• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] i can't test some maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
For a long time, i can't test most of the maps (appears jasshelper error message most of them)

i don't think too many players maps is corrupted or something.

Yesterday i'm reinstalled the game

1-) installed war 3 roc + tft
2-) i'm updated it to 1.26a
3-) i'm extracted newgenwe to the Warcraft III folder

i wasn't used and game or world editor cracks, just opened the newgen we but problem continues

what can i do ? maybe i must use one of the cracks ? or something ?

Level 14
Wasn't this a common issue for JassNewGenPack?
I also seem to have this same problem, when using JassNewGenPack I'm unabled to test the map. It redirects me to the main menu of wc3. (no errors)

Or in other cases it might be due to rtc not being enabled. (error)
If this is the case, try turning off your firewall when extracting the JNGP rar file.
It might be that your virus scanner removes some files that you need in order to enable rtc.
Either ways, I usually put my map in the test folder and manually go to single player -> custom map -> select the map and then play.
Then I simply open the map from that path so that I'm working directly on the map that is in the test folder.

Level 14
welcome tom my life. i cant use newgen and cant use the bonus functions

If the extensions are not being displayed in your menu, then your virus scanner or firewall has blocked the nessecary files when extracting the rar.

Which are needed in order to use the extensions.
JNGP uses a hack in order to alter the world editor.
virus scanners and firewalls see them as a potential threat even though there is nothing to worry about.
You can add these files as an exception to your firewall or simply turn off your firewall and virusscanner when extracting the rar.
Then put them on again after extracting. If that still doesn't work, try keeping them off when extracting and opening newgen and see if it does display the extensions.
If it does you might want to consider turning off your firewall every time you open newgen and turning it on afterwards. (Yes, a pain in the ass)

Status
Not open for further replies.