• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

JNGP test map crashes warcraft III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi all,

I'm having a small issue. Whenever I test a map with JNGP v5d my warcraft III crashes. I've tried doing the same with JNGP v2.0 and there it does seem to work. I did add an exception to my firewall so that couldn't be the issue. I already tried re-downloading with firewall off, re-extracting jngp and jasshelper to no avail. It would be nice if someone knows the solution to this issue. I preferr having JNGP v5d over v2.0. I'm more comfortable with it.

EDIT: when I run Newgen Warcraft from within the JNGP folder I get a log message telling me ERROR: RegisterNatives signature not found. Might this have to do something with jasshelper perhaps?

Are you trying to run 'NewGen Warcraft.exe' for some reason? If so, don't.

(1) What kind of crash do you get? Does it just go straight to the Warcraft 3 menu? If so, then be sure you save your map before you click test map. Otherwise, take a screenshot of the error.
(2) Does this issue happen on any map? Even a blank one?
(3) Does NewGen WE open without any issues?
(4) Do you get this issue only through the "test map" button? If you save a map and try opening it regularly through wc3, does it work?

Level 14
1. No it is a warcraft III appcrash that gets registered to the windows log files. I can post the appcrash log if you want?
2. Yes
3. It opens without issue
4. Yes, only the test map button. I think it has something to do with JNGP injecting code into warcraft. It might crash wc3 during the injection. I come to this conclusion because I see a cmd prompt pop up real quickly and closing before the appcrash message occurs.

I figured JNGP uses NewGen Warcraft.exe when using the test map button. Hence why I tried running it to see for an error in the log files. Which in fact did happen...

EDIT: I decided to go with JNGP v2.0 and use vexorian's jasshelper instead of cohadar's. I can move back the files in order to find a solution for this problem so that other people googling this issue might find the answer here.

EDIT2:
HTML:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
 <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" /> 
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID> 
  <Level>2</Level> 
  <Task>100</Task> 
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-03T16:58:46.000000000Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>18947</EventRecordID> 
  <Channel>Application</Channel> 
  <Computer>Hylke-PC</Computer> 
  <Security /> 
 </System>
 <EventData>
  <Data>War3.exe</Data> 
  <Data>1.26.0.6401</Data> 
  <Data>4d83baa9</Data> 
  <Data>rcncore.dll</Data> 
  <Data>0.0.0.0</Data> 
  <Data>49f9b725</Data> 
  <Data>c0000005</Data> 
  <Data>00003cab</Data> 
  <Data>1f30</Data> 
  <Data>01d09e1e8e061777</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\War3.exe</Data> 
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\JNGP\rtc\rcncore.dll</Data> 
  <Data>cbbdfc98-0a11-11e5-97df-a08869952ff8</Data> 
 </EventData>
</Event>
According to the windows log file rcncore.dll seems to be the culprit.

JNGP doesn't inject any code, and it doesn't run NewGen Warcraft when testing (that exe is reserved for native/dll injection on runtime, but that doesn't work with the latest patch without updated addresses).

So the test map and the log issues are probably unrelated. The main concerning thing is that JNGP 2.0 didn't work for you, since RtC was completely removed from there (unless you kept the RtC folder.. the lua might still be there to detect if the installation exists). Anyway, if such a toolbar option exists, go to "Reinventing the Craft" in the JNGP toolbar and disable it. If such a toolbar option does not exist, try deleting the folder.

RtC doesn't work with the latest patch either, and it is kinda outdated now that SharpCraft exists. So it should be safe to remove, and hopefully that will resolve your issues.

Level 14
Thank you for the reply, I already moved on to 2.0 and there it does seem to work.

So rtc was the issue then? I suppose this thread is done then.
+rep for solving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.