• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I never claimed them to become human in the process. ;)

How many Demonlords behind trees did you meet with the Orcs to begin with? ( :
Okay, I got destroyed by facts and logic right here. I yield, I yield!

On a serious note I think its about time you gave demons some more personality. We barely get to see their behind the scenes. Usually they just run at us like a mindless horde with occasional dreadlords spitting politics here and there. If of course that mechanic ever makes it to the final cut.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Thanks to the efforts of @deepstrasz, General Zoia of the Wolf Regiment has received her own
model!
full

Believe it or not, you will meet her sooner in the True Story of Arkain than you might expect - and
under other circumstances!
(No, I am not retconning the SOB events)

Level 10
Whats an SOB event?
The true story of arkain will be a campaign then, right?
Does it have its own forum?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Released when its all done or will it be bit by bit?
I intend to go the more "old-fashioned" way of releasing demos with progressively more maps
available as they are completed.
While the maps will receive changes, a lot of them are still already known and while I do not
regret doing it differently for the Second Undead Book, I think for the True Story it makes much
more sense to do it as I used to before the Second Undead Book.
Holy shit, poor karskin.
If he had it his way, we'd go 100+

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
As you may be able to tell by the recent newsposts, I am working a lot on stuff behind the
scenes (Object Editor data) and integrating the data of the First Books with the data of the
Second Books.
I want to finish some stuff there before moving on to the maps.
I am also working on implementations of race mechanics, building a lot on the one that was
both technically and gameplaywise the most successful one, the leadership boni, for the First
Books. More news on that should follow soon, I just have to tame me a dragon first. ;)

Level 10
Is it even technically possible to have so many missions in a campaign? I thought that a single campaign is limited in size(kb).
Will there be player choices and consequences for them too? Or is it gonna be more classic?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Is it even technically possible to have so many missions in a campaign? I thought that a single campaign is limited in size(kb).
We will see if the amount of campaign menu buttons causes issues, I can still have a part one and
part two if there are issues with that.
Regarding file size, given that other campaigns with their massive terrain imports also have a
high file size, I would not be too worried. The entirety of released Arkain campaigns in total
have 200 MB, however you have to keep in mind that they share imports, meaning that the
True Story will have a much lower file size.
(For file size comparison: Curse of the Forsaken has almost 280 MB)
Will there be player choices and consequences for them too? Or is it gonna be more classic?
The story will be more linear for obvious reasons but I do not want to completely remove
player choice/already have some ideas regarding this.

Level 3
Hello,Shar! I am gald to find Arkain in many Campains and I can enjoy it from hum 1st to Undead 2nd.But I have not seen Sir Edoarus in Ud 2nd,who is one of my favorite characters.
So,how much is the strength gap between Krom and Edoarus? Or how Executioner compare with Krom? Could you tell me? Thanks a lot.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Krom is more of an assassin type while Edoarus goes for a butcheresque approach.
Krom prefers to hunt down single but powerful targets, he enjoys a good hunt.
Edoarus on the other hand does not care who or what he kills, he kills peasant and noble alike,
making no distinction whatsoever.
Edoarus is more of a silent, brutal and kind of humorless character (he would have had some
missions with Meya btw). Krom is more of an ironic and sarcastic character.

Above everthing else, they are both killers, however. In a 1v1, Krom would most likely win though
there is no reason for them to fight as they are both loyal subjects of Aridon - and Rahandir
is the only Undead who has complete free will due to being reanimated by himself rather
than Aridon.
Yes, Ornasion is also more free than other Undead due to his powerful status both in life and
death and Aridon is allowing his underlings some freedom, but Rahandir is the only Undead who
still knows actual freedom - yet he decided to serve Aridon no questions asked.

Level 3
Krom is more of an assassin type while Edoarus goes for a butcheresque approach.
Krom prefers to hunt down single but powerful targets, he enjoys a good hunt.
Edoarus on the other hand does not care who or what he kills, he kills peasant and noble alike,
making no distinction whatsoever.
Edoarus is more of a silent, brutal and kind of humorless character (he would have had some
missions with Meya btw). Krom is more of an ironic and sarcastic character.

Above everthing else, they are both killers, however. In a 1v1, Krom would most likely win though
there is no reason for them to fight as they are both loyal subjects of Aridon - and Rahandir
is the only Undead who has complete free will due to being reanimated by himself rather
than Aridon.
Yes, Ornasion is also more free than other Undead due to his powerful status both in life and
death and Aridon is allowing his underlings some freedom, but Rahandir is the only Undead who
still knows actual freedom - yet he decided to serve Aridon no questions asked.

Thank you for your sincere reply

Level 10
And what about Aridon´s living servants? (Thinking about one specific bow totting pointy eared fan favorite with specific leadership boni used in specific missions in the second human book)

Level 10
In the second human book if we go for Larine´s leadership boni she will become the replacement elven queen instead of Salana, who will end up being the nanny for the original queen´s twins under the watchers protection. In the final scene, she didnt seem to be undead, was also mentioned to still be alive when found by the undead. Is she there of her own free will or is she under some sort of spell?

Level 10
Oooh, Saphira is a mommy now! What short story is that in? Need to read it again to clear the confusion.

Level 10
And how are you feeling about the new Grand Arkain Campaign? Staying energized and motivated I hope?

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Considering Aridon is now deep below the dead mountain, trying to regain his own balance, I wonder what keeps the undeaf from falling aparat.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Rahandir.
Most logical answer, yes. He is probably Aridon's most trusted servant. Although this begs another question, which will probably remain without an answer, but what if Largoth/Dark one was telling the truth. Partially at least. Would that sway his blind loyalty? I guess we may never know.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Most logical answer, yes. He is probably Aridon's most trusted servant. Although this begs another question, which will probably remain without an answer, but what if Largoth/Dark one was telling the truth. Partially at least. Would that sway his blind loyalty? I guess we may never know.
I don't think so. The balance thing was working pretty well until Aridon forgot to take his meds.
Rahandir would have realized if any flaws were in the plan. Even if he does not question Aridon, he does think for himself and Aridon probably can't read his mind all the time since he's not directly controlling him, or at all as Shar implied.

Level 19
Shar is giving a lot of information about the factions, like he did with the salrian and toran armies. Maybe we´ll play as those imperial factions instead a common one during the human missions, or maybe he wants us to suffer even more during the second orc book missions with an stronger IA enemies (and an update on the normal one).

You are diabolical Shar.

Level 4
@Shar Dundred Just wanted to ask 2 question: 1.) will you include these regiments in the faction sheet so we can find them easier and don't have to like scroll trough the news posts to find them (or maybe to have them easier reading in the faction sheet)

2.) Maybe I need to take off my tinfoil had but when saw you comment on Jayborinos armies of exigo let's play i had like a Jimmy Neutron brain blast and realized how similiar the factions are: The empire (made of humans,elves and dwarves and stuff) who work together to fight the savage beasts (aka orcs) but soon have to fight a more dangerous threat, The fallen (Who are kinda like the undead except evil) big scary dudes who team up with elves who have noble houses and gain the elves alliance by helping one of the nobles/priests and the beasts and finally the beasts (who are kinda orcs) a race of savages who have been at war with the empire and have to unite the clans and are basically a factions made out of savage species like lizardmen,ogres,goblins etc (tribal dominion)