• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

System Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Hello. I will accept some GUI system requests for a while forward. I have not been triggering for a while and this would be a good way to get back into it.

If you want a system done just comment the following.

name:
description:
type:

for example:
name: Tree Respawn System
description: When a tree dies it should respawn after X seconds.
type: MUI

I wont take spell requests because I think theyre boring. If you want a spell done I suggest you request it here
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/kawaii-spell-workshop-243222/

Finished Requests:
Dual System - Requested by GhostHunter123
Weapon System - Requested by GhostHunter123

Last edited:
Level 18
Name: Dual System

Description: Randomly picks players from different teams to engage in combat. Will move the players to another location. Sometimes it's 1vs1, 2vs2, etc., depending on randomness and number of players on each team.

Type:MUI

Or/and

Name: Weapons System

Description: A unit uses a item. The unit gains an unequip ability and other abilities. If the unit used the same item or another item, then remove the abilities gained from the last item, except the unequip ability. Then add either the abilities for dual weaponry or the abilities of the new equipped item. Use unequip abiltiy to remove all abilities gained from using items.

Type: MUI

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@system 1
-how do you want them to be returned? when they are dead revive and place at the location they was on before or just place them on a specific location.
-is every player supposed to battle? lets say it randoms an 1v1 battle should the remaining 8 players be teleported to other battles or just continue playnig somewhere else on the map?

Level 18
Forgot to add: If heroes were alive, place the heroes back where they were facing the same direction. No worries for dead heroes because they will be filtered into a revive system.

Every 5 minutes, a duel is automatically set up between players.

A duel will last for 2 minutes with a timer showing the time. Once a duel is set up, give the players 10 seconds to prepare. If a player's specific hero is dead, then wait until that hero is revived. Have the same timer to show when a duel sets up.

For the non-combatants, they should be watching the dual. You can pause the game. No one can interfere the dual and the combatants cannot leave the duel arena by blinking or chat command.

The team or player that wins get a reward. The reward gets divided among the players in a team. The higher the number of combatants, the larger the reward is.

Extra: Players can invite enemies or allies to duel through dialog. Ally vs Ally = no reward. If the invite were accepted, then an automatic duel will not occur until 5 minutes has passed since the acceptance.

Last edited:
name: Boat or Mount Riding System
description: When a unit gets on the boat they can walk around on it, an actual unit that can move around in an ocean/lake.
type: MUI or at least MPI

Prefer: GUI or JASS as well Boat instead of Mount.

Comment: I would think this will be difficult because it is basically part of a system related to what you would see to a physics system or something similar to it.

Hope you can do it, appreciate you reading this even if refuse. =)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@ghost.
first system is finished. I am working on the other one I just found out an way to do it.

@dat-c3
I might be able to do that. However the boat needs to be rather big if the unit should be able to walk on it.
also are we talking about one single type of boat or many?

edit:
@ghost
why would you need an unequip ability? the abilies got replaced when you pick up another item shy would you like to throw away your spells with an ability?
edit2: I uploaded the second system so you can look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.