick Salria as their home.
Pretty much like the elves, that were exiled of the Dark elves and take the forest as their home.

Knowing Aridon, he wouldnt care about a bunch of redskins settling on Salria.

Level 10
So now that we know that the emperor is the dark one, controlling the humans. Brain, the god of shadows, controlling the orcs. Aridon controlling the Undead. The final campaign, The True Story of Arkain is gonna cover all 3 of them duking it out and we'll see the conclusion of the story?
Also if someone knows who the fourth god is and where he is, please let me know.
All of these campaigns, we were controlled like dolls by each of the four gods. @Shar Dundred You truly created a masterpiece, my friend. I don't think many saw it coming, but I think that all players knew that their characters were being manipulated by someone, all along.
Also, did Aridon get nerfed in the Second Undead Book? Or was he always meant to be someone who couldn't control everything? Cuz for as long as I remembered, Aridon was always established as the one pulling the strings behind the scenes in all 5 campaigns before this one.

Level 4
@Ahman the 4th god is the demon god who was killed by Aridon after the demon god killed Largoth aka the dark one aka the emperor meaning that the 4th god does not exist anymore cause he is like fully dead unlike Largoth who was mostly dead, meaning the 4th god does not exist only Aridon,Brian and Largoth are left (and also nice pfp)

Level 4
So after reading the new faction sheet about the orc clans i basically got this:

Deathbreeze Clan-Zoomy pirate orcs

Darkmind Clan-Pet owner orcs

Goldaxe Clan-Stonks orcs

Ironthunder Clan-Hippy drum circle orcs

Bloodhand Clan-Angery big boi orcs

Ravaging Fire Clan-Spoopy magic orcs

Skullblade Clan-Zoomy flying orcs

Level 10
I didn't notice this actually until I saw Jayborino talk about it lol. Is it true that so far all the books were timelines that Aridon was thinking about and that they weren't the reality of the story, but still could be? And if so, which event do you think would turn out to be?
I still think that the majority of events would happen, such as Van Durce losing trust in the emperor, Gardon stopping the demons and establishing his kingdom....etc. I don't really think think a lot will change now that the story is going to be fixed into one direction.

Level 4
@Ahman I myself think all the books so far were mostly Aridons visions with some things true like the empire abandoning arkainan and van durce and Gardon taking over and making his own kingdom but in the ending of the second undead book Aridon says that he needs to rearange his thoughts meaning that probably all of the books are somewhat true only the ending with each race winning in their book is wrong meaning there is a option where something completely different will happen in the true story aka the canon timeline

Level 21
For the most part, events in each book can happen without conflicting with each other. There are some larger events though that are up for debate to be resolved and there are really only two main ones I can even think of.

1. Blen dying in GG prison, Blen dying in Rath's castle siege, or Blen surviving to join Zyainor Reborn
  2. Gardon successfully beating the GG then using the cannon to beat the Souleater Legion, or Gardon losing against the GG and the Dominion coming in to pick up the pieces then beating the Souleater Legion with brute force.
The question now is if the true story will choose from these or make up something new. The 2nd in the list clearly would have had an Undead outcome that we never got to see also. I suspect we'll see some combination where the races work together, even if unknowingly, at the end to kill Kersidar. All the other stuff in the SHB and SOB are so far removed from each other for most of the time that the True Story really doesn't have anything to clear up in my opinion. Orcs still go to Salria and create the Dominion with Amari as Chief. Gardon still creates Zyainor Reborn with some Kingdoms, pushes the Demons to the border, and starts a Cold War with Kerrel. A lot of this is clear from post Second Book stories Shar has put out, effectively spoiling outcomes - most specifically the fact that Ironfist is canon, GG gets wiped out, and Aedale gets corrupted.

Level 16
I like how Sir Edoarus is a main character of the second undead book lol!

I hope we could control him in the True Story to kill Salomar for example.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

If the undead can turn the demonlords Deathlords and the humans - into Vanguards, what could the orcs do?

:thinking: