1. The Melee Mapping Contest #4: 2v2 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're hosting the 15th Mini-Mapping Contest with YouTuber Abelhawk! The contestants are to create a custom map that uses the hidden content within Warcraft 3 or is inspired by any of the many secrets within the game.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 20th iteration of the Terraining Contest is upon us! Join and create exquisite Water Structures for it.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

[Misc] Lan hosting multiple players single PC

Discussion in 'Tutorial Submission' started by juvian, Aug 28, 2018.

1. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    As you all know, kloader has not been working for quite some time, and no new alternative has been proposed. With 1.30 version there is no need anymore for sandboxie to be able to run 2 clients, but trying to join lan from both fails, even using sandboxie. This leaves map testing for multiplayer only possible from older w3 versions or testing directly from bnet or using 2 computers.

After many hours of trying I have found an alternative, which allows for any number of lan clients on 1.30.1 patch on w10 (should work for other windows version too).

1. Install ForceBindIP | r1ch.net
    2. Create a .bat file on same folder as where the program was installed with this content:
      SET W3Path=E:\Programs\w3\Warcraft III
      start ForceBindIP -i 127.0.0.1 "%W3Path%\Warcraft III.exe"
      start ForceBindIP -i 127.0.0.2 "%W3Path%\Warcraft III.exe"

3. Change E:\Programs\w3\Warcraft III to your warcraft path.
    4. Save and run the bat file (double click). If everything went alright, 2 warcraft instances should be opened and you will be able to access lan from both.
    5. Create a game from one and join from the other.
    If you want more than 2 instances, just fill another line with a different valid ip (any in the range 127.0.0.1 to 127.255.255.254).

For 1.28-1.29 patch, you need to use sandboxie for the second instance and the .bat second line should be something like:

start E:\Programs\Sandboxie\Start.exe ForceBindIP -i 127.0.0.2 "%W3Path%\Warcraft III.exe"

For 1.30.2+ patch, forget about ForceBindIP and just open second window with sandboxie, you can enter lan with both and it will work.

Happy map testing!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. Tutaste

Tutaste

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, i tried it with windows 8.1 and didn't work. The error message is "Warcraft III was unable to initialize. Error 0." its not opening second wc3, any idea?

3. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess you are trying with 1.30.1, where they removed the "bug" that lets you open multiple w3 instances. A possible solution is to use sandboxie for the second instance and then change second line to something like

start E:\Programs\Sandboxie\Start.exe ForceBindIP -i 127.0.0.2 "%W3Path%\Warcraft III.exe"

4. Franconis

Franconis

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tested this and verified that two instances are possible in 1.30.1 using this method. I ran the first using ForceBindIP and the first two lines of your original script:

For the second I just dragged WarcraftIII.exe into Sandboxie and they found each other just fine.

5. CallMeWhale

CallMeWhale

Resources:
    Resources:
    hi, juvian
    sandboxie + ForceBindIP works great with 1.30.1 for the last 2 months, however, it seems no longer working with 1.30.2. as video below shows, the game just stuck here with 1.30.2 after clicking "join the game" button. any new solution?

(also idk if blz see this feature as a bug and keeps an eye on this thread, we just want to test map more easily, not doing sth bad. why bother "fix this bug" (which actually not) and force us using a more laborious way like virtualbox/vmware? plz leave us a way. great thx)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  6. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    @CallMeWhale that's unfortunate. I don't use bnet anymore so don't have new patch to try, might try when I get back home from holidays in a week if I remember

7. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm going to leave this in the submissions forum til I get the chance to test & verify that this works on the latest patch on my PC. Anyone else willing to give it a go to see if it works? :)

8. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    @CallMeWhale yeah it doesn't seem to work anymore with this bonjour thing, so only works on 1.30.1 patch or older

9. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. Tutaste

Tutaste

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, i can't open 2 programs with sandboxie. i need a key. can you help please? @juvian

11. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Tutaste you only need to open 1 warcraft instance with sandboxie, the other without it as usual. That way you have 2 using free version.

12. Tutaste

Tutaste

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah its worked. thanks a lot