• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mr_Bean's Spell Workshop 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
If you want cool effects add them in your request because i'm not good at eye-candy \o/
Anyway I will start to do request in vJASS when i'll a list from to top to end in the order i have to make them because there's request undone, many requests per guy...

It's okay cuz i'd prefer it coming from the spell makes himself. If you insist on me to suggest the sfx i'll find some later.

Level 10
Well, i thought you could use this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/chain-element-209142/?prev=search=chain&d=list&r=20 as the chains in spell 1 and tint it to orange red. As for the 2nd skill you can add some fiery effects or tint the hero hot red. The 3rd skill just needs a buff that looks hot and fiery. As for the ultimate, i'm not sure this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...-49391/?prev=search=fire%20strike&d=list&r=20 or this http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...229366/?prev=search=fire%20strike&d=list&r=20 would look better.

Level 18
Yeah thanks ^^
Since it's only around 1 month and a half i'm on vJASS it wil be hard ;)
But not impossible :p

FOR THE GUI TEAM : to get the unit armor put this in the map preprocessor
JASS:
function DUMMY_ID takes nothing returns integer
    return 'd000' //Change the rawcode to make this feet
endfunction

function ARMOR_CONSTANT takes nothing returns real
    return 0.06 //Change this if you change the gameplay constant
endfunction

function GetUnitArmor takes unit u returns real
        local real life = GetWidgetLife( u )
        local real life2
        local real x = GetUnitX( u )
        local real y = GetUnitY( u )
        local unit v = CreateUnit( Player(15), DUMMY_ID, x, y, 0 )
        local real test = 10
        if GetWidgetLife(u) > 200 then
            set test = 100
        endif
        call UnitDamageTarget( v, u, test, true, false, ATTACK_TYPE_CHAOS, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL, null )
        set life2 = life - GetWidgetLife( u )
        call RemoveUnit( v )
        set v = null
        if ( life2 > test ) then
            return (-1*(test - life2 ) ) / ( life2 * ARMOR_CONSTANT ) 
        else
            call SetWidgetLife( u, GetWidgetLife( u ) + life2 )
            return ( test - life2 ) / ( life2 * ARMOR_CONSTANT )
        endif
endfunction

To call this use
  • Custom script - set udg_Armor = GetUnitArmor( udg_TempUnit )
This get only positive armor.
I can make it detect negative too just ask.

EDIT : This snippet got a little round error +- 1 armor.
EDIT : Can now get negative value.
EDIT : If the unit got more than 200hp the error is +- 0.1 armor.

Last edited:
Level 8
Here's another req..

Spell Name: Runic Shoot
Code Type: GUI
Spell Type: Hero
Target Type: Point
Allowed Targets: Enemies, Hero, Ground
Area of Effect: 340
Number of Levels: 1
Mana Cost: 0
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Description: The Earth Panda use a special weapon made of a volcanic stone enchanted by the ancient spirits of his temple. He can throw the stone on the target area, causing enemy units on that area to be dizzy for a while and making the path rugged for the them. Dizzy: Reduces armor and damage.

• Slows enemy units by 25%. Dizzy: -10 Armor and -50 Physical Attack Damage

==================================================================

Level 7
Hey guys nice to see you are making such a big progress! :)

I have two requests this time (they are basically opposites of each other so it shouldn't be so hard to make the second one out of the first one):

Spell One:

Request Name: -
Damage Detection System: - (do I really need to use a DDS for this?)
Spell Name: Bless
Code Type: GUI/vJASS - I don't know choose which one will be better I believe it will be vJASS
Spell Type: Hero/Unit (both)
Target Type: Unit
Allowed Targets: Allies
Area of Effect: Level 1 - casted on a single unit only; Level 2 - casted on a single unit only; Level 3 - AoE 500 (every allied unit in that area around the caster - more or less like the 'Roar' spell not like 'Rain of Fire')
Number of Levels: 3
Mana Cost: Lvl 1 Mana cost = 5, Lvl 2 Mana cost = 4, Lvl 3 Mana cost still 4.
Cooldown: none
Duration: 30 seconds
Description: This is a friendly spell similar to 'Inner Fire' it causes the unit that is under the effect of the spell to deal maximal damage at level 1 at casting cost 5, maximal damage at level 2 at casting cost 4 and level 3 maximal + 1 damage for the duration of the spell only!
Ex.: a unit has 1-5 damage with the spell it should do 5 damage (lvl 1 and 2) and (5+1) 6 dmg (at level 3, for every unit in the AoE) for the duration of the spell only;
Of course if it has 2-9 it should do 9 damage (lvl 1 and 2) and (at lvl 3) (9+1) 10 dmg (for every unit in the AoE) for the duration of the spell...

Spell Two:

Damage Detection System: - (do I really need to use a DDS for this?)
Spell Name: Curse
Code Type: GUI/vJASS - I don't know choose which one will be better I believe it will be vJASS
Spell Type: Hero/Unit (both)
Target Type: Unit
Allowed Targets: Enemies
Area of Effect: Level 1 - casted on a single unit only; Level 2 - casted on a single unit only; Level 3 - AoE 500 (every enemy unit in that area around the caster - more or less like the 'Howl of Terror' spell not like 'Rain of Fire')
Mana Cost: Lvl 1 Mana cost = 6, Lvl 2 Mana cost = 5, Lvl 3 Mana cost still 5.
Cooldown: none
Duration: 30 seconds
Description: This is a negative spell similar to "Banshee's 'Curse'" it causes the unit that is under the effect of the spell to deal minimal damage at level 1 at casting cost 6, minimal damage at level 2 at casting cost 5 and level 3 minimal - 1 damage (if that is not less than 1 in this case it should be 1 not less) for the duration of the spell only!
Ex.: a unit has 1-5 damage with the spell it should do 1 damage (lvl 1 and 2) and (1-1=1 because it should still do some damage) 1 dmg (at level 3, for every unit in the AoE) for the duration of the spell only;
Of course if it has 2-9 it should do 2 damage (lvl 1 and 2) and (at lvl 3) (2-1) 1 dmg (for every unit in the AoE) for the duration of the spell...

Hope it is clear enough if not ask about anything that needs more clarification! :)

I've improved some things so now it is better! In case a DDS is needed I believe this one will do: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-damage-engine-v2-2-1-0-a-201016/

Last edited:
Level 18
Ok you will be on the list but you will have to wait long time since i'm totally out right now (just check THW to not get too much things after).

Anyway for the DDS we need you to tell us which one you want to use :)

@Daffa how can i get the right to write on the sourceforge page since i'll need to.

I'm sorry if i write total bullshits i'm totally out ^^'

Level 19
Damage Detection System: ?
Spell Name: SpearCircle
Code Type: GUI
Target Type: Instant
Allowed Targets: Enemies(only organic)
Area of Effect: 200/250/300/400/500/500
Number of Levels: 6
Mana Cost: 50/100/145/200/250/300
Cooldown: 5 seconds

Description: The hero is a spearman and when clicked to this spell the hero turns around himself just one turn and damages every unit. No slow, posion or any other effects.

AoE: 200/250/300/400/500/500

Damage: to every unit 80/150/300/500/1000/2500

Range: is the AoE

Level 18
Oh my god nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore !
We can't handle this >_> !!

We're all busy at the moment so we would like to stop taking requests (or at least for vJASS since I got too many and I don't have a single time to finish them) :)

Don't take this bad dude it is just that we're too busy with school/university at the moment :)

Level 24
My Request Spells

Spell 1
----------------------------------
Request Name: Lightning Charge(Storm Bolt)
Damage Detection System: ????????
Spell Name: Lightning Charge
Code Type: GUI or JASS - Depends (Maybe GUI)
Target Type: Units, Hero
Allowed Targets: Enemy (Not Buildings and Wards)
Area of Effect: Single Target
Mana Cost: LVL 1 - 100, LVL 2 - 150, LVL 3 - 200
Cooldown: 25/23/20
Duration: Stun Duration 2 seconds, Reduce Armor(Fiere Fire) - 2/3/4
Description: Cast a Lightning Bolt(Chain Lightning Lightning Effect) that deals 100/150/200 and stuns the targeted unit for 2 seconds, also reducing its armor by 2/3/4.

PS: follow the colors in description
------------------------------------
Spell 2
------------------------------------
Request Name: Earthshake(Earthquake)
Damage Detection System: ??????????
Spell Name: Earthshake
Code Type: GUI or Jass (Depends on you)
Target Type: Units, Hero,
Allowed Targets: Enemy Units and Heroes
Area of Effect: 300/350/400
Mana Cost: 150/165/175
Cooldown: 20
Duration: Stun - 2/3/4 Seconds
Description: Shakes the ground, slowing the enemies attack speed and movement, when past 3 seconds, the enemies are toss in the sky(Height - Height of Gargoyle). Once in the ground, the enemies is damage for 200 and stuning them for 2/3/4 Seconds

Level 18
Okay I truly think we need to make another one with another team....
I'll start recruit guys.
If I manage to make another :
ALL REQUESTS TAKEN BEFORE THE HUGE VOID OF POSTS WILL BE KEPT.
ALL THE CURRENT VJASS REQUESTS WILL BE KEPT TOO.

Ok now if you think you give us some time just tell me !

Level 19
@NightStalker06698
we can't make him turn around except he has spin animation like blademaster

@Malhorne
it seems this workshop get pretty dead huh? and everyone are busy

i thought about something but i don't know if that would work.

Creating points with polar offsets or something, then making the unit look to that point, or,
making an invisible dummy unit to patrol around the caster in circular movement and making the caster face him

I don't know if these are possible and will be helpful but i just wanted to tell my ideas. :)

Level 17
Hi guys.
I'm really sorry that I've been inactive for a long time. I've been very busy with second year university and haven't had time to spend on WC3.
I apologise to those whose requests haven't been completed. You should re-post them at another workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.