• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Administrators

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Removing DSG is a great fail that i can not understand,
I cant find any reason for this.

He always helped alot in the Script Trigger etc section and had
always an open ear for some self made scripts, even checked
them for bugs and made great suggestions to improve it futher.
And he is the guy that bashes the reality out of any phantasms,
clearing the path for the correct logic in things.
A better example; he represented (with his mod/admin symbol, that gives this presence)
a person very similar to Dr.Cox. It is always fun to chat with him.

As he was demoted from Admin to Mod, i was like OMG... thats hard.
And now this... somthing really serious must be going on behind public scene..

Greets Equal
(ps: DSG dude i wish u best luck to get your position back)

Pyritie and enjoy should make good mods. Although I don't know anything about Rui, so all I can do is wish him the best of luck. Although, oh_snap should definitely NOT be a mod.

Prolly because snap has banned X-death for flaming/stupidity in chat before, thats my only guess. everyone's got their own agenda here.

Level 30
Oh_snap is cool and should be fine for the job.
Dsg probably wasn't demoted for this thread only, just like there probably was a good reason for his demotion back when he was an admin.
Imtor, grunt icons are for people who make the world and farther than so without losing the win after all of it or go and find out when it was to be made. I believe you did none of these things. Congratulations to the four new admins.

Level 35
I won't congratulate to any of you, since this is a job that will hopefully require a lot of your attention. I trust the crew was a good decision and I do hope you guys won't forget that you were users once as well.

Good luck to all, especially to Snap. Make this site a better place...

Level 35
Interresting - A good bunch of people which I never saw coming as admins.. but then again I keep thinking of people from the first time I met them.. (while also keeping them in the current as well :vw_wtf:)

Anyway I must agree with this:
DSG is actually getting fired over this?
It was a joke, just a little sarcasm. Jesus Christ how is that grounds for demotions? And DSG has been nothing but fiercely loyal and helpful to this site for as long as I have known him. In my opinion he was a bit deserving of the admin position, so it's understandable if he's a little upset. And about making this public, have you ever read the chat logs? Nothing stays secret. If you're able to so easily spit in his face and turn your back on him after all he's done, then I honestly fear for this site.

This whole dramafest bullshit was rather funny at first, now it's just getting sad. This is just another overreaction like the whole Ghan_04 affair. You people need to calm down for once and try to look at problems rationally.

Quoted for truth.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I will however be looking forward to see faster actions around the forum.. I already know of one thread which have remained misplaced for 4 days. :wink:

Level 35
Why dont we just get a few of very active moderators?

Well, dunno about getting more.. but the idea of having a good bunch is to make sure that someone is always active, since there is different time zones and people live lives outside here as well. Wolverrabid was an example of one who was very very active that he basically did almost everything :eekani: But sadly it had an impact on him, combined with the trouble's he got into and he disappeared from Hive.

Level 35
I'd say the current moderators are some of the most active users on the Hive (and hiring people from outside to do the modding wouldn't exactly be cheap). :p

Hehe, hey lets buy modders :xxd: Lolz.

Nah, I think the sleeping hours is most important reasons to have more then just a few "very active ones". Since there need to be one on at all times.. but so far that also seems to be the case, so why are we still talking about it :wink:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Why dont we just get a few of very active moderators?
It is clear that activity has nothing to do with rank or status on this site. Mecheon for example was still a global moderator last time I heard despite not being noticably active in years. There were other cases like that which are pointless to mention. Additionally many highly active and diligent moderators were removed from staff because their work was not of a satasfactory quality (although I never understood the logic used to decide that).

Moderators basically are choosen when needed. At times there were multiple people being considered for the same position. Generally, anyone who has experience with an area needing a moderator, who have a moderatly good behaviour and are decently active at that time gets considered for being a moderator.

Ultimatly at times some choosen moderators have not been worthy of their positions (or atleast it appears so) so were removed despite some working very hard.

Frankly the current moderators will probably work fine for a WC3 support site in this day and age as the member pool will hardly grow. Ofcourse that is if they remain active.

Level 17
It is clear that activity has nothing to do with rank or status on this site.
A moderator would never have been promoted if he was never active.

Mecheon for example was still a global moderator last time I heard despite not being noticably active in years.
You heard wrong.

There were other cases like that which are pointless to mention.
Mention away.

Additionally many highly active and diligent moderators were removed from staff because their work was not of a satasfactory quality (although I never understood the logic used to decide that).
Who?

Ultimatly at times some choosen moderators have not been worthy of their positions (or atleast it appears so) so were removed despite some working very hard.
Such as?

Frankly the current moderators will probably work fine for a WC3 support site in this day and age as the member pool will hardly grow. Ofcourse that is if they remain active.
The member pool continues to grow by a more than insignificant amount.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I was actually refering to Septimus (I think atleast) years ago. He tried so hard to be a map moderator and was doing a lot of maps but for some reason his english fell appart doing so. He was eventually removed because people honestly could not understand what he was saying.

My removal was largly political I believe, and frankly I would have resigned by now due to the vandilisim being performed to this site. This is meant to be a serious WC3/SC2 mod site but instead it seems like it is becomming a child artists playground now...

In my opinion you would have to try hard to find worse smilies than the new ones. They might have use somewhere else but for a serious forum like this is meant to be they just are not the right style.

Honestly their lack of faith in my capabilities is sickening. I never really abused the powers I had and if I really wanted to rage I still can because I own like 20 news and forum sticky posts but in the end why should I bother as I am not a stupid person. What suprised me more was that after making an "unacceptable" news post with a fantastic 4 twist they still promoted my Starcraft II patch thread to the news (which shows I do quality posts). So really there is no logical reason for my removal and it must be because I was causing internal friction. In the end I guess the staff of this site is going through some sort of crysis and will eventually grow out of it if they are unable to discuss maters before making rushed decissions.

However, do remember that there is no better site out there for WC3 resources than this one and my problems with the site are a combination of personal and professional as I was on staff here a long time. If you are new you can pretty much ignore my views.

Anyway, I still accept PMs if you need help.

Level 22
This is meant to be a serious WC3/SC2 mod site but instead it seems like it is becomming a child artists playground now...

I have to agree there. I think some preferred wc3c or sc2mapster for sc2 for that reason.

The Voidwalker smileys (yes and mostly the big size makes them meh) are actually nice but really even when I was 16 I still used forums and I never did:

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

That's really so childish.

Level 35
In my opinion you would have to try hard to find worse smilies than the new ones. They might have use somewhere else but for a serious forum like this is meant to be they just are not the right style.

Agreed, they don't fit the original style at all.. the void one and the goblins could fit in, but they are too big. The ogre's are just plain ugly (I know that's how ogre's look, but doesn't change the fact).

Besides that I also feel that injustice was done, but I believe discussing it here will move away this thread from the topic at hand.

They might have use somewhere else but for a serious forum like this is meant to be they just are not the right style.

Srs bsns

Honestly, a lot of people need to stop taking everything so seriously. The main reason that it seems everyone hates them is that 1 they're new and in general people like to resist change (this should wear off sooner or later) and 2 that they're so much bigger in comparison (something that won't wear off).

Level 8
In the end, we cannot change the past. People are each one for their own unique and sometimes there are arguements and problems between two people (or more) in the staff.

In my opinion, it's very good, when people change the staff regularily, because that prevents dictatorships. Ralle in this case cannot be seen as full dictator, because he supports the community and doesn't decide things on his own.
Anyways, Hive should keep respecte people and people, most of the staff or the members would approve. Else this becomes nothing but a dying community, which it's not atm.

Level 35
So if Gargameal is the common user and the common user sees Ralle as a non-dictator like person, do you criticize the Hive?
Or do you see Ralle as a dictator that should lead a forum?

Ain't this thread slightly going away from topic :wink:

But as Ralle is the owner he is pretty much in his full right to do whatever he wants. That might have a negative impact if he do and luckily Ralle isn't really the kind of guy to go out and do things against the community. But heck, it is his forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.