• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't play LAN after updating from 1.27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I was upgrading from 1.27. When I patched to 1.31.1.12164 and allowed Bonjour, I found myself unable to see any hosted LAN games on all of my devices. I tried this on 3 different laptops and still nothing. Regardless of where I start the game, my other laptops can't spot it on the game list.

Drivers are updated. Both Warcraft and Bonjour are allowed in the firewall, which I shut down on all devices anyway, just to be sure. Still, nothing to be seen in the game list regardless of where I actually start the game. I am running Windows 10 64bit on all my devices.

Can anyone help?

Are there maybe any third-party apps that allow this? I found myself unable to use Gameranger because it always asks me to for the Frozen Throne and not for Warcraft 3.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help ^^

Level 2
Sorry to hear that, I have historically always had issues of some type or another when trying to play lan with my brother over the years. Sometimes it has worked, sometimes only partially or not at all, and eventually I just gave up because it was so exhausting trying to scour google for similar cases, for solutions to whatever my problem was at the time. My only hope is that further patches might stabilize the game. However, since hardly anyone even plays lan, sadly I doubt it will receive any priority when it comes to reforged and further patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.