• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need artwork? Come here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
he he)) well, cause i'm not englishmen, it's not so easy for me to understand you)) but as you said, we just need to make a texture with my loading picture and replace the standerd one as we do to change the cursor or the inteface, am i right?

Level 35
he he)) well, cause i'm not englishmen, it's not so easy for me to understand you)) but as you said, we just need to make a texture with my loading picture and replace the standerd one as we do to change the cursor or the inteface, am i right?

Inded - S if you give me the picture you want to replace it with then I'll go to work with it.. I'll first finish it tomorrow though, due to study.

While I was add it, I made an update for Calex3's avatar (which I originally made as a load screen).

131841-albums1057-picture19795.gif

I am of course going to send him the version without the white spots..

Last edited:
Level 2
ah, it's just the same picture i asked you to create a loading screen from)) well for example i want to remove the orc loading standerd one with mine, it will be great if you do this)

Level 35
give me a few minutes and i should =D

EDIT: here you go =)

Allow me to convert it then

Download it here

Damn its awesome, even more as I have kinda forgotten about this request :hohum: Sorry, but at least my forgetfulness resulted in a epic Win!

ah, it's just the same picture i asked you to create a loading screen from)) well for example i want to remove the orc loading standard one with mine, it will be great if you do this)

Maybe you could link to it - I don't keep that much track of them before I need to involve myself directly with them (and in your case I haven't seen you uploaded one or forgot something).

Level 12
Hey man i need another request since i am continuing another map...

my pastebin:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=2o5rej

the .tga is the map preview and the .blp is the loading screen

i need the .tga image to say Version 2.00 and replace xXx-tricky-xXx with CHA_Owner(NAMM)

i need the loading screen image to have the same changes except the preview needs to be changed in 2 different areas

thanks again just ask if you have any questions and do w/e color/design you want to

+rep when your done plus mention in my map

Level 35
i need the loading screen image to have the same changes except the preview needs to be changed in 2 different areas

thanks again just ask if you have any questions and do w/e color/design you want to

Welcome back to our friendly tread :grin:

Anyway one question; I don't get what you mean by it being changed in 2 different areas...

Else I am on it. Need my sleep now though, have been up for 19 hours now.

Looks like this now:
131841-albums1057-picture19913.jpg

Looked like this:
131841-albums1057-picture19915.jpg

Btw: You should also be aware that Hive instantly converts pictures to jpg if you don't zip them first :wink: But no problem I can just as quick convert it back :p

Btw btw: Just noticed that this was my 2400 post :D I love that number - lets not dwell on why.

Last edited:
Level 12
Welcome back to our friendly tread :grin:

Anyway one question; I don't get what you mean by it being changed in 2 different areas...

Else I am on it. Need my sleep now though, have been up for 19 hours now.

btw: You should also be aware that Hive instantly converts pictures to jpg if you don't zip them first :wink: But no problem I can just as quick convert it back :p

thanks and what i meant was that like the "Version w/e" shows up twice on the preview and needs to be changed both time thanks :thumbs_up:

Level 17
You know, it's more work but you should give the people the option to either make a high quality or a low quality one.
Currently you are only making low quality ones.

You know what I'm talking about.
1024x768 and then divide in 4 parts yada yada.

I'd rather have an 1024x768 stretched then a 512x512 (which looks horrible. :p)

Level 16
You know, it's more work but you should give the people the option to either make a high quality or a low quality one.

It could, but it also takes a HUGE amount of map space :p

I used to use this technique, most of my loading screens were 1mb+. And it's also bit more complicated to use ;) Maybe we could give the choice, we'll see about it.

Level 17
It could, but it also takes a HUGE amount of map space :p

I used to use this technique, most of my loading screens were 1mb+. And it's also bit more complicated to use ;) Maybe we could give the choice, we'll see about it.

With the 8mb limit, that extra amount of space should not be a problem if people try to keep the original map below 4mb like they used to. :p

Personally I'm using the HQ method now. I like it much better. (And is not that much harder if you know a special trick.)
Anyway, for the cropping I just make a preset 512x512 file in photoshop, CnP the original 1024x768 in it and make the 2 proper corners. Then do the same for the 2 other sizes. :p Rename, convert and done.

Takes a lot less time then to grab the proper size with a grabbing tool by hand. :p

Level 16
With the 8mb limit, that extra amount of space should not be a problem if people try to keep the original map below 4mb like they used to. :p

Personally I'm using the HQ method now. I like it much better. (And is not that much harder if you know a special trick.)
Anyway, for the cropping I just make a preset 512x512 file in photoshop, CnP the original 1024x768 in it and make the 2 proper corners. Then do the same for the 2 other sizes. :p Rename, convert and done.

Takes a lot less time then to grab the proper size with a grabbing tool by hand. :p

Resize ftw! :p

Level 35

You know people can always write it in the request.. several people have already in fact.. then we make it HQ... I have even redrawn several picture to increase the quality of them.. so I won't say thats a problem. And using the smallest size as standard I believe is quite natural, as load screens after all is only extra eye candy.

Besides the requester can write any wish and we will try to fulfill it - Like animated screen, load screen with player loading shown, Avatar's, animated avatar's, map previews, minimap, texture, skin.. everything really..

Anyway thanks for the comment, if might lead more people to request the HQ from us :thumbs_up:

and yea I know I am still missing some requests, but study is killing me.. I only had 2 hours free time this entire week. They will be done in the weekend.

Level 12
RED_BARON sorry to bother you again but do you have my loading/preview screens done yet I really need them for my next release which is almost ready I was just asking since its been like 2 weeks since i posted it....

But dont get in a rush I was just wanting a progress update.

EDIT* WOOT MY 300th POST!!!

Level 35
RED_BARON sorry to bother you again but do you have my loading/preview screens done yet I really need them for my next release which is almost ready I was just asking since its been like 2 weeks since i posted it.

Yea.. :hohum: I will have them ready for you today! I must admit that my time has been consumed rapidly by Study and DragonAge... Not much else to say - It will be done today (as I actually have made it, I just miss to convert it and post it)

EDIT:

And as promised - Here you go:

Download them here

Map Preview
131841-albums1057-picture20480.jpg

Loading Screen:
131841-albums1057-picture20481.jpg

Original Picture:
131841-albums1057-picture19915.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
can you make a loading screen for the picture i attached i would really appriciate it :grin:

Attachments

• 1519_medieval-ii-total-war-kingdoms-screenshots-20070510005255977_normal[1].jpg
    1519_medieval-ii-total-war-kingdoms-screenshots-20070510005255977_normal[1].jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,334
Level 8
Level 35
hmmm ive did loading screens for a while using Magos Model Editor. But for some random reason they keep gettin BLURRY! its insane. So can one of you guys do this

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/warhammer_orc_675.jpg

And add above his head "Final Stand" in a cool font? sorry I'm not to specific with font, but maybe you can surprise me. Plus rep will be given of course

Will do - Do note that the original picture you posted ain't exactly High-res, but I'll do what I can.

Actually let me re-phrase that... Do you want a high-res loadingscreen which will be around 1/1.5 mb or a low res version around 256 kb.? The low quality will always be blurred, but you'll save space.

Level 35
Level 10
Request LOTR Helms Deep loading screen

Request LOTR Helms Deep loading screen, and any idea on how to import it.

Heres the desired image

Also, probably very important question: is it possible to have my editable map intro on the load screen, and what about a load bar for all players so we can all swear at the lagger the instant game starts?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Helms_Deep_Demo.sized.jpg
    Helms_Deep_Demo.sized.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 3,568
Level 35
Request LOTR Helms Deep loading screen, and any idea on how to import it.

Heres the desired image

Also, probably very important question: is it possible to have my editable map intro on the load screen, and what about a load bar for all players so we can all swear at the lagger the instant game starts?

Thank you!!

Well... You would have to make a choice.

I can make it so your loadingscreen will have a box in which the text you normally write in wc3 will appear. I can also make a screen where the load times for the players appear. But I can not combine them, as wc3 does not allow one to write text on that type of load screen (which is the reason why the load bots exists, they serve exactly that purpose of informing about load time).

But we could do it like this: I make you the screen which can show load times (Be aware that doing so will also show a spot for a minimap) and I'll write the text on the picture... Then to change the text, you change the picture.

Or I just make it to a normal screen and we'll forget about it showing load times.

Level 11
Thats great then! I need a loading screen for my Orpg, Legacy of Argos,

I have a sketch a friend of mine made with his tablet, was wondering if you can do the same thing and finish the coloring

use the attachment below

Its suppose to be like a boss battle, A archer, a Paladin, and a Mage fighting the boss, in the background there is a Evil wizard looking dude controlling the boss. Also a request on it is, could you border it all with something element wise? using each of these:
Water
Fire
Air
Light
Dark
Nature
Earth

Thank you and +rep

Attachments

• copyofargosresize.jpg
    copyofargosresize.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Level 11
Its suppose to be like a boss battle, A archer, a Paladin, and a Mage fighting the boss, in the background there is a Evil wizard looking dude controlling the boss. Also a request on it is, could you border it all with something element wise? using each of these:
Water
Fire
Air
Light
Dark
Nature
Earth

Thank you and +rep

Level 35
I was curious, are you able to make loading screens from scratch? Like draw them up? If you can I may have a request.

Yea we do make scratch stuff - Takes a long long time mostly though... and I am busy as hell with my study project so hopefully Lightskin can come up with something.

But do refrain from double posting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IronForge - Will do :wink:

Level 35
You do know that War3ModelEditor has a create loading screen option. It would only take you about 5mins to make your own....

You do know (or you would if you read the tread properly) that we do much much more then just create a loading screen....?

We make them of different quality, we fix the text, errors and other kinds of image editing which not everyone can do... We make custom screen, we make map previews, minimaps, animated load screens, special loadscreen with certain key elements.... :eekani:

Also some people do not want to use the hours I use to create there stuff in and I am only happy to help them out doing something I find funny and a good exercise. :smile:

So yea, your right (although that function sometimes doesn't work, have a rather nasty quality (and takes less then 5 min), but else your 100% correct). Besides there is also several well written tutorials both on hive and other places which have been referred to from time to time in this tread by other well meaning people like you - Which also didn't read the tread properly... :bored:

Anyway back to topic...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have the first request (not the custom one) ready a few hours from now.. :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.