1. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

New Administrators

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Dr Super Good, Aug 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billy the Cat

Billy the Cat

Resources:
    Resources:
    This I have to agree with (if it's true about the arguments for demotion). Although this thread was sarcastic (which I thought wasn't necessary) the storm it caused couldn't really have been foreseen.

2. Asomath

Asomath

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow, alright, the Hive world keeps on spinning?

~Asomath

3. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey look, drama about the drama.

4. Latecat

Latecat

Resources:
    Resources:
    ...just close this god damn thread before it turns even more to a shitstorm drama w/e fuckload of trolling.

oh wait it already was. try not to make it one again.

5. arafor

arafor

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. Hakeem

Hakeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm just gonna go ahead and publicly voice my agreement with literally this entire post.

I can't recall how often I full-quote a post.
    While I honestly can't remember exactly why the director system was implemented, I know it was not for this reason.

7. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It was implemented because resource moderation was an unorganized mess at the time.

8. General_Anon

General_Anon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I really can't complain about the new choices. I do feel that Ralle may listen to the community TOO well, as I have told him he was a good listener in the past.

Snap- I don't really know Snap simply because he is an ignorance in my direction, but gossip behind his back always seems to be against him. From what I've heard, he doesn't seem like he would be a good fit, but that's just the bit of info I observed.
    Rui- He was always a cool moderator, did his job, helped the community. Really I don't see any reason he doesn't deserves a promotion, but at the same time, I see no reason why he does. He was an average moderator.
    enjoy- No offense to enjoy, she's a wonderful person and all, but I don't think she could handle the responsibility. She was a great mod, but even then she... well, she bitched about it. Big time. I think she was fine exactly where she was.
    Pyritie- About goddamn bloody fucking time!

Again, these are just my opinions from my perspective. There's really no need to start drama over the belief that they will be bad admins. There's always time to improve. This is their chance for experience.

Gratz and give it your all :)

9. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have thought the same. It's ironic how people always brag about how serious I am but accept DSG's demotion for something as silly as this. This looks more like some excuse to get him demoted.

General Frank is welcome to keep leading the Art sector. He didn't have administrative permissions, and whatever permissions he had, he may keep.

10. Cweener

Cweener

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, it wasn't really much of anything except a title change?

11. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm assuming it wasn't, unless one of the other administrators changed his permissions.

12. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    OH, Cweener is a map mod now?

13. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Congratulations to everyone. I admit that I didn't expect Enjoy to be promoted, but I can't say anything bad about her honestly, and I trust she can do her job well, despite what some may say.

A little sad that Frank got stripped off his Shaman icon(as far as I understand, that's all that happened, right?), but then again, it's no big deal. :p

What I honestly can't bear or understand is why DSG got demoted. He was an excellent moderator, and it was a lot of fun to have him around. Can someone please explain why did that happen?

14. Numerion

Numerion

Resources:
    Resources:
    to keep the thread running:

Snap was always around so it's a good choice if you ask me, hope he won't screw up

Rui: most of the comunity kinda underestimates him...He always was a good and rational mod, but there was always someone who thought that he could do better. Let's hope that nobody will act against him.

enjoy: What can I say? She was a great mod and she helped a lot of people... this might destroy her, though.

Pyritie: MUDKIPZ!

About the DSG's demotion: Are you ******* kidding me?!?

15. Newominus

Newominus

Resources:
    Resources:
    Someone has tell me what happen?

16. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gratz 2 the new admins, it'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

17. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think it also had to do something with how the staff completely collapsed after Wolverabid disappeared, who at that point had been doing pretty much everything.

18. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Make users grunts not peons lol. Peons should be only the new ones.

19. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Make everybody other than Imtor grunts not peons lol. Peons should be only stupid people worrying about what tiny usericon they have.

20. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It was implimented with the intension to make the site seem more professional. It infact was very simlar to the system WC3C had and (suprise suprise) was sujested by one of their admins and a temporary administrator here. Ralle liked the idea as it seemed very secure solution.

Up until then there were 6 or so global moderators and administrators who all had a lot of power over the site. If one of their accounts got hacked or if one of them took a dislike to this site they could pretty much vandalize it totally until Ralle came back and rolled everything back. The director system promised that ever moderator would only have axcess to the powers they needed to perform their job (in my case the trigger and scripts section as Rui said there was no need for other moderators in the WEHZ).

As for me, I was pretty much an odd job administrator (then global moderator for a month or so before the change). If someone posted in the wrong section I would move it, if someone reported a post I would look into it (if it was not looked into by the sections moderator soon) and if someone needed a poll changed I would help him with it.

The old director system was introduced with 4 or so directors (2 of which very quickly left after the system was implimented). This resulted in atleast 2-4 members of staff leaving as well (although some have come back or actually seized the time as an opotunity to leave for RL). One of those directors (purplepoot) came back a while ago just to leave again after a month which I never really understood.

The irony is we have now gone back to the old system which I was "made redundant" by the getting rid of. Ralle before was concerned giving people too much power, but now he has given 5 people insane power (power that I never even had when I was administrator). Such powers only very few people had before and most of them were on first name terms with Ralle (via phone etc).

I am talking to Ralle for the exact details of why I was dismissed.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.