• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
You're missunderstanding me. I don't doubt on Ralle's power. I just take away his position als owner and see him as normal person, just with some powers.
I do not critisize the hive for anything. The hive is the hive. And atm, I'm not in the state of saying anything concrete and useful, because I'm tired as hell.

Hope I can form a good sentence with this: Dictators have never brought good to the world. Hitler = "kill the jews". Mao Tze Tung = "Away with democracy"
And when you set Ralle on the same level as them, that's not very nice. Especiallym because Ralle did a lot of things to people, he doesn't even know personally. Something like a good politician.
But that doesn't bring me to the point: Forum shouldn't be dictatorships. Forums should be places for people, where they can discuss about things, respecting the rules and such stuff. A place, where admins/mods have the same level, but other jobs ofc. While normal people go and post things, they keep the forum spam-free and so.

Not capable of writting anything better now. Tired

Level 40
totalitarianism! ftw!
A dictatorship is a fundamentally better and worse system than anything else in real life since a good dictator will be better than any more community-driven (bias-prone, short term interests-prone, tyranny of the majority-prone, etc) system, but a bad dictator will be the exact opposite. However, on the internet you can just leave the site and go elsewhere if you get a bad dictator so the tradeoff is not an issue.

Level 35
A dictatorship is a fundamentally better and worse system than anything else in real life since a good dictator will be better than any more community-driven (bias-prone, short term interests-prone, tyranny of the majority-prone, etc) system, but a bad dictator will be the exact opposite. However, on the internet you can just leave the site and go elsewhere if you get a bad dictator so the trade-off is not an issue.

Yep, to all points, except finding a perfect dictator is what always fails, since none have the above human perspective. Anyway the walk away option is what makes the internet such a successful maze of dictators :grin:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
He can still piss off masses of people to the stage they exit his site though (aka they leave). But clearly that has not happened in any large scale.

Just because a person can code a site well does not mean the same person can lead it well. Although Ralle mostly does a good job (by the fact the site is still active) he does have some areas of downfall. I for one find he rushes decissions and does not evaluate them properly which sometimes results in poor choices or short term solutions. It is not hard to see what I am talking about if you have been with this site for any length of time.

Then again everyone has areas that they fall down in. I for one get bored very easilly and lack motivation at times unless there is a challenge, or driving force behind me.

People should stop this direction of the discussion, I fear it may turn ugly otherwise.

Level 19
Just because a person can code a site well does not mean the same person can lead it well. Although Ralle mostly does a good job (by the fact the site is still active) he does have some areas of downfall. I for one find he rushes decissions and does not evaluate them properly which sometimes results in poor choices or short term solutions. It is not hard to see what I am talking about if you have been with this site for any length of time.

Ooh, I see what you did there.

Anyways, Trax is right, I guess.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Why is this thread becomming repeatitdly more and more off topic...
The last 4 or so posts should be removed and maybe this thread closed.

Ill finish by saying that no general appology or farewell has yet been given to me by the staff of this site despite multiple years of dilligent, mostly abuse free and highly active service. That is gratitude for you... Future staff members should take that into consideration when applying for a position.

Level 24

However, simply quoting a fallacy doesn't prove your point. To quote your link,

An association fallacy is an inductive informal fallacy of the type hasty generalization [sic] or red herring which asserts that qualities of one thing are inherently qualities of another, merely by an irrelevant association

Note the use of the word irrelevant. So if we look at a dictatorship, it necessarily limits freedom of choice of citizens. I consider freedom of choice for people to be a plus. Therefore, the association isn't simply coincidental or irrelevant but a deterministic factor.

Mostly depends on how you define dictator, and where you draw the line between anarchy, constitutional government and fascism.

But blah blah, make a new thread about this topic in particular and VM/PM thread link for continued discussion if you feel necessary. My point is at least partially incorrect use of fallacy.

^2c.

Status
Not open for further replies.