• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Trick for test a map with 2 user if i dont have another people for test it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Infromation for questions provided by hayaku1412 would be good but there is actually one trick for that.

You can play with computer with shared unit control and stuff like that.
I never did it before tho so maybe someone else can provide more info about that

Reactions: nGy
Level 17
Level 25
That isn't the one I remember using, so there should be another one floating around.

Some things you can try to avoid black screen:

Make a shortcut, right click->properties
in the Target field, it should say something like "C:\Program Files\Warcraft\war3.exe", in that field, after the quotation mark, add "-opengl" so it becomes
"C:\Program Files\Warcraft\war3.exe" -opengl
Also in the compatibility tab, disable everything.
(I'm assuming you're using Windows 7)

It might also be because you are/aren't using windowed mode.

EDIT: Gave it a bash; couldn't even get it to launch.

Level 14
Hey shadowvzs ;)

You can also try installing sandboxie when you want to run several instances of warcraft 3 at the same time.

Basically this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmjt3NWNYV4

Can be used for any instance of an application. Not only for Diablo II but also Warcraft 3 ;)
(Don't forget that you'll need several cd keys if you want to test it on battle.net!,
To do this install warcraft 3 multiple times on different locations of your HD's or SSD's)

Another option would be:
creating several windows accounts, then turn off UAC and setting up a fast switch for switching between 2 windows accounts. (need 2 installations on HD's or SSD's)

Another option would be:
run the warcraft 3 instance within a virtual machine like https://www.virtualbox.org/ (1 installation on HD or SSD and 1 on the virtual machine)

Another option would be:
getting a desktop switcher like http://vdm.codeplex.com/
(yet again 2 installations needed, don't know if this one will work though haven't tested it yet)
All the other options should work, it's just a matter of prefference.

I gave you 4 options ^.^ pick 1.
My personal favorite is the virtual machine ofcourse :)
Right now I got 4 operating systems which I can use in my computer due to virtual machines: Windows, Backtrack, OpenSuse, CentOS

Last edited:
Level 17
@rule i have windows xp sp3

@Hashjie hi again :D
so this desktop switcher things absolute dont work :/

also my pc not too so if possible i need a "light - weight" program :D

i tryed virtual box but booting allways halted (must install a OS to it???)

sandiebox worked, i launched bto wc3 but 2nd when i clicked to local area network said "couldn't connect to network" or something like that...

how can i install again warcraft 3 if it is already installed? let me only uninstall
Hey shadowvzs ;)

You can also try installing sandboxie when you want to run several instances of warcraft 3 at the same time.

Basically this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmjt3NWNYV4

Can be used for any instance of an application. Not only for Diablo II but also Warcraft 3 ;)
(Don't forget that you'll need several cd keys if you want to test it on battle.net!,
To do this install warcraft 3 multiple times on different locations of your HD's or SSD's)

Another option would be:
creating several windows accounts, then turn off UAC and setting up a fast switch for switching between 2 windows accounts. (need 2 installations on HD's or SSD's)

Another option would be:
run the warcraft 3 instance within a virtual machine like https://www.virtualbox.org/ (1 installation on HD or SSD and 1 on the virtual machine)

Another option would be:
getting a desktop switcher like http://vdm.codeplex.com/
(yet again 2 installations needed, don't know if this one will work though haven't tested it yet)
All the other options should work, it's just a matter of prefference.

I gave you 4 options ^.^ pick 1.
My personal favorite is the virtual machine ofcourse :)
Right now I got 4 operating systems which I can use in my computer due to virtual machines: Windows, Backtrack, OpenSuse, CentOS

Level 14
@rule i have windows xp sp3

@Hashjie hi again :D
so this desktop switcher things absolute dont work :/

also my pc not too so if possible i need a "light - weight" program :D

i tryed virtual box but booting allways halted (must install a OS to it???)

sandiebox worked, i launched bto wc3 but 2nd when i clicked to local area network said "couldn't connect to network" or something like that...

how can i install again warcraft 3 if it is already installed? let me only uninstall

Want to install 2 copy's?:
Rename the installation folder to something like Warcraft III 2 and you'll be abled to install it again instead of uninstall it ^.^
This can allow you to install 2 copy's with the same cd key
(usefull for when using virtualbox since this will be connected to your own network and thus allows you to use local area network in order to find your own game from both computer and virtual computer.)
Or to install 2 different cd keys for battle.net use.

Virtual Box needs installation?:
For a VirtualBox you indeed need a Operating System, but it should be pretty simple to download a Operating System ISO (Which you can mount inside your VirtualBox to install the Operating System) through eithor torrents or by downloading an open source operating system like OpenSuse.

Local Area Network not working?:
Hmm I don't know exactly why your localhost is having issues with sandboxie. It might be related to some specific options on your personal computer or inside sandboxie. I'd have to take a look at it.
It might also be because you're using 2 instances of the same program. You might need to setup a local host from your computer to make the second instance see it.
It can be a lot of reasons why you're not seeing your map appear in the second instance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.