• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Running War3 in Multi Instance

Running War3 in Multi Instance

1. Start up warcraft3
  2. Start up Process Explorer
  3. Go to (view) -> (show lower pane [x]), and check the box
    18hhts.png
  4. Go to (view) ->(Lower pane view) -> (handles [x]), and check the box. you don't want the DLL view
    vebq7t.png
  5. Locate war3.exe in the processes list
    10y2epv.png
  6. Find the Event "Event \Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\Warcraft III Game Application"
    jqp3z4.png
  7. Right click it, and click close handle.
  8. Start warcraft 3 again, and you should be able to have 2

1. Create a shortcut to desired warcraft 3 Frozen Throne.exe.
  2. Move shortcut to desktop
  3. right click shortcut, go to properties, then go to target
  4. in the box, add -windowed after the last "
    2gv1ok9.png

1. Create a copy of your war3 directory while not playing war3. You'll want to save it in perhaps the root war3 folder where "C:\WarCraft3\War1\" is your original and "C:\WarCraft3\War2\" is your second one
  2. Follow previous steps to get both warcraft 3's running at once and in windowed mode
  3. Start up both warcraft 3's in windowed mode
  4. Set desiered gateway in first war3 then login to bnet.
  5. Do the same with second war3, but change gateway to a different one (can't run multiple war3's on bnet in same gateway unless different CD key)

Last edited by a moderator:
It worked to an extent for me. I could open two wc3 instances, but I could not open local area network on the second one, so it turned out completely pointless.

It might be worth noting that you need to run the program as an admin too.

IT's true, you cannot LAN this way. I'm sorry. Its only good through bnet.

Edit: An it's not completely pointless, you can test features of your map through bot hosting.