• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Most Memorable Game Storyline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Oblivion ^^
No. Just no. Oblivion had a cliched' story which revolves around NPC's as opposed to you.

Yeah, The Old Republic's combat looks... bad. The storyline thing is totally awesome, don't get me wrong. But the way the combat looks... man. The "Deceived" trailer for the game was incredible though.

Level 15
Oh yeah. They REAAAALLY focused on those sidequests! Especially the one where that odd looking old fisherman asks me to collect scales or something or other. Like we haven't seen THAT ONE before.

Level 26
I mean re-PIRATED. Jesus... haven't you people been around when I had my "Do you what cause' a pirate is free..." signature and matching pirate avatar?
Because that's such an essential element of pop culture.

To be quite honest, I couldn't get myself to feel all that surprised about the whole Revan thing. It's the original Star Wars twist with minor alterations. Your character is mysterious enough to begin with, and you never actually see Revan's face. Sort of laid out for you there. It's still an OK storry, but I'm really not seeing history in the making. The delivery of the plotline is pretty good, and HK-47 is reason enough to play the game anyways.

Level 15
Because that's such an essential element of pop culture.
It was sarcasm.

To be quite honest, I couldn't get myself to feel all that surprised about the whole Revan thing. It's the original Star Wars twist with minor alterations. Your character is mysterious enough to begin with, and you never actually see Revan's face. Sort of laid out for you there. It's still an OK storry, but I'm really not seeing history in the making. The delivery of the plotline is pretty good, and HK-47 is reason enough to play the game anyways.
The first time I actually played Knights of the Old Republic I was still pretty young, and I didn't really notice anything. Although now that I look back on it after beating it again, there are a few lines of dialogue that hint at something, but I wouldn't have seen it coming (even now).

But then again, I wanted the game to surprise me. I don't like putting the pieces of the puzzle together too early because otherwise it would spoil the excitement and utter disbelief when the truth finally is revealed.

Level 17
I don't.

BF: BC had an okay story, for a shooter. Just got finished playing through it again.
Grand Theft Auto IV's story was pretty decent, if you could keep track of it throughout.

Level 25
NOX NOX NOX NOX NOX NOX
Completely and utterly, Nox is a badass game. Storyline rocked. It was hilarious.:thumbs_up: I so wish someone would make a map (rp or rpg) with nox models and story.

Oh oh oh! Someone agrees with me!
NOX for the win :)

I still can't wait until that day, when a company
buys the rights for Nox and makes a Nox II!

Level 34
Pff, it cant get much more epic than Super Mario 64...
The title says game storylines. I don't think you can consider Mario 64s storyline the most memorable. I suppose it is since it's extremely short, but this is more about quality.

Level 34
Nah the game was pretty long, and pretty hard for me too. The story is short though. Bowser takes princess, mario rescues princess. The levels don't add much of anything to the story imo.

Level 9
I'd say either Fallout 1 or Halo: Combat Evolved.

Halo's storyline was moving, sad and stirred players, and the soundtrack lent much to that. Fallout just had a plain great plot-line and the varying story allowed for many different emotions to set in.

Level 25
I loved FF9 (its under rated) more, it have a more deep and memorable story
I dont know why all people are insane about FF7 I am currently playing it and I noticed characters (the ones that make the good story) like that gun handed guy (Berret I think) that fans dont mention cause all I heard over the years is sephiroth this and cloud that.

The mythical rpg, Xenogears.
Shocking story featuring adult theme like theology and sociology.
It is one game that is truly instructive and develope many thesis about theologie, sociology and psychology.
There's a strong and stunning critic of the church (the Ethos).
Characters have fascinating personality.
The main character is not your usual candid and ingenuous hero.
It's a schyzophrenic psycho who destroyed his own starting village.
Even FF6 storyline don't match Xenogears.

It never cames out in europe due to his complex and contreversive storyline.

Level 9
Hey, I think I played that somewhere.. The name is very familiar, I think I might have a rom of that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.