• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
As some of you may have already figured out, we have four new administrators. These new promotions were set in place because we felt the admin system could use less strict organization, so expect your problems to be solved with much more haste than before.

Please welcome our new admins!
If you have any problems which requires an admin, please use the Admin Contact forum.

This will be my last news post, as apparently I am not longer needed on this site. I wish future staff the best of luck, bye everyone!

Last edited:
Level 12
Good job on clearing the thread.

on topic: gratz and all, im still wondering was it really that wise to replace frank with Pyritie tho.

But the other 3 are OK with me.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I did not give you permission to edit my creative news post! How dare you... It took me 1-2 hours to spell check and proof read it and it was not offensive or even incorrectly spelt.

Why did you let me waste 2 hours of my precious time making a news post that you just scrapped anyway and wrote yourself? Especially since I did mention it to you in the chatroom and you did not seem to have any problems with it. Sigh...
Well lets hope they are more effective at adminitrating than I was!

Level 17
DSG is actually getting fired over this?
It was a joke, just a little sarcasm. Jesus Christ how is that grounds for demotions? And DSG has been nothing but fiercely loyal and helpful to this site for as long as I have known him. In my opinion he was a bit deserving of the admin position, so it's understandable if he's a little upset. And about making this public, have you ever read the chat logs? Nothing stays secret. If you're able to so easily spit in his face and turn your back on him after all he's done, then I honestly fear for this site.

This whole dramafest bullshit was rather funny at first, now it's just getting sad. This is just another overreaction like the whole Ghan_04 affair. You people need to calm down for once and try to look at problems rationally.

Level 22
This whole dramafest bullshit was rather funny at first, now it's just getting sad. This is just another overreaction like the whole Ghan_04 affair. You people need to calm down for once and try to look at problems rationally.

Umm did I miss anything?

Come on, it was nice to have him around, He needed to move more often some threads for mapmaking into the editor forum but who cares. Too bad we won't see every single patch posted on the news anymore.

Level 26
the GF demotion is a bit meh for me, because I always saw him as the big daddy of the art ressources staff, but he will kepp that position inofficially for me :>
but the promotion of the other 4 is something really great on the other hand. Things shall be fixed much faster and efficient from now on.

Oh and I also want to say goodbye to shamanyouranus, who did some great work as a moderation for the models section. Good luck at college and I hope we will see you as active as before in a few months

Level 18
It was a joke, just a little sarcasm. Jesus Christ how is that grounds for demotions? And DSG has been nothing but fiercely loyal and helpful to this site for as long as I have known him. In my opinion he was a bit deserving of the admin position, so it's understandable if he's a little upset. And about making this public, have you ever read the chat logs? Nothing stays secret. If you're able to so easily spit in his face and turn your back on him after all he's done, then I honestly fear for this site.

This I have to agree with (if it's true about the arguments for demotion). Although this thread was sarcastic (which I thought wasn't necessary) the storm it caused couldn't really have been foreseen.

Level 12
...just close this god damn thread before it turns even more to a shitstorm drama w/e fuckload of trolling.

oh wait it already was. try not to make it one again.

Level 27

I'm just gonna go ahead and publicly voice my agreement with literally this entire post.

I can't recall how often I full-quote a post.
Everyone (who was here a few years ago) would do best in remembering that the director system was introduced because the administrator system had failed.
While I honestly can't remember exactly why the director system was implemented, I know it was not for this reason.

Level 3
Well, I really can't complain about the new choices. I do feel that Ralle may listen to the community TOO well, as I have told him he was a good listener in the past.

Snap- I don't really know Snap simply because he is an ignorance in my direction, but gossip behind his back always seems to be against him. From what I've heard, he doesn't seem like he would be a good fit, but that's just the bit of info I observed.
Rui- He was always a cool moderator, did his job, helped the community. Really I don't see any reason he doesn't deserves a promotion, but at the same time, I see no reason why he does. He was an average moderator.
enjoy- No offense to enjoy, she's a wonderful person and all, but I don't think she could handle the responsibility. She was a great mod, but even then she... well, she bitched about it. Big time. I think she was fine exactly where she was.
Pyritie- About goddamn bloody fucking time!

Again, these are just my opinions from my perspective. There's really no need to start drama over the belief that they will be bad admins. There's always time to improve. This is their chance for experience.

Gratz and give it your all :)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
It was a joke, just a little sarcasm. Jesus Christ how is that grounds for demotions? And DSG has been nothing but fiercely loyal and helpful to this site for as long as I have known him. (...) have you ever read the chat logs? Nothing stays secret. If you're able to so easily spit in his face and turn your back on him after all he's done, then I honestly fear for this site.
[...]
I have thought the same. It's ironic how people always brag about how serious I am but accept DSG's demotion for something as silly as this. This looks more like some excuse to get him demoted.

the GF demotion is a bit meh for me, because I always saw him as the big daddy of the art ressources staff (...)
General Frank is welcome to keep leading the Art sector. He didn't have administrative permissions, and whatever permissions he had, he may keep.

Level 48
Congratulations to everyone. I admit that I didn't expect Enjoy to be promoted, but I can't say anything bad about her honestly, and I trust she can do her job well, despite what some may say.

A little sad that Frank got stripped off his Shaman icon(as far as I understand, that's all that happened, right?), but then again, it's no big deal. :p

What I honestly can't bear or understand is why DSG got demoted. He was an excellent moderator, and it was a lot of fun to have him around. Can someone please explain why did that happen?

Level 13
to keep the thread running:

Snap was always around so it's a good choice if you ask me, hope he won't screw up

Rui: most of the comunity kinda underestimates him...He always was a good and rational mod, but there was always someone who thought that he could do better. Let's hope that nobody will act against him.

enjoy: What can I say? She was a great mod and she helped a lot of people... this might destroy her, though.

Pyritie: MUDKIPZ!

About the DSG's demotion: Are you ******* kidding me?!?

Everyone (who was here a few years ago) would do best in remembering that the director system was introduced because the administrator system had failed. Either way, I'll just sit idle for now and see how things turn out.

While I honestly can't remember exactly why the director system was implemented, I know it was not for this reason.

It was implemented because resource moderation was an unorganized mess at the time.

I think it also had to do something with how the staff completely collapsed after Wolverabid disappeared, who at that point had been doing pretty much everything.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It was implimented with the intension to make the site seem more professional. It infact was very simlar to the system WC3C had and (suprise suprise) was sujested by one of their admins and a temporary administrator here. Ralle liked the idea as it seemed very secure solution.

Up until then there were 6 or so global moderators and administrators who all had a lot of power over the site. If one of their accounts got hacked or if one of them took a dislike to this site they could pretty much vandalize it totally until Ralle came back and rolled everything back. The director system promised that ever moderator would only have axcess to the powers they needed to perform their job (in my case the trigger and scripts section as Rui said there was no need for other moderators in the WEHZ).

As for me, I was pretty much an odd job administrator (then global moderator for a month or so before the change). If someone posted in the wrong section I would move it, if someone reported a post I would look into it (if it was not looked into by the sections moderator soon) and if someone needed a poll changed I would help him with it.

The old director system was introduced with 4 or so directors (2 of which very quickly left after the system was implimented). This resulted in atleast 2-4 members of staff leaving as well (although some have come back or actually seized the time as an opotunity to leave for RL). One of those directors (purplepoot) came back a while ago just to leave again after a month which I never really understood.

The irony is we have now gone back to the old system which I was "made redundant" by the getting rid of. Ralle before was concerned giving people too much power, but now he has given 5 people insane power (power that I never even had when I was administrator). Such powers only very few people had before and most of them were on first name terms with Ralle (via phone etc).

I am talking to Ralle for the exact details of why I was dismissed.

Last edited:
Level 22
Make everybody other than Imtor grunts not peons lol. Peons should be only stupid people worrying about what tiny usericon they have.
Bullseye! You are saying this to the person who hates all the icon shit the most.

DSG, THW and me won't see you anymore?

Hey Wolverabid was my inside-man. Too bad he never came back.

Now about the new admins:

oh_snap - Gratz whoever you are.
enjoy - Gratz whoever you are.
Pyritie - Good choice, was close to that anyway. Gratz
Rui - He/She will be around, I must be careful now. Gratz

Level 8
Pyritie and enjoy should make good mods. Although I don't know anything about Rui, so all I can do is wish him the best of luck. Although, oh_snap should definitely NOT be a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.