• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Most Memorable Game Storyline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Yeah right, Bioware just reused all the characters and plot devices from their other games.

They also revealed the whole plot in the advertising campaign. So no, Mass Effect's story is not amazing.
It's how they combined existing ideas together to form an engaging story that is amazing and impressive. Tell me truthfully, did you not feel awestruck when you first saw the Citadel?

And on a side note, the music also really helps set the mood. A lot of nice sci-fi techno combined with an orchestral score really makes it feel epic. And yeah, I have the soundtrack.

Level 22
i um...kinda liked wh40k's story line n lore...but i guess its not really a game unless you count the DoW's which had no story line. but wh40k lore is cool since theres so much room for you to fill in the gaps of where games workshop decided to leave a bit vague. and also since it's so gothic, it shows that the world cannot be a perfect place. and since spess mehreens are fucking awesome.

The whole Halo series has an amazing story, both conceptual and for the campaigns you play in.

HALO? AMAZING STORY? HLOYS HTIE

It's like.. OH SHIT WE'RE CRASHING - WE HAVE A GUY DRESSED IN ARMOUR WHO IS A FUCKING GOD. HE WILL BLOW THIS MOTHERFUCKING METAL RING UP. etc

The Witcher had an incredibly thought out storyline, although I only played the first, like, 2 hours of it. Super shit.

Level 17
HALO? AMAZING STORY? HLOYS HTIE

It's like.. OH SHIT WE'RE CRASHING - WE HAVE A GUY DRESSED IN ARMOUR WHO IS A FUCKING GOD. HE WILL BLOW THIS MOTHERFUCKING METAL RING UP. etc

The Witcher had an incredibly thought out storyline, although I only played the first, like, 2 hours of it. Super shit.

you've obviously

a) never heard of the books, and go for the mainstream diarrhea river that's fed into the (unfortunately) retarded/prepubescent fan base

b) do not appreciate a sci-fi story line

And yeah, the Witcher was nice.

Level 17
a) never heard of the books, and go for the mainstream diarrhea river that's fed into the (unfortunately) retarded/prepubescent fan base

The books are not the game. Outside work does not count. This thread is only going off of the story that is present in the game themselves. Anybody can make a crappy storyline better with some excellent fan fiction. Comparing a book's storyline to a video game is just ridiculous to me.

Level 1
NOX NOX NOX NOX NOX NOX
Completely and utterly, Nox is a badass game. Storyline rocked. It was hilarious.:thumbs_up: I so wish someone would make a map (rp or rpg) with nox models and story.

Level 17
The books are not the game. Outside work does not count. This thread is only going off of the story that is present in the game themselves. Anybody can make a crappy storyline better with some excellent fan fiction. Comparing a book's storyline to a video game is just ridiculous to me.

"Halo's storyline sucks."

What part of my comment is not relevant to that statement? It is a book and a video game.

Level 9
Mass Effect is the most memorable, because it was the best storyline in a game that I hadn't been tempted to read its story on Wikipedia. It didn't have any twists, but your actions were brilliantly felt, and it was compelling and mysterious without having twists. Additionally, like Resi 5 where you unlock Sheva and you get to use Longbow and get slightly different gameplay in some moments, with the second play-through, you discovered that as you leveled up your Charm/Intimidate, you could see you could get less people to-die. You could not-resort to killing a party member (you didn't have a choice anyway), you could even make

**SPOILERS - PLEASE DO NOT READ THIS!**
Saren kill himself and only fight his mechanical form.
**SPOILERS END**

Lol but if Bioshock didn't get spoiled that would be the best -- but you don't care about its characters, nor do twists be the smartest story device, only a powerful easy one.

Level 34
Fable actually had a decent story. The whole thing was one big cliche, but I have no problem with that, I can enjoy it.

Also the Soul Calibur stories can actually be pretty interesting. I thought so at least.

I started playing Lost Odyssey again, and I will restate that it is very good. Especially the mini-stories about the main characters past.

Level 15
I just re-******d the original Knights of the Old Republic for the PC. Truly a memorable game. Seriously. I'll never forget the first time I found out that my uber-Jedi was actually the Dark Lord of the Sith; and by extension, one of- nay, the greatest swordsman and most powerful master of the Force.

Level 15
/sigh...

I mean re-PIRATED. Jesus... haven't you people been around when I had my "Do you what cause' a pirate is free..." signature and matching pirate avatar?

Anyways... Fable was definitely a great game. Excellent combat system and even better story. I mean really... it was all so humorous! Especially the part where you can either belch or fart to make that bully stop attacking the beggar. Just priceless...

You know what? I take back what I said about Halo being the most memorable. Knights of the Old Republic had the best storyline ever. Period.

Level 15
Most roleplaying games nowadays are not really roleplaying games. That is to say that they dumb everything down a lot... like the combat and the character interaction. How is it possible that only one company (BioWare) is able to make REAL roleplaying games like Mass Effect and Knights of the Old Republic? The world may never know...

On a side note, I'm a bit upset about The Old Republic (the KotOR "MMO"). I don't think the combat will be as cool, as tactical, or as cinematic. And there's always the threat of someone ruining your immersion with a "wtb litesaberz" or something like that.

Level 17
On a side note, I'm a bit upset about The Old Republic (the KotOR "MMO"). I don't think the combat will be as cool, as tactical, or as cinematic. And there's always the threat of someone ruining your immersion with a "wtb litesaberz" or something like that.

Yeah, I saw, what I assume to be gameplay, and they seem to have completely taken out the dueling system that was in place. Now characters just sit there and hack at each other like in any other game. :\ I have a feeling there won't be as deep a level of immersion as there was present in their previous games.

Status
Not open for further replies.