• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hive is Hiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
HIVEISHIRING.png

As most of you know by now, StopCampingN00b recently resigned his position as Community Manager for The Hiveworkshop. His job was to manage our social media and to promote The Hiveworkshop as best he could anywhere he could. He also managed the hive's relations to other sites and forums and brokered deals and set up affiliations. In short: He was our PR Manager, Agent and Diplomat.

Even shorter: He was absolutely outstanding.

And although the staff will miss him dearly, it is also important that we maintain a such position among our ranks. Therefore we would like to extend an invitation to anyone who feels a calling to make the hive the best place they can. If you love the hive, and if you want to do your part in promoting and improving this place to the best of your efforts, then Community Manager might just be the job for you.

There are, as with any job-offer, some requirements:

• Activity: You need to be an active member and you will need to be actively a part of the community and happenings on the site. One of your many tasks will be to promote new resources and new happenings on the site on our Facebook and Twitter accounts.
  • Photoshop Skills: A certain level of skills using any form of Photoshop tools is necessary, as you will be working to make posts that need to look good and presentable.
  • Creativity: You will need to have a creative business mentality, be able to find new ways of making the site interesting, new ways of making it accessible, and new ways of promoting it to the world.

• Proficiency in English: You must be fluent or strongly written and conversational in the English language.
We know it is a lot to ask of anyone, especially for being an unpaid position. But it does offer a good chance of educating yourself on the matter of how to manage public relations, how to promote something and generally how to work in a team and forward your own agenda and ideas. It's also a great thing to have on your curriculum vitae/resume, as game development companies and online communities are hiring Community Managers all the time. Food for thought!

Please write your application in the Admin Contact forum if you are interested.

Thank you for your time, good luck and have a nice day!

Sign,
The Hive Staff

Last edited:
Level 20
First of all, big props for @StoPCampinGn00b for all the hard work he put in! Thanks a lot, dude! :)

As for the job offer - it surely is very interesting :) So much so that I'd love to apply myself, though seeing as how many amazing people visit this site, I imagine I wouldn't really stand a chance against such a tough competition (because unlike @Archian I do expect a lot of people to step up, actually) :)

So, yeah - good luck to all the fine folks who feel up to the challenge and may the most kickass one of you win! :)

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I think you guys need to outline some more requirements for this, like proficiency in English.
Updated the requirements section of the first post.
So much so that I'd love to apply myself, though seeing as how many amazing people visit this site, I imagine I wouldn't really stand a chance
Nonsense! Everyone is encouraged to apply! I expect to see an application from you :)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I would apply for this if I could guarantee that I would last more than a month or two and for personal reasons I cannot guarantee that.
Interesting! I encourage you to apply! We never really said anything about having only one community manager. If there is more than one candidate, we may "hire" more than one. In fact it might even be better, seeing as more people working together could increase the level of activity and consistency.

~El

Level 17
I love hanging around in communities like this, and THW has definitely earned a place somewhere inside my heart lately. Thanks to @StoPCampinGn00b for staying with us during this time!

I wish I could apply and have a go at something like this as well, but alas, I'm afraid I wouldn't be the right person for the job, especially with my time constraints.

With that said, good luck to whomever wishes to take up that mantle in the future!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I'm really sad to see @StoPCampinGn00b resign but I also know how taxing life can be. He is one of the best our community has to offer and there will always be a place for him on the Hive. To you, my friend, cheers.

And to whoever takes up the mantle after him, good luck and have fun :p

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Honestly, if not for my health issues I'd probably take the job but I don't want to commit to something and end up disappointing people.

Level 21
GL SCN,

i'm glad to have been part of many hive funmap events over recent years.
You did indeed set high expectations to the following manager, but i trust this community will help him/her out decently - no worries there.

So really good luck on future endeavours and to the new CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.