• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Saving/Loading Frustration (LAN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I recently came into Gaia Online, and am pretty frustrated to say the least. Me and my friend played for hours, finishing the first dungeon and all and decided we should stop, so we both did -save and -saveold just to be safe. -save does not create a folder nor save a text file in my Warcraft 3 directory, which is pretty frustrating, but it does for him. So I write down the code from the -saveold command and leave the game. When I try loading it in a different GR game, the little red text "Invalid Code!" comes up. Yet my friend can load just fine.

Out of curiosity, I made a brand new character, did -saveold since -save does not work for some odd reason, wrote down the code, and tried to load once more. I tried this 2 times more with new characters in case I was just writing the codes down wrongly. Again, "Invalid Code!" for all of them. I've reinstalled Warcraft just to make sure it wasn't my specific client, I am running patch 1.26, did not change my LAN username, etc etc. What gives?

I ran the game as administrator and it creates the file, but the code still will not work.

Level 6
do you use garena ? sometimes there is a problem if you use a different name and not your garena name. (for example my garena account is shapy, my code wont work if i rename myself to testchar in garena)

Level 1
Just realized that I typed Gaia Online rather than Gaias Retaliation, but no we don't use Garena, we use LAN via Tunngle.

Level 1
The same name I was using as I played before, regardless I did get it working after reinstalling a third time or maybe it was just some incompetence on my end.
:goblin_cry:

Disregard this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.