• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Most Memorable Game Storyline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Legend of Mana-One of the best and most memorable games i've played in my Life.
Ragnarok Online-First online game iv'e played. I miss those days so much.
Final Fantasy Tactics-I like it's gameplay. To bad you can only have 2 people in multiplayer mode.

Level 17
Indeeds, I cant remember the story of Wc3 (Though I do remember that I cheated my way through it just to see what happens)

U SUXORZ

Mass Effect had a pretty cool story too, a little generic at times, but still enjoyable. All that stuff you can find that explain the history and everything was incredible and added a lot of depth to the game.

Killzone 2 had a sort of sad twist that probably impacted fans of the first ones more than the casual gamers.

Obviously the Half-Life series. It's been too long since Episode 2. It ended with an obvious setup for the next entry and they(Valve) have said nothing on it.

I also really enjoyed the Jak and Daxter series. I like how the second matured so much from the first, then became incredibly epic for the third. I can't remember but I think I heard that the next installment is in the works.

Ratchet and Clank, those stories were also fun and enjoyable, a great series that everyone should play.

Star Wars: Republic Commando - You and your squad got pretty tight throughout the game.

Level 24
Assassin's Creed had a wonderful story IMO, although it got repetitive, I found it a great deal of fun all along the way, it wasn't too short, nor too long either. The end was completely orgasmic, I have to say that. Perfect cliffhanger, makes you want more and more of it. I thought it'd be great to play as Desmond in AC2. There were a crapload of little things, like the shared curve scar on Altair/Desmond's mouth. A lot of unexplained things, great stuff IMO.

Also, I have to say, Crysis. The story was, IMO, quite good, although the original about the comet crashing, then with the Korean + Americans actually teaming up, with a team etc., around you (see the Crysis Beta shots or something like that, I WANTED THAT stuff) was a lot better IMO. But you have to give it a lot of credit - its graphics were, and still are, some of (if not the?), best. The physics were pretty amazing too, it was a great game overall I though. Except for its tiny play time : |.
<333333 'em both

Also, Altair<33333

Level 6
I would have to say Ocarina of Time. It was just a great game overall; no flaws and a great story with drama, action, adventure... Next are the Starwars KOTOR games. Gameplay wasn't the best, but the story made up for it. In fact thats the only reason I continued to play it. My brother had got it, but it looked kind of like a nerdy game. Than one day I was bored, so I gave it shot and the story was awesome. It turned out to be a really cool game. I would also have to give the Fable the Lost Chapters game some credit as well. Although it was short; it was still a good story and fun to play. All the Warcraft games have a good story as well. However, I don't like or play WOW. I tried it, but didn't like it, so I'm not really sure whats happened to the story. I heard that it sucks and that it doesn't fit with the rest of the lore very well.

Level 17
lol, he's not saying it is against the rules.
You keep complaining about how people are just talking about the games they liked, not the storylines they remember.
So he was trying to get the name changed to something more fitting.

Level 34
That game looks amazing, I really ought to try it some time.
You'd better like your turn based RPG. It's got a few cool features, but overall it's nothing new. I found it a little too slow for my tastes, although I'm tempted to finish it for the story. As well, there are little side stories, or "memories", taht you listen to/read. Although there's no animation and it's just sound and words, I found them to be really enjoyable. They're like little life lessons.

You'd better like your turn based RPG. It's got a few cool features, but overall it's nothing new. I found it a little too slow for my tastes, although I'm tempted to finish it for the story. As well, there are little side stories, or "memories", taht you listen to/read. Although there's no animation and it's just sound and words, I found them to be really enjoyable. They're like little life lessons.

Reading? In a video game? This is madness, surely something is wrong!

Level 19
Text games are very good.
I know they aren't really games anymore (As nowadays, the word "games" generally means video games) but some have really nice narratives.
Then again, I wouldn't play them on the computer, only on my iPod when im REALLY bored...

Level 17
/me revives the thread.

text games are usually played for the story, so they better have a good one. Or else who would want to play it?

Level 15
I'd say the one that stuck with me the longest was the Halo series. You guys might not be into Halo's story as much as me (with good reason- the first two games focus less on the story aspect), but I thought that, despite some minor cliche's, it was very, very deep. The last game in particular had a very emotional ending, which was reinforced by an excellent orchestral score. It was so emotional that I found myself saluting dear Master Chief with a tear in my eye.

And yeah... Halo forever... *sob*

Level 15
No, the Halo story is really great. Read the novels, they have heaps of interesting facts etc, while still having a great narrative.
I put some thought into it, but I haven't picked any of the novels up yet. Regardless of the novels, the story is great, and, as I said before, is reinforced by a great presentation.

Level 6
The Longest Journey, although I never completed it because my cd broke, I did read a walkthrough, just to know the entire story.
In fact, I'm planning to buy it, the 10 year old game, and hopefully play it on my Vista. If not, I'll bring my Windows 98 down from the attic. MUST PLAY!

(/me goes to look at his game collection)

Prince of Persia, is also kind of good IMO, with all the powers of the dagger (trying to have no spoilers:p) and they're also good games overall, with all the puzzles AND fighting. Especially fighting in the later games.

Level 34
See, I just can't get into games like that. I've never even come close to crying. I will admit however, that I have cried in more than one movie.

Level 6
I was gonna write I've never cried evar, but actually I did when I first saw the end of Ocarina of Time, when Navi left Link.

I was like 8 though.

Level 14
Humm...

Dreamfall
LoZ: Twilight Princess
Super paper mario
Wc3
The world ends with you

One off these

Level 25
Well, there are other games I like as well, but these truly has the best story's.

The Elder Scrolls - No need to say anything, the story's just... ERROR! Word can't be found!
Fallout - See above!
Fable - See above!
Diablo - Short and great story, tons of NPC to hack'n'slash, good enough for me.
Nox - The story is a true "kick-ass"! So freaking funny!
I just can't wait until a company buys the rights and makes a second game!
Warcraft - Probably the most memorial games ever, I can't even express it...

Level 6
The most memorable has to be...

The Warcraft Lore - Mainly Warcraft III

No doubt the one lore I know too much about.

Close second:
Legacy of Kain series - A truly underestimated story.

Last edited:
Level 15
Well, there are other games I like as well, but these truly has the best story's.

The Elder Scrolls - No need to say anything, the story's just... ERROR! Word can't be found!
Fallout - See above!
Fable - See above!
Diablo - Short and great story, tons of NPC to hack'n'slash, good enough for me.
Nox - The story is a true "kick-ass"! So freaking funny!
I just can't wait until a company buys the rights and makes a second game!
Warcraft - Probably the most memorial games ever, I can't even express it...

Which Elder Scrolls game are you talking about? Oblivion sucks balls, so i certainly hope you aren't talking about that one.

(The Shivering Isles expansion for oblivion is actually kind of interesting)

Status
Not open for further replies.