• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Multiple Warcraft 3 Running on a Single PC

Level 25

Running Multiple Game Instances

Windows

What is it?

kLoader is a program that allows you to run multiple instances of Warcraft 3 on the same computer at the same time. This is invaluable to mapmakers testing multiplayer aspects of their maps without having additional PCs or beta testers available.

Note: This does not necessarily work on the latest patch 1.27a! For patch 1.27a, take a look at this:
Universal kLoader - Raichu

Required Programs

kLoader
If you'd like to find an alternative download, search for "war3 multiple loader".

kLoader is the program that allows you to run multiple instances of the game, so that is the only required software (besides the game of course).

Optional: Warcraft 3 Mouse Capture

This nifty little program keeps your mouse inside Warcraft 3 if you are using windowed mode.

Installation

Extract the kLoader .zip file into your Warcraft 3 directory. By default, this is:
Code:
C:\Program Files\Warcraft III

Now find the config.txt file. (\Warcraft III\config.txt)

Open it and change the specified path to your war3.exe's path.

attachment.php

You'll notice it has "-window" at the end; this launches the game in a window. You can remove it.

Extract the mouse capture .rar into your Warcraft 3 directory.

Usage

To run the game in this mode, find W3MultipleLoader in your Warcraft 3 directory. You might want to make a shortcut on your desktop.

It will launch a new instance of the game with no further action required. For another instance, simply launch it again.

Keep in mind that each of these will take up a chunk of your computer's memory, so only run as many as your machine can support.

To launch Mouse Capture, find the folder you extracted it to and run it. It will stay in your taskbar until you close it or restart your PC.

attachment.php

attachment.php

(only two items are visible for one player because I was testing locally hiding items)

Alternatives

Alternatively, you can use Jass NewGen Pack 2.0 Alpha to run multiple instances of Warcraft III. kLoader is built-in.

For more information, see the "Multiplayer Emulation" portion of the following thread:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...gen-pack-2-0-alpha-recruiting-testing-233145/

This will automate the process described above. Note that it is still in alpha, and thus it may not be fully bug-free. The multiplayer emulation feature, however, has been tested and works.

Attachments

• config.png
    config.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 19,427
  • same game bro.jpg
    same game bro.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 20,100
  • create and join own game.jpg
    create and join own game.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 19,050
  • kLoader.zip
    88.5 KB · Views: 13,224
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious as to how this works with things like LAN and battle.net. You don't have to test the latter, but is it possible to join your own LAN game? I'm just curious because that might be an interesting method to test maps in multiplayer. (for things like desyncs)

As for the tutorial, it seems fine to me. Good job. Anyone able to test it though? Or provide a screenshot that it works?

Sorry, I can't test myself since I am running a mac and can't run kLoader.

Level 14
Works for Win 7 too.
@ruler, dude, i don't know how to thank you, man! I was wondering how i can test a shit doze of things in my map. Now i can with no problem at any time.
So... i will simply..
GIVE YOU +REP EVERY DAY UNTIL I FUCKING DIE!

after i spread some, though...
EDIT : Does it work exactly like another player? I want to test for desyncs and i don't know if things happen right. I mean, same PC, same IP and stuff. I ask this because i encountered a desync. But the weird thing about it is that it appears in random times. I mean, before the desync, i do some stuff related only to one player. But then i get disconnected after 4-5 seconds (where i don't do anything). Is this normal? I mean, is the problem in my map or in the fact that the PC is the same for both instances of the game?

Last edited:
Level 14
Well it can be useful like this:

Import a very long system but its what you really need, but in GUI some data get fuck if you transfer them, if you can have two editors, then you can check the code from the original map and your map to see what is broken on the code you copied. Some are really just hard to find >.<
You can do this with one editor too! :goblin_yeah:
When you open your map, you see (on the very top left menu, the tools, from where you can open,save,close file menu) a Window drop-menu (at the top center of the editor, or press Alt + W). At the bottom of this drop menu, you will see "1 [ProjectName]". Then, while your map is open, open the system's map. Your map will hide and the other one will appear. If you click this Window drop-menu again, you will see :
1 [ProjectName]
2 [SystemMapName]
The second one will be selected. Click one the first one (your map).
And you are ready! You can cycle between the two maps with ease. :grin:

Level 22
You can do this with one editor too! :goblin_yeah:
When you open your map, you see (on the very top left menu, the tools, from where you can open,save,close file menu) a Window drop-menu (at the top center of the editor, or press Alt + W). At the bottom of this drop menu, you will see "1 [ProjectName]". Then, while your map is open, open the system's map. Your map will hide and the other one will appear. If you click this Window drop-menu again, you will see :
1 [ProjectName]
2 [SystemMapName]
And you are ready! You can cycle between the two maps with ease. :grin:

Still takes too long between each shift on weaker computers, 2 world editors would enable extremely fast copying.

This program would be even better if it could somehow start a different installation of Warcraft 3 for the second instance, that way one could install wc3 2 times with a different set of keys and be able to play on bnet with 2 accounts.

Level 25
Still takes too long between each shift on weaker computers, 2 world editors would enable extremely fast copying.

This program would be even better if it could somehow start a different installation of Warcraft 3 for the second instance, that way one could install wc3 2 times with a different set of keys and be able to play on bnet with 2 accounts.

You could probably do that with a virtual machine.

Level 28
You can do this with one editor too!
1 [ProjectName]
2 [SystemMapName]
And you are ready! You can cycle between the two maps with ease.

I obviously know that for a very long time >.>

I'm talking about reading the triggers at the same time since its easier to check that way. I mostly need to go here then CnP the triggers of the system to a post, then take a look on my world editor to read the other one. But sometimes I don't have internet connection to do that.

Level 29
That's war3's usual non-multi error.

Make sure your extracted everything correctly and that you're running the multi exe for all instances. Make sure you aren't already running a normal instance (not launched with the multi exe) of the game.

The instruction is very simple to understand, so yes I followed, still not working...Im using win7 64bit and didnt download the Warcraft 3 Mouse Capture coz you said it's optional...
If you want a video I can show it you...

Level 2
I am having the same issue as mckill2009, I can't have multiple instance running even though I used the W3MultipleLoader.exe to TRY to run multiple war3's.

For the first time it works, but then once I alt-tab and click on it again (I run it as admin) it says "Warcraft 3 was unable to initialize"

any help would be appreciated.

Level 18
I am having the same issue as mckill2009, I can't have multiple instance running even though I used the W3MultipleLoader.exe to TRY to run multiple war3's.

For the first time it works, but then once I alt-tab and click on it again (I run it as admin) it says "Warcraft 3 was unable to initialize"

any help would be appreciated.

Same, same, same...

And Also: I didn't get any NewGen War3 file in that JassNewGenPack20. Is that normal?

The path in ''Config'' Text Document in ''Blizzmod'' folder in JNGP folder changes everytime to nothing when I set the path of my warcraft 3....

scumbag wc3

Attachments

• Multiplayer Error.jpg
    Multiplayer Error.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 589
Level 18
maybe it's working, but it's problem in people's system or smth...
Anyway, is there any other way to run Wc3 2 times beside KLoader?

Lol, I got this to work. If the run multiple instances of wc3 in JNGP doesn't works, just run wc3 through the .exe file in blizzmod file (make sure you've set the path correctly in config file)

Last edited: