• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Moonchants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30

186519-albums8602-picture104358.png

An outstanding hack-and-slash dungeon crawler map, in the process of creation, where you can unite with up to three more players to end the plague which destroyed your kingdom!
Moonchants is a multiplayer map, which offers several difficulty modes for new and old players alike, hack and slash action all the way along, lovely terrain, stunning custom-made effects, and extreme new-user friendliness, and it has already captured the hearts of many while in Beta progress.
Unlike other dungeon crawlers, Moonchants has a lot of replay-ability - be it whether you want to hunt all the Achievements or find every secret - we have it ready for you!

Lore Introduction

Every playable character has it's direct story linked to the main plot.
The King Valefor, once a calm and serene ruler of the World of Seven seems to be under some wretched curse that has driven him mad - he even killed his own dear wife calling her "Of no trust to be spared at!"! Our heroic characters will through their stories all arrive to the Skipping Dryad Inn, in search for alliances to stop the King Valefor's madness, and to find out how he got driven mad in the first place.

Moonchants isn't just your standard action RPG - there is a story to read for each character about how they got here, the game itself is fueled on the mysterious plot, and additionally upon completing the game, you will get to see your character's "ending", following the story plot in a short cinematic. All the characters and stories are linked with each other - and to find out what really happens in the end, a player must complete the game with all characters.

Game Explanation:

Before the game starts, the host may choose to select a difficulty mode himself, or let all players vote for their favorite.

X

Easy Difficulty

Normal Difficulty

Nightmare Difficulty

icons_15159_btn.jpg
What this game mode features?
- All characters start with 2 extra lives.
- Monsters deal less damage.
- Champion Monsters have reduced level of their abilities.
- Dungeon Keepers do not have access to all of their spells.
- All players are immune to Unhealable and Altriusm states.
icons_15160_btn.jpg
- All characters start with 1 extra life.
- Champion and standard Monsters are of normal difficulty.
- Dungeon Keepers have access to all of their spells.
- All players are immune to Altruism state.
icons_15161_btn.jpg
- No extra lives for characters, death will be permanent end to that player.
- Champion monsters gain extra stats.
- There will be more monsters overall.
- Dungeon Keepers are more powerful.
- There will be an extra item per level.
- Only two Moonchant Gems can be picked in Nightmare.

All players will then select a character of their choice, and control only that specific character through the game. Team composition is vital, but since classes in Moonchants aren't straight-forward, one class can substitute for a lot more than one role.
As with every Dungeon Crawler map, players are required to cooperate with each other to progress through different areas filled with monsters to reach the Dungeon Keeper, kill it, and progress further.
There is a total of six different acts to go through, each with different monster families and special events.
Additionally, there will always be two champion monsters in every area, which are a much more lethal variation of a regularly encountered monsters. Killing those yields a free item each. On top of that, players will always find two items in each area near unfortunate skeletal remains of long lost adventurers.

Each character has a set of six unique skills that can be upgraded up to level 5, and one "Ultimate Perk" which has only one level.
Leveling up gives you a Star Fragment (displayed where lumber usually is). One can use star fragments to unlock new spells, or upgrade old ones.

Characters

Current characters are: The Jade Priestess, The Silver Knight, The Silver Rose, The Tormented Queen, The General of New Dawn, The Rosemaid, and The Horadrim Warmage.

Each character has got their unique spells and perks, along with a specific role. To win the game, your team must be a good combo of characters that will aid each other along.

icons_18064_disbtn.jpg
icons_18064_disbtn.jpg
icons_18064_disbtn.jpg
icons_18064_disbtn.jpg
icons_18064_disbtn.jpg
icons_18064_disbtn.jpg
icons_18064_disbtn.jpg
icons_18064_disbtn.jpg

Screenshots & Videos

BETA Release Date

The first BETA version features 7 playable characters, 50 obtainable items, the first act which is divided in two sub-areas, and the very first boss fight - prepare for some dodging as Shadya, the Prophetess of Lies has her arrows fixed on you!

Every BETA release afterwards will add additional content to the game. Once the game is fully made, Alpha stage begins for polishing, bug hunting and balancing, and afterwards, a fully functional Moonchants v1.0 will be up and running :)

First BETA is planned for 1st of January, 2017, but it's possible that it may be a bit sooner, or a bit later.

When the first BETA airs, I'll create links that you can add to your signatures to help the project gather people, testers, and reviewers. Until then, hold your breath as our champions arrive at the Skipping Dryad Inn!

We're looking for...:

Beta testers and reviewers - before anything else, but these will come when first BETA airs.
SFX Modelers - every spell in the map has it's own custom SFX and I've came to a realization that I can't always find what I'm exactly looking for - I'm in a need of someone who is specialized in making special effects rather than solid models. Even if you can only spare time to execute one or two models - it still helps a lot. Every bit of help, helps.
Spell Coder - some spells I can't even think about doing. Looking also for someone experienced in Jass coding to make my life easier. This mostly focuses on creating spells, but a Boss Fight coder is needed too.

[TD] [/TD]

Last edited:
Level 21
Awesome layout, and it sounds very interesting. But I have to admit, I was a bit turned off by the fact that Jade Maiden hardly deals any damage herself. I understand you're trying to give very specific roles to classes to influence team play, but teams aren't always going to work flawlessly together. Maybe make her healing spells deal light AoE damage to enemies surrounding her spell targets? The same could apply to tanks being able to deal some form of unique damage while still fitting their roles (damage return buffs/increased damage output when hit by enemies).

Level 30
That's a neat idea, I'll see what I can do about it :)

Silver Rose and Silver Knight characters info is currently updating. This duo has got a special synergy with each other - together in love and war. Some of their spells will have extra effects if both of them are played in the same game, such as Silver Knight's Fearful Intimidation, which taunts nearby enemies, will also give Silver Rose maximum movement speed for a short duration, allowing her to run away from sticky situations.

Last edited:

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
sounds really good.
After a long time again a interesting wc3 project!
Good luck with your work!

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I love the thread layout - very neat and gentle tone to it <3

As for the project itself, looks promising, definitely waiting on some screenshots of the landscapes :)

Level 30
Silver Knight, Silver Rose, Horadrim Warmage, Rosemaid and Queen of Blades - those heroes will be the base six characters, who's info you can read tonigh, along with some base items information and how they will look like, and what will they do. Items in Moonchant often carry passive perks instead of raw bonuses, such as the Lantern of Hope and it's "Light Fantastic" perk fully healing entire party whenever the wearer levels up, or Aquadalla Shield, which increases heal power of any heal casted on you by 20%.

Some screenies will also come tonight :)

Level 30
Do you hear the tweeting of the birds? The love couple has arrived to the war :)

Check the first post to find out who's the Silver duo - the only two characters which have got a special spell synergy if they are both played in the same game. Will their love be what ends the plague? Or it will become a curse to both? We'll find out soon :)

Level 30
Currently, I'm done with doing terrain for starting area and most of the first area. I'm working on the first Boss, trying to make her a bit of a challenge, but still easy to figure out for new players :)

I've also done another two heroes completely, but I haven't did their info here unfortunately.

Level 30
Some screenies of base terrain work just to surprise you :)

First screeny shows the Skipping Dryad Inn and character selection system we have for now (working on full screen one but I doubt it'll make it's way into first BETA).
The second screeny shows the village area where you start your quests.
The third screeny shows the outside of the village, where you face your first enemies. It also shows a broken bridge, which narrates the party to go around and face more monsters to reach the cemetary, where they will face the first Dungeon Keeper.
Fourth screeny shows how the interface for upgrading spells will look like (visually, only the selection building). Upgrades for all characters are stored by smart codes on this very small island, effectively giving me more space for other things :)

With some testing, I've decided that for first release I'll put in 2 DPS characters, 2 tanks, an offensive caster and a healer hero. So in order: Queen of Blades, Silver Rose, Silver Knight, Horadrim Warmage, Rosemaid and Jade Maiden.

I'm so exciteeeeeed ^^

Attachments

• Screeny 1.JPG
    Screeny 1.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 289
  • Screeny 2.JPG
    Screeny 2.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Screeny 3.JPG
    Screeny 3.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Screeny 4.JPG
    Screeny 4.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 171

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i am not quite liking the lumpy grass tiles being spammed though. why not using the ashen grass and ashen dirt grass one? it has more smoother transition IMO.

Level 30
Update info: all 6 base characters have been triggered and made completely, including their SFX, lore and stories. I'll just have to add the info to pastebin to update this thread later, so that it's reviewable. Jade Maiden character has been slightly reworked, too, so consider the info outdated until I post the new pastebin entries :)

The first boss is also done, and a part of first terrain is complete. I was right to say the first beta will air on the 1st February - I can't seem to finish the base before that.

Thanks for all the love and support for this project I'm getting here and via VMs/PMs <3

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
Just wanted to ask, whether Beta is coming along?

(I remembered something about the 1. February, but deadlines usually getting flexibel at some point... :)

greetings, gwy

Gwy

Gwy

Level 4
Dear Apheraz!

Same question as last time:
How the Beta is going along?

And - will it be an closed or a public beta?
Greetings,
Gwy

Level 14
Hey Apheraz Lucent, I am really looking forward to play this with some friends. We are big fans of coop games and the whole design so far looks excellent. I hope you will be able to release that demo.

Dont release it sooner, it is never a good idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.